• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Ballads Of Antara | State of Play Reveal Trailer

KyoZz

Tag, you're it.
pTn5tNz.png

Key features:
- Will be F2P
- Up to 3 players coop
- Venture across two worlds

Ballad of Antara is an upcoming multi-platform dark fantasy ARPG from Infold Games, developed by TipsWorks Studio. Embark on a perilous journey, seek towering divine creatures & reclaim the twisted and lost essences of the world.

From a distant past, the arrows of time have gone wayward, and the seeds of everything in-between ceased to blossom. The familiar “essences,” taken away by a sudden cloud of Mist, are veiled under the unknown side of the world.
Travel through the Para to seek towering, divine creatures. Retrieve those twisted and lost “essences” of the land, and turn them into powers against the Grey Mist.

Ballad of Antara is an action-RPG with multiple playable characters.
These characters possess the power to traverse the two worlds of normalcy and unimaginable. We call them “Emissaries”. Each Emissary has their own unique class, gameplay capabilities, and their own enticing, mysterious stories we want to tell.

Finding and rallying these Emissaries across the world, strengthening your forces, and discovering the truth behind the calamity of this land, are your primary goals in Ballad of Antara.
The young girl shown at the end of our reveal trailer is the key to this endeavor. You will help her undo the devastation done to this desolate world through trials, twists, and confrontation, and witness her growth along the way.

Besides an engrossing single-player narrative, Ballad of Antara will also offer multiplayer support up to 3 players, so you can venture with your friends, or find other players to face this challenging land head on, including story quests, exploration, and intricately crafted dungeons.

More informations here: Playstation Blog

Ballad-of-Antara_2024_05-30-24_001.jpg
Ballad-of-Antara_2024_05-30-24_003.jpg
Ballad-of-Antara_2024_05-30-24_006.jpg
Ballad-of-Antara_2024_05-30-24_007.jpg

Last edited:

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
IGN says it's multiplat.

Ballad of Antara, a dark fantasy RPG that will see a multiplatform release, including the PS5, is coming sometime next year.

Developed by TipsWorks Studio, players who buy Ballad of Antara will be tasked with venturing into a journey to recliam the lost essensces of the world.

Kurotri

This was the standout game of the show for me. I'm very intrigued.
Edit: Wait what the fuck do you mean free to play?

Last edited:

Barakov

Gold Member
Looks pretty interesting. Seems like an ex-blizzard writer is working on it. Interested in seeing more.

mortal

Looks promising, and the visuals are solid.
Still, I swear Chinese action games only seem to have two settings, super-stylized sci-fi or mythical Chinese fantasy :messenger_grinning_squinting:

Besides an engrossing single-player narrative, Ballad of Antara will also offer multiplayer support up to 3 players, so you can venture with your friends, or find other players to face this challenging land head on, including story quests, exploration, and intricately crafted dungeons.

This and Where Winds Meet was the best announcements for me but as soon as I came to know this is F2P I'm unsure about this one.
A Single Player narrative is free to play and there's multiplayer co-op upto 3 other players and characters

This seems too good to be true, what's the catch here?

Bartski

Gold Member
looks cool but I recall at least 2 other games coming from Asia from other showcases that look identical or am I tripping

DavidGzz

Looks too good to be true for a f2p game. I expect a downgrade but will accept being pleasantly surprised if the gameplay truly looks like that!

Fbh

F2P chinese souls clone, no thx.

Though I guess it could find an audience...if it ever comes out... and it doesn't get downgraded to oblivion

Top Bottom