• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
I wonder what Fernando wants for Christmas.

eIPsm.png

Looks like a great time.

zfGyr.png

One of these men will not be at the next Ferrari Christmas party.

kvpjE.png

Adamm

Alonso & Wife Divorce

http://www.gpupdate.net/en/f1-news/272922/alonso-and-pop-star-wife-divorce/

Typical Alonso, drives like a pro all season and then deals with private stuff during the off season, Unlike Hamilton moping around during races after splitting up with his girlfriend :p

Im joking... :p

EDIT: Although it does show the difference between the two drivers, you hear very little about Alonso's private life where as Hamiltons is very open. And looks whos private life has effected their performance..

Alonso & Wife Divorce

Typical Alonso, drives like a pro all season and then deals with private stuff during the off season, Unlike Hamilton moping around during races after splitting up with his girlfriend :p

EDIT: Although it does show the difference between the two drivers, you hear very little about Alonso's private life where as Hamiltons is very open. And looks whos private life has effected their performance..

poor guy. on the other hand

Fernando Alonso welcomes Kimi Raikkonen's return to Formula 1

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Alonso & Wife Divorce

Aww, feel for everyone involved, divorces are a really hard thing to deal with. :(

Seanspeed

Banned
And lol @ everyone who said that Perez was better than Kobayashi this season. Perez is boring and got only half the points Kobayashi got.

True, but it was also Perez's rookie year. And he frequently showed he was just as quick, if not quicker than Kobayashi on raw pace.

I think Perez might actually be one of the big talents of the future.

Lucius86

Banned
Edmond Dantès;33624617 said:
And the other half for Webber.

There is a reason I am single....

Leunam, OP is awesome. You are our God of F1 gaf.

Alongside Webber

True, but it was also Perez's rookie year. And he frequently showed he was just as quick, if not quicker than Kobayashi on raw pace.

I think Perez might actually be one of the big talents of the future.

Agreed. He showed the most promise.

The crush started in 2010

– Kimi was a completely unique F1-driver, different character, brilliant driver and the most fair opponent I have ever known. Kimi is respectable and he is a respectable racer. In every battle or overtaking with Kimi you always had the feeling of us being safe because he always drove so fairly, Alonso praises.

– It's obvious that this bunch of 24 drivers miss Kimi. I think he enjoys it where he is but it would be cool if he would come back again.

Have you been following Räikkönen's rally career?

– Yes. Kimi has already become a good rallydriver. It hasn't been easy for him because the opponents are years ahead of him when it comes to experience. Yet I believe that Kimi will soon win in rally and I also genuinely wish that he will win the championship in that serie too.

– I can't answer to that but I think that Kimi found some trust in the car in the end of last season when Felipe couldn't drive. If Felipe would have been driving, then I believe that Kimi would had been ahead Felipe just like I am now.

Turun Sanomat 22.7 2010 20:52:37

That explains why Alonso was always trying to be Kimi's teammate, first in MLaren then Ferrari..

EDIT: more praise from today's interview

"He's one of the drivers with the biggest talent on the grid, a world champion, a wonderful person... So it's going to be a pleasure to race alongside him.

"I'm not comparing him with anyone, but it's not the same to start a race and get to the first corner and have Kimi Raikkonen alongside you than having a young driver or a rookie. Fighting with champions like this gives you a different feeling and more security."

love is in the air

dubc35

Great OP Leunam!

Is the Australian GP here yet?

I'll have to get by with the return of Top Gear and maybe get back into some WRC next month. I'm so happy they're back in Monte Carlo!

Shaneus

There is a reason I am single....

Leunam, OP is awesome. You are our God of F1 gaf.

Alongside Webber
Leunam didn't post a video of Webs at the beach. I think I deserve *some* credit.

In other news, yesterday I received two envelopes... one of which is a registered envelope, waiting for pickup at my post office while the other has a spanking new flyer for the 2012 Melbourne F1 GP and a fridge magnet with next year's calendar on it.

I'm going to the GP, bitches!!!!

Leunam didn't post a video of Webs at the beach. I think I deserve *some* credit.

In other news, yesterday I received two envelopes... one of which is a registered envelope, waiting for pickup at my post office while the other has a spanking new flyer for the 2012 Melbourne F1 GP and a fridge magnet with next year's calendar on it.

I'm going to the GP, bitches!!!!
Don't forget the GAF banner, or else ...

Adamm

Martin Brundle tweeted that he thinks Petrov "re emerge" at Caterham F1 in 2012.

Im assuming as a reserve driver as Trulli & Kovalainen's seats seem pretty secure.

Shaneus

Oh. Yeah. I'll just have to remember to hold it the right way, or it might appear to say something else if it gets on camera...

Anyway, I'll be too busy preparing for the inevitable Australian domination sesh when Webs come first with Ricciardo close behind.

Oh. Yeah. I'll just have to remember to hold it the right way, or it might appear to say something else if it gets on camera...

Anyway, I'll be too busy preparing for the inevitable Australian domination sesh when Webs come first with Ricciardo close behind.

Too busy? Jesus, you're disappointing.

Just like Webber.

Deadman

Cant do that, its in the rules that at least 35% of tracks have to be terrible. What other reason could there be?

Oh right...$$$

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom