• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Dark Knight SPOILER THREAD

Status
Not open for further replies.

Duderz

Banned
Linkzg said:
I wonder if anyone will at least record the commentary and put it up for those of us who didn't get in

I would say there's no way this won't be reported on.

Anyway, count me in the invitation, but having no idea what to ask.

Cooter

Lacks the power of instantaneous movement
Finally saw it Tuesday on BR.

Holy shit this movie is good! One of the best movies I've seen in years and easily the best Batman ever.

My grandpa and I were sitting in his living-room clapping when it was over.

Well done.

Matrix said:
Just got my email for the Nolan screening event,signed up right away and got in :)

"Congratulations! You are now signed up for Live Christopher Nolan Event!
This event starts on December 18th at 6:00 PM (PST)
Please remember that in order to participate, you must have the following:

* The Dark Knight on Blu-ray Disc
* A Blu-ray Player that supports BD-Live*
* Your Blu-ray Player must be connected to the Internet*
* A computer connected to the Internet (to ask questions)

On the day of the event:

* Pop your The Dark Knight Blu-ray Disc into your Internet-connected Blu-ray player at least 15 minutes before the event and log into BD-Live from the main menu
* Fire up your Internet-connected computer and go to bdlive.warnerbros.com, sign in and click on the Post Question button in the event to ask a question"

You can also send out 3 questions before the event starts.

How do you sign up for it. I signed up via online (lost the link) and it gave some instructions on what to do when I get the movie.

Help? :p

DMczaf

http://www.eonline.com/uberblog/b72739_Is__lt_i_gt_Batman_3_lt__i_gt__a_Go_.html

The next Batman installment is alive and kicking—definitely. We already mentioned today certain Warners sources are leaking to us that Rachel Weisz is being considered for the Catwoman role, too fab. But Warners officially isn't saying bubkes. But other insiders working on the next installment, to follow up where The Dark Knight left off, say it's all so a go:

Despite some recent interviews in which he down-played the possibility of returning as director again, Christopher Nolan (who helmed Knight) will for sure be back directing the third flick, we're assured by a production mole. Christian Bale will obviously rejoin his director pal, and we're very pleased to report that he'll be playing a "sexier" Bruce Wayne. This is heaven-sent news, as, let's face it, Bale couldn't have looked any more constipated in that last flick.

By the by, even though Warners did not comment on any of the above movie talk, additional studio sources did confirm it's certainly "expected" Bale and Nolan will be back, pending a script which is being written as we gossip.

Sequel rumors, here we go again

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Rachel Weisz would at least be a huge upgrade in the babe factor but please, keep name actors to a minimum. Let's not go down that road anymore.

I'm fine with Bruce playing up the millionaire playboy thing.

But Catwoman? no.
Rachel Weisz as Catwoman? God please no.

I'd rather have the villain be "Becky the one-legged shemale" who gimps about and kills citizens of Gotham about by coughing and farting on them rather than whatever they supposedly have planned for Catwoman.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
joshuagor44 said:
Worked out fine for TDK.

True enough. I'm just wary of name recognition trumping quality though Ledger as Joker was just on another level. Rachel Weisz would have been great from the beginning as Rachel Dawes but I can't see her as Catwoman anywhere but my sick fantasies. :D

madmook

Just got the blu-ray version and....

FUCK YOU Warner you left out Chinese subtitles, which were available in the Batman Begins blu-ray. It would've made the movie better for my parents. I thought since BB had them, they would also put 'em in DK, wtf?

I think Catwoman would be a perfect foil.

Rachel represented Bruce's hope for a normal life, which got blown straight to hell.

Catwoman, like Batman, is a freak and a "criminal," yet Batman can't help but attracted to her.

Can someone explain all the Catwoman hate?

effzee

suaveric said:
They were casting for TDK before the script was done.

really who? and remember we knew they knew...hell the whole world knew the JOKER was going to be in the movie.

so unless the Nolan brothers have already decided to have a Catwoman even without finishing a script and with nothing to hint at a Catwoman storyline from TDK....I DONT BUY IT.

working on a script? Yes i can see that

working with Nolan and his brother? Yes i can see that

nolan and bale coming back? Most likely and def for bale who i think is signed for the third movie along with oldman, freeman, and caine.

but already casting? BS. and unfortunately that makes the whole report rather dubious...no matter how much i want sequel news.

DMczaf

effzee said:
really who? and remember we knew they knew...hell the whole world knew the JOKER was going to be in the movie.

so unless the Nolan brothers have already decided to have a Catwoman even without finishing a script and with nothing to hint at a Catwoman storyline from TDK....I DONT BUY IT.

working on a script? Yes i can see that

working with Nolan and his brother? Yes i can see that

nolan and bale coming back? Most likely and def for bale who i think is signed for the third movie along with oldman, freeman, and caine.

but already casting? BS. and unfortunately that makes the whole report rather dubious...no matter how much i want sequel news.

Nolan started talking to Ledger about the Joker before there was a script.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ger-will-blow-us-away-in-The-Dark-Knight.html

Nolan first talked with Ledger about the role before there was a script. "We talked about how we saw this character and we both had exactly the same concept - that the Joker revels in creating chaos and fear on a grand scale. Heath seemed to instinctively understand how to make this character different from anything that had ever been done before."

TJ Spyke

I want Warner Bros. to call Christian Bale's bluff and put Robin in the next movie (Bale threatened to quit the Batman movie franchise if they brought Robin back in).

effzee said:

"It should do fine on cats." CATWOMAN CONFIRMED LOLOLOLOLOL

Well, it's E Online, I don't buy any of their rumors, but saying Nolan and Bale will be back for a third Batman isn't really much of a surprise. Nolan just needs to get that storyline he wants to do all written up and ready to go.

Matrix

LeBron loves his girlfriend. There is no other woman in the world he’d rather have. The problem is, Dwyane’s not a woman.
shagg_187 said:
How do you sign up for it. I signed up via online (lost the link) and it gave some instructions on what to do when I get the movie.

I signed up via the link you got and then logged into the bd-live part on the blu-ray.A email showed up in my email inbox that I had used to link my account to a couple of days later.Not sure why you didn't get one,unless you haven't gone online with your disc yet.

effzee

Exclamation-One said:

Rachel represented Bruce's hope for a normal life, which got blown straight to hell.

Catwoman, like Batman, is a freak and a "criminal," yet Batman can't help but attracted to her.

I dont know really know why GAF hates the character but me personally I have a hard time imagining a Catwoman in the world Nolan has set up.

Let me explain: We already have one man who dresses up as a Bat. A women who dresses up as a Cat I think delves way too much into a comic world, one which Nolan has sort of purposely not set up. Nolan has been very careful to explain, in as realistic a way possible, the reason for all the villains.

Ras Al Ghul comes across more as a Viglilante himself who defines justice very differently than Batman himself. Compare that to the comics/animated series where he just comes more as immortal power hungry maniac.

The Scarecrow I think was brilliantly written in. When I first heard about him in BB I was like OMG how this going to work? Well it worked perfectly as the money hungry mad scientist using a fear toxin.

The Joker writes himself.

Two Face was handled IMO the only way you can in a movie setting. He does not go from absolute good to absolute evil. I loved how they paralleled his metamorphosis with that of Bruce after he lost his parents. Dent loses it. His motivation is revenge for his love, not a rather generic quest for power/evil dominance.

Obviously if they do go in the direction of the Catwoman I think it will be because like the above mentioned characters they have found the perfect way to write her in where she fits into the semi real semi comic book Gotham Nolan has set up. But right now I just dont see a man dressed as a bat and a woman dressed as a cat as being logical in the world already set up.

Not to say I would not like to see one of the Hollywood babes in spandex or leather.

Also another thing...BB hints at where the sequel will go. Escalation=Joker.
TDK also hints at which direction the sequel will go into. Batman being hunted. I am not sure they intend on a or need a "major" villain or even a major city wide "threat" for the next movie. I think it will be mostly about Bruce Wayne.

bob_arctor

Tough_Smooth
Exclamation-One said:

There's none of my part but her inclusion would facilitate the need for another bad guy altogether, one that threatens them both. Catwoman solo would not present enough of a challenge for Bats, at least not in the dire life-threatening way.

effzee

DMczaf said:
Nolan started talking to Ledger about the Joker before there was a script.

http://www.telegraph.co.uk/culture/...ger-will-blow-us-away-in-The-Dark-Knight.html

Yeah and thats why I mentioned that BB basically tells everyone that the next movie is about the Joker.

Script or no script you knew there would be the Joker. So unless they have the same mindset regarding the Catwoman and know even without a script that she will be part of the movie I don't buy it.

BB told us it would about the Joker.

TDK only tells us it will be about Batman and how his symbol of uncorrupted good has publicly been destroyed.

suaveric

effzee said:
Yeah and thats why I mentioned that BB basically tells everyone that the next movie is about the Joker.

Script or no script you knew there would be the Joker. So unless they have the same mindset regarding the Catwoman and know even without a script that she will be part of the movie I don't buy it.

BB told us it would about the Joker.

TDK only tells us it will be about Batman and how his symbol of uncorrupted good has publicly been destroyed.

There was also an interview where Aaron Eckhart said he was asked about playing Harvey Dent before he read a script.

The way TDK was written, Chris Nolan and David Goyer sat down and outlined the story and then John Nolan went and fleshed out the entire script. This all happened in the fall/winter of 05. So following the same time line, it's very possible that they would have their outline finished by now or at the very least have a good idea about what characters are going to show up in the final story.

This is not to say that there will be a Catwoman in the next movie or that they are casting already, but it is possible that they are.

CrunchinJelly

formerly cjelly
I finally saw this tonight, sat through the DVD. I thoroughly enjoyed it and thought it was much, much better than Begins.

Two-Face seemed kind of wasted, though. :-/

Kyuubi

I tried to put the digital copy on my zune only to find it wont let me. Anyone know if there's a way to get it to transfer?

DMczaf

4hqsy8.jpg

:lol

So the Foreign Press took a nice dump on Dark Knight, only Heath Ledger got nod for a Golden Globe

This is a very bad sign for fans thinking Dark Knight was getting a best picture nod (they won't get it). Elitism in the press at it's finest.

Spike

shagg_187 said:

You signed up online. That's good.

Next step is you need to put the Blu-Ray in your profile 2.0 player, and when it starts up go into the menu and select the BD Live option.

Then login to the account you created, and it will automatically register your TDK Blu-Ray under your profile.

After that, you'll get the email that you need to follow the directions of, and you should get a confirmation email if you are one of the first 100,000 responses.

Prince of Space said:
Yeah, the bonus disc is pretty disappointing -- especially considering the considerable amount of bonus features BB had, TDK comes up pretty short. The "Psychology of Batman" doc is pretty interesting, and.... that's it.

And absolutely no commentary on the first disc. WTF?

Anyone get the Circuit City version with the blurry Joker slipcase? Question: Is that slipcase sealed in the packaging or loosely slipped over? I kinda wanna steal one to put over my FYE steelbook version. :D

Ken Masters said:
So the Foreign Press took a nice dump on Dark Knight, only Heath Ledger got nod for a Golden Globe

This is a very bad sign for fans thinking Dark Knight was getting a best picture nod (they won't get it). Elitism in the press at it's finest.

People don't like a film you like, therefore=elitism? Whatever

ok, does anyone else have this problem?

I got the bluray, and on this one random part, theres a kind of thick blue line that goes up the screen for like 3 seconds out of nowhere...it makes no sense...

it always occurs on that part.

I also noticed the same thing happening in "I am legend" blu ray but it would be 2 blue lines going across a different part of the screen on the same part of that movie.

could it be my ps3 or my hdtv?

<edit> actually, I am noticing whenever theres some strange bight light...it's causing a blue line...wtf

suaveric

so i finally got my TDK blu ray today and i'm having some trouble. i'm trying to get signed up for the bdlive event but when i pick the bdlive option from the pop up menu all i get it a message telling me that it won't work on all bluray players. am i missing something? i have a bd-live compatible player, the sony s350. i've upgraded it via the ether net port, it should be good to go. what am i doing wrong?

Sanjuro

suaveric said:
so i finally got my TDK blu ray today and i'm having some trouble. i'm trying to get signed up for the bdlive event but when i pick the bdlive option from the pop up menu all i get it a message telling me that it won't work on all bluray players. am i missing something? i have a bd-live compatible player, the sony s350. i've upgraded it via the ether net port, it should be good to go. what am i doing wrong?
Too late to sign up.

suaveric

SanjuroTsubaki said:
Too late to sign up.

i still got signed up. the problem was that i had to have a usb memory stick in the back of the blu ray player. wtf! do all blu ray players need added memory for bdlive content?

effzee

msdstc said:
I love how people think its elitism... yeah you got that right.

i think the reason ppl think its elitism is because certain types of movies are usually overlooked simply because of the genre they fall into. usually this makes sense because many of these "summer" blockbusters" or "superhero movies" are not anything more than their genre.

with TDK some critics have gone out of their way to make the point that its not just the best comic book movie ever made but just a great movie overall. that its not great as only a comic book movie but that the story, writing, and acting makes it a top notch film.

i am not sure if its worthy for anything more than a nod for ledger. but i think that's where the label of elitism comes from. its almost like how they create a seperate category for comedy or animated features...as if by being that genre alone a film is disqualified from being part of the "real" BEST FILM OF THE YEAR category.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom