• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Shaneus

img_0569_r5obgx.png

Shaneus

Yeah, really excited for it. Hopefully not the last one I go to, either!

Debating whether to buy this or cut my losses, move on to Ricciardo and wait to see if he'll get any STR merch on his site.

Edmond Dantès;33652598 said:
Senna seems to have been confirmed at Williams alongside Maldonado.
Paydrivertastic. What an utterly average lineup they have.

I remember when they were a force to be reckoned with. Though by saying that I'm wondering if I'll soon be showing my age. ;)

Shaneus

Really, really excited about it. Not sure whether I want to organise a hotel with my bro or not (given that we live only an hour's drive/train ride away) but it'll be awesome to do something awesome rather than just watch it on TV. At least the weather will be fantastic.

I think I'm going to buy that Aussie Grit body flag thing. If he finishes any less than first, I'll be changing the ""G and "R" to "S" and "H".

Lucius86

Banned
Really, really excited about it. Not sure whether I want to organise a hotel with my bro or not (given that we live only an hour's drive/train ride away) but it'll be awesome to do something awesome rather than just watch it on TV. At least the weather will be fantastic.

I think I'm going to buy that Aussie Grit body flag thing. If he finishes any less than first, I'll be changing the ""G and "R" to "S" and "H".

Uber jealous :-(

Still saving my pennies for Singapore...

Shaneus

Uber jealous :-(

Still saving my pennies for Singapore...
FWIW, I wasn't posting to incite any kind of jealousy or gloating, just that I'd actually received the pack. Being my first F1 gig I'm really not sure what to expect. Hoping for the full circus and not too many fuckheads. A chance to get up close with any of the drivers or the cars (any of them, really) would be a hell of an experience too, if that should happen.

Rest assured, I'll be taking as many photos and movies as possible and giving you all updates :)

Adamm

Barrichello tweeted "Just came back from England...now some holidays...and waiting for good news from Williams"

So.....He's hoping Senna isnt taking his seat? Or they have seen sense and are dropping Maldonado?

Edmond Dantès

Dantès the White
Barrichello tweeted "Just came back from England...now some holidays...and waiting for good news from Williams"

So.....He's hoping Senna isnt taking his seat? Or they have seen sense and are dropping Maldonado?
He's hoping that the negotiations between Senna's camp and Williams fail.

FWIW, I wasn't posting to incite any kind of jealousy or gloating, just that I'd actually received the pack. Being my first F1 gig I'm really not sure what to expect. Hoping for the full circus and not too many fuckheads. A chance to get up close with any of the drivers or the cars (any of them, really) would be a hell of an experience too, if that should happen.

Rest assured, I'll be taking as many photos and movies as possible and giving you all updates :)

God just stop rubbing it in yeah? Lucius is on the verge of tears.

lol, the first time i've seen these:

hamilton9_gallery__600x383.jpg

hamilton12_gallery__600x396.jpg

hamilton2_gallery__600x400.jpg

hamilton11_gallery__312x400.jpg

wtf? i need to see a video...

senna to williams is from brazilian radio, apparently he's packing $25m worth of sponsorship money.

Chris R

Edmond Dantès;33683516 said:
We seem to have lost one of F1GAF, anyone know why Myoclonic Jerk was banned?

He made a thread stating that a derogatory term for a homosexual person stole his iPod and purchased Justin Beiber songs with it.

Ark

Didn't Evilore post a few months ago something about derogatory words in thread titles being against the rules due to a new deal with Google ads or something? I don't remember.

Edmond Dantès;33695051 said:
I think so.

On topic:

Ferrari sacrificed pace for good of F1

http://en.espnf1.com/ferrari/motorsport/story/67027.html?CMP=OTC-RSS

Interesting opinion from Luca.

What a headline, I expected something else than this.

During a Christmas lunch on Thursday, Montezemolo said that Ferrari, in agreeing to return to lift the restriction, had sacrificed its own performance to avoid a potentially damaging political struggle with the other teams.

"Situations like the one in Silverstone must not happen again, when the rules changed three times over the course of a grand prix weekend," he said. "On that occasion, Ferrari decided to sacrifice its own interests to avoid a fall out that would have damaged Formula One, with all the accompanying comments that we did not want the agreement because we were not competitive…However, there were some who preferred to only think of their own interests."

Since the end of the season Ferrari has left the Formula One Teams' Association (FOTA) and, although he is willing to continue to work with the other teams, Montezemolo said it was instances like Silverstone that had triggered the decision.

"We have left FOTA of our own accord and without consulting anyone else, because we were tired of the compromises dragging it down," he explained. "And let's be clear, if one is part of a club then everyone has to respect its rules, otherwise what's the point? However, I still believe that we can have a common vision between the biggest teams when it comes to the future and I will push to the maximum to seek out common objectives. All we want are clear rules and interpretations."

I'm wondering if maybe I should remove Myoclonic Jerks comments from the OP.

Because he's a jerk and got banned for that? I don't now. Just because he can't express himself in a way that is appropriate for GAF, it doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid anymore. Unless you're offended by it.

Xun

Because he's a jerk and got banned for that? I don't now. Just because he can't express himself in a way that is appropriate for GAF, it doesn't mean his opinion isn't valid anymore. Unless you're offended by it.
It's pretty obvious he didn't mean the term in a literal sense, hence why I think it's a tad harsh permanently banning him.

Also he's from the UK right? The word over here has a different meaning, and it wouldn't surprise me if he simply didn't know of the US definition behind it.

Yen

It's pretty obvious he didn't mean the term in a literal sense, hence why I think it's a tad harsh permanently banning him.

Also he's from the UK right? The word over here has a different meaning, and it wouldn't surprise me if he simply didn't know of the US definition behind it.
In the UK, it's an offensive word for gay person. Is it not the same in America?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom