• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

wijwzm.gif

Best part about the Jade Raymond mishap.

can someone fill me in on this?

i missed the show btw.

Vire

Fuck Jim Sterling, the man sits in front a green screen every week and yells at a camera. Geoff at least tried to do something ambitious, was it flawed? Of course.

Did I enjoy parts of it? Sure. Was the incessant Battlefront advertising obnoxious? Sure.

Plywood

NeoGAF's smiling token!
Thanks for taking the time to reply, but completely not answer my question. From the scraps provided, I'm guessing because she seemed high or something? Please elaborate if you're not busy giving another non-answer to a genuine question!
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EBx2BTYs6h8&feature=youtu.be

Context being Kiefer Sutherland who voiced Snake in MGSV was in the audience and had just accepted moments prior an award for MGSV on behalf of Kojima.

Wagram

So many great reactions. I particularly like how everyone else is clapping like they couldn't give two shits about whatever just happened.

Well I would be confused too if someone said an actresses name and then said The Witcher 3, especially if said actress was not in Witcher 3.

Surface of Me

I'm not an NPC. And neither are we.
Yeah, is he pouting because he wasn't put forward for Trending Gamer or something? Don't see what the beef is, this is old news, Jim.

--

All this 'lol Raymond drunk af' comments seem really weird, like a creepy ass vibe. She was nervous on stage and you're picking apart everything she did. And then the card was wrong so she read that out instead? She knew it was wrong when she said it, that's why she looked back to the stage and said 'What?' Like damn, internet is creepy as fuck when women are concerned. No wonder after the Assassins Creed days she went away for a while. She comes back into the spotlight for 5 minutes and she's dissected in every detail, damn.

I see the word creepy has lost all meaning.

Finalow

did anyone win one million DOLLARS from ESO yet?

I tried to login with 12 different accounts but no luck so far

maybe I need Go90

Nerokis

Award shows are rarely amazing television, but I think Geoff did a pretty good job. A few fun spontaneous moments, some proper celebration of the industry, and a decent look at upcoming games. The world premiers weren't mind blowing, but were cool to see, and the focus on generating hype gets pretty old after awhile anyway.

The Iwata and Westwood Studios tributes, the Konami call out, and Witcher 3 winning GOTY were the best moments for me. In general, I can't think of a single game (putting aside the misconceived Best Mobile/Handheld Game category) that got undue recognition. Bloodborne and Undertale deserved more than a stack of nominations, but a single award show can't account for such an amazing year.

ZangBa

I thought it was pretty decent overall, besides the music. Jade was definitely the highpoint for me, so funny.

Nintendo fans need to chill out, and Jim Sterling is a miserable person.

wildfire

Banned
Guy from CDPR.

So basically it was the award for Best Performance being read by Jade Raymond, and she said the winner was the actress from Her Story, then said the Witcher 3, making it sound like she was in the Witcher 3.

So that Witcher 3 guy is like supremely confused as to what is happening. And you can see the woman in front of him (the actress from Her Story who just won the award), lean back in surprise too because they don't understand what's happened.

Jade never said Her Story. She said Witcher 3 and she did it in a questioning way which implies the card was written incorrectly.

whoaduh

Well I would be confused too if someone said an actresses name and then said The Witcher 3, especially if said actress was not in Witcher 3.

The people clapping don't seem confused though which is funny. They're more like "She stopped saying words. Time to clap again."

Kinsei

Banned
Overall I thought this was better than last years. The world premieres weren't as good (but fuck yeah Psychonauts!), but the show itself was a nice improvement IMO.

Fuck Jim Sterling, the man sits in front a green screen every week and yells at a camera. Geoff at least tried to do something ambitious, was it flawed? Of course.

Did I enjoy parts of it? Sure. Was the incessant Battlefront advertising obnoxious? Sure.

not sure you're very clued in on Jim's brand.

Amedo310

can someone fill me in on this?

i missed the show btw.

The guy in the gif is a developer for Witcher 3. This gif happens when the presenter, Jade Raymond(?) presents the award from best performer(?) and she gets the performer and the game mixed up. The award was for a actress for the game called "Her Story", who is sitting right in front of the W3 developer, but Jade calls the same actress for W3 and the developer is like "WTF she is not in my game!".

Girlfriend and I watched the show via Twitch on my Xbox One. I really enjoyed it this year and thought it was the best show yet. I'm also happy at how long the Iwata tribute was. I hope Geoff puts together another show for next year.

Zeth

After watching the Jade Raymond segment again I'm thinking the envelope actually said "Viva Seifert - The Witcher 3". Jade's reaction was even like "The Witcher 3?". I think she's simply like Ron Burgundy and will read word for word whatever is in front of her. lol. So I think that part was probably not entirely her fault.

Spoiler alert: she also didn't write the Hayter joke in all likelihood lol. That's generally not the presenter's job so it was weird seeing people react to her specifically.

Top Bottom