• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Formula 1 2011/2012 Off-Season Thread |OT| The Year of the Red Bull

Status
Not open for further replies.

Xun

In the UK, it's an offensive word for gay person. Is it not the same in America?
It has different meanings here in the UK.

I've mostly heard it used to describe cigarettes, and not offensively towards gays.

The word as something offensive came from America and I can see why it would be easy for someone to not realise this.

Fag is slang for cigarette, faggot most definitely still has the gay connotations here.

He was mad and I'm not branding him a homophobe, but you can't say faggot without realising the meaning of it.

Why? I'm not branding anyone with that word, I'm just discussing it.

Being afraid to say the word is stupid. The rule is there to prevent members being insulted, we're just discussing how he used the word.

Xun

Why? I'm not branding anyone with that word, I'm just discussing it.

Being afraid to say the word is stupid. The rule is there to prevent members being insulted, we're just discussing how he used the word.
I know it's common sense to think like this, but you never can tell with the rules on GAF.

Nah if anyone were to read this in context it'd be fine. Mods are good about that type of thing.

Besides, I feel like the only law in this thread is Leunam :p It's been a longggg time since I've seen a red name in an F1 thread!

Nah if anyone were to read this in context it'd be fine. Mods are good about that type of thing.

Besides, I feel like the only law in this thread is Leunam :p It's been a longggg time since I've seen a red name in an F1 thread!

I don't think you'll find (m)any red names in the "who listed" list of the old thread.

tumblr_lr7vpffKIB1qgrm4bo1_500.jpg

Hey hey hey!

Last I checked this was an F1 thread! :p

That stupid thread was created by my stupid 14 yo nephew.. poor guy got his iTunes account hacked and his contact name was changed to Betty Boop lol..

I've asked the mods to delete that disgusting thread..

back to F1..

When is the Iceman testing the 2009 car?

Dead Man

Hey hey hey!

Last I checked this was an F1 thread! :p

That stupid thread was created by my stupid 14 yo nephew.. poor guy got his iTunes account hacked and his contact name was changed to Betty Boop lol..

I've asked the mods to delete that disgusting thread..

back to F1..

When is the Iceman testing the 2009 car?

LOL, glad you're back.

Adamm

Anyone seen the new sky sports ad for '2012' shows martin brundle walking between 2 force indias as they drive round the corner. I assume its fake, but still looks awesome.

Cant find a video on youtube though :(

It's a Christmas miracle. :'D

Welcome back dude.

I'll be damned if I haven't heard that used a million times before ;)

Welcome back all the same.

Now you've heard it a million and one :)

LOL, glad you're back.

Glad to be back as well ;)

Anyone seen the new sky sports ad for '2012' shows martin brundle walking between 2 force indias as they drive round the corner. I assume its fake, but still looks awesome.

Cant find a video on youtube though :(

What baffles me is that no youtube for the Gala highlights yet!!! I started doubting that they've made one for this year

Haha, same. It's a shame that only now I realize how great those 4 seasons (2005-2008) were. Not like 2010 was really bad, but damn.

True. I think we were lucky to have watched and lived through those seasons, especially 2007/2008 where the last corner almost literally decided the championship

Well, now the Iceman is back and all I hope for is a podium capable car so we can see some action

Pterion

Senna made me cry for 2 minutes straight. Powerful stuff. Never really knew him as I started watching F1 regularly in 1999, but man, what a legend.

How exciting.. thanks for the heads up, I'll work on it tonight.. its 7am *yawns*

Senna made me cry for 2 minutes straight. Powerful stuff. Never really knew him as I started watching F1 regularly in 1999, but man, what a legend.

oh tell me about it.. I weeped like a little girl when
he was trying to lift the trophy in Brasil
and again when
I saw prost in the funeral and carrying his coffin

I urge everyone to watch the extended version if you haven't watched the movie and re-watch if you have watched the theatrical version

kharma45

oh tell me about it.. I weeped like a little girl when
he was trying to lift the trophy in Brasil
and again when
I saw prost in the funeral and carrying his coffin

I urge everyone to watch the extended version if you haven't watched the movie and re-watch if you have watched the theatrical version

I never got a chance to see it in the cinema but my gf got me it on Blu-ray for Christmas so hopefully I'll get to watch it soon. Can't wait.

Edmond Dantès;33734939 said:

Same to yooou :D .. Merry Christmas all

I never got a chance to see it in the cinema but my gf got me it on Blu-ray for Christmas so hopefully I'll get to watch it soon. Can't wait.

I've got the Bluray CE as well.. watch the extended edition, the theatrical edition doesn't show the interviews, and it also omits a lot of amazing stuff that Prost says.. the extended edition has more documentary feel into it

No Wikipedia or books, but still as humbling as ever.

Didn't know it gave u the results immediately *blush* .. I'll take the quiz

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom