• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

dalin80

Banned
If Lewis stays out of trouble and actually finishes races i'm certain he'll finish above Button at the end of the season.

He had 3 retirements in 2011-

canada which was mostly his fault but also due to bad conditions as he went into button who was going much much slower at the time.

Belgian was his fault for thinking a overtake was done with while kobayashi disagreed.

Brazil was a technical failure as his gearbox failed.

Just had to have a laugh at reading through hamiltons wiki page, so many silly little comments and exaggerations, such as making out that hamilton rammed massa out of the monaco race while chuckling and twirling his moustache.

defel

Just watched the Nic Hamilton documentary on iPlayer. Nic has a great attitude and I was also impressed by Antony Hamilton's attitude. He doesnt shy away from being critical about Nic's performance and seems to impress upon the fact that you have to work hard and graft if you want to become successful. No doubt those are the sort of lessons that really helped Lewis.

edit: Actually, maybe Lewis could do with remembering some of those lessons

Osiris

I permanently banned my 6 year old daughter from using the PS4 for mistakenly sending grief reports as it's too hard to watch or talk to her
Joined f1racemanager with Osiris F1, look forward to the competition :D

DieH@rd

Banned
Joined Racemanager, I take it you've only the budget to afford a few things initially? Or can you go into the red?

You have to buy one of everything [both drivers, and all equipment]. Cant go in the red.

In 2010 i finished ~110th in the entire f1racemanager competition, last year i fumbled the start of the season and finished much lower.

Ark

Maybe this year I can make it into the top 50. Spent pretty much the entire season lulling around in the 50-60 zone.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Cheers, guess you just have to start off at the bottom then?
Crap drivers, decent chassis and engine combo and the best fuel you can afford is the tried and tested method at the start.

It's more interesting when you can afford better combinations, but then you have to start to really analyse practice sessions and get your team right.

Also, there are the disastrous weekends where elements of your team retire/crash out etc. Very frustrating especially for anyone who favoured Lewis as a driver last season, because of his cheap price.

navanman

Crown Prince of Custom Firmware
Very frank interview with Jaime Alguersuari and he gives an update on Kubica.
I can't ever see him coming back to F1, he will do well to use his arm & hands properly again.
"I think Robert is and was a fantastic driver, fast and complete. I am sure that if the team went to the front would be a world champion without a doubt. At present the latest information that I have about it are not very good. He can not drink the hand can not take a glass and drink so it does not look too good. I think his injury is worse than expected. Of course I would like to come back, because without a doubt deserves to F1."
http://www.f1talks.pl/2012/03/07/alguersuari-robert-nie-moze-wziac-szklanki-i-pic/

kharma45

Edmond Dantès;35822097 said:
Crap drivers, decent chassis and engine combo and the best fuel you can afford is the tried and tested method at the start.

It's more interesting when you can afford better combinations, but then you have to start to really analyse practice sessions and get your team right.

Also, there are the disastrous weekends where elements of your team retire/crash out etc. Very frustrating especially for anyone who favoured Lewis as a driver last season, because of his cheap price.

Cheers for the tip, I'll probably do some refining to my set-up before next weekend.

Ark

Just don't forget to update your team, or to make sure you've placed your bets and whatnot each weekend like I kept doing.

Any word on when the new OT is going to go up by the way? We're only ten days away from the season start.

Ha, I had everything the wrong way. Shit fuel, Kobayashi and De La Rosa and Marussia car+chassis.

I swapped everything following your suggestions and I have exactly 0 monies left.

Any word on when the new OT is going to go up by the way? We're only ten days away from the season start.

yesssss.jpg

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Just don't forget to update your team, or to make sure you've placed your bets and whatnot each weekend like I kept doing.

Leunam says by the end of the week.

TylerD

The visuals of the Sky F1 opening are very emotionally impacting but the music doesn't quite deliver. I love the video time warp from classic to modern F1.

Xun

Just managed to watch the Nic Hamilton documentary and I must say it was really good!

It'll be good to see him doing well this year.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
In-depth analysis from testing:
http://abulafiaf1.wordpress.com/2012/03/06/331/

I've only briefly skimmed through it so far, I'll read it properly tomorrow and pick out parts which are worth posting.
It's a very good analysis, but the gist of it is; McLaren and Red Bull are the teams to beat (not much between them) Mercedes have closed the gaped somewhat and Force India may well have may some good progress as well, enough to propel them to the top of the midfield pack. Ferrari are disappointing and Lotus are now among the top tier of teams.

S. L.

Edmond Dantès;35827448 said:
It's a very good analysis, but the gist of it is; McLaren and Red Bull are the teams to beat (not much between them) Mercedes have closed the gaped somewhat and Force India may well have may some good progress as well, enough to propel them to the top of the midfield pack. Ferrari are disappointing and Lotus are now among the top tier of teams.

Clearly RBR and McL are the fastest of the pack. But the extremely low tyre degradation on the RBR would suggest to me they weren't really pushing too hard during testing.
And then there is the thing that it more or less only compares it to the Spec A RBR

In general i think this analysis just shows there really isn't enough data available to draw really meaningful conclusions aside from some really rough trends

This is the first year on f1racemanager for me, hope all goes well :p

Is there a private league for gaf? if so what are the details?

going with Senna and Rosa as my drivers, woo!

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
2011 Racemanager standings.

QBA6t.png

squE7.png

See if we can reclaim top spot this season.

DD

Edmond Dantès;35829550 said:
You can join a public and private sub-league in Racemanager.

Ouch. So I guess I'll leve my other league to join you guys this year. =c

I'm "DD Power", by the way...

Dead Man

Registered a new team, sick of Blue Racing, I am now Dead Man Racing. Not creative, but at least you will be able to watch the failure without too much effort! :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom