• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Game Awards 2015 Thread: Keighley's Last Supper

CVWlNmXXIAIlrh8.jpg:large

Noooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooooo

Dominator

Jim makes fun of the show, then claims he didn't watch the show, and is now shilling a stream of him playing Rainbow Six that people can now watch not that "all that Game Awards shite is over".

Nice, Jim. Sounds salty as FUCK.

Honestly the Hayter comment wouldn't have been so bad if she didn't say "that was mean"
It would've sounded more like honoring Hayter than dissing Keifer

danm999

Jade never said Her Story. She said Witcher 3 and she did it in a questioning way which implies the card was written incorrectly.

I didn't say she said Her Story, I said she said the actress from Her Story (Viva Seifert) then the Witcher 3. That left them all confused.

zoozilla

I think Geoff is a great guy and it's obvious that he loves the game industry, but maybe The Game Awards would benefit if someone else took over hosting duties.

I think he's got too much of a personal stake in the whole thing - it always looks like the world's on his shoulders, and it probably feels that way to him. And it's possible that I'm projecting here, but sometimes he seems disappointed with his own show as he's presenting it. There's something apologetic about his behavior, like he knows the show is not quite as good as it could be.

And I bet a lot of the people around him - the celebrities, the musical acts, etc. - don't take the awards as seriously as he does, which must be frustrating. People still see the Game Awards as a dumb, Spike TV parody of "real" award shows, and that's gotta be hard for someone who wants to make something better but still has to rely on heavy advertising for support.

I have a lot of sympathy for the Keighley.

RE_Player

Lost a bit of respect for Jim with those tweets.
He comes across as a bitter guy. His schtick is getting old and honestly he is doing more harm than good for the industry with that kind of behaviour.

Mad respect for Geoff this year. Each year there is improvement but this one was in a different league than previous years. No other person is undertaking this job for the game industry and for Geoff to put this much effort and stick with this thing is really impressive. We should all be applauding the progress he has made with this show.

Arkeband

Banned
Yeah Jim is being a bit of an asshole here.
And I'm a huge Jim fan, I'm a patreon sub.
I'm not sure why he is doing this.

This is the same guy fishing for views by having a public feud with a clearly unstable person.

I don't know why you'd hold Jim to some high ethical standard, whatever gets quick retweets = more visibility = $$$.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
He's put on there to fill pat out the list and attract viewers with his stardom. It's a pretty shitty thing to do.

Yeah, I feel bad for him, he was so awesome.

So devastated he just might have to tackle someone.

Or a Christmas tree!

Amazing. Kyle's already losing before the bets are even done!

What is up with that old shit? Geoff was one of the good guys tonight with the digs at Konami.

How would he know? He didn't watch it!

valeo

What the fuck? Where did that come from? Keighley is one of the longest standing, most sincere people in the business. Not to mention one of the hardest working. Easy to throw stones when the extent of your ambitions is a weekly soapbox show on a green screen funded by your patreon.

Jim Sterling is real petty.

ryseing

What is the story behind the Kyle Bosman Bud Light Pope?

Kyle did some awful "Level Up" commercials sponsored by Bud Light. It was cringeworthy and wonderful at the same time.

What was the name of the song chvrches preformed? Liked it a lot!

Leave a Trace. If you liked it, luckily for you there's like seven better songs on the album.

All this 'lol Raymond drunk af' comments seem really weird, like a creepy ass vibe. She was nervous on stage and you're picking apart everything she did. And then the card was wrong so she read that out instead? She knew it was wrong when she said it, that's why she looked back to the stage and said 'What?' Like damn, internet is creepy as fuck when women are concerned. No wonder after the Assassins Creed days she went away for a while. She comes back into the spotlight for 5 minutes and she's dissected in every detail, damn.

Women (particularly Ms. Raymond) and the Internet have some problems, but a drunk presenter who fucks up is going to get mocked, no matter the gender.

HardRojo

Couldn't catch 2/3 of the show thanks to my shitty ISP, which has been giving me problems for the last 5 days. What's Sterling's problem? I don't get it, and bringing up Tweets from 3 years ago lol.

What's up with Jade Raymond? Was that staged or what? Totally unnecessary, if she was trying to be funny, her delivery was simply terrible.

Good on Geoff for calling out Konami on their bullshit.

Visceir

Liked Greg's speech too -- passionate and directed at the right people instead of just a boring "thanks couldnt have done it without my fans!"

I think Geoff is a great guy and it's obvious that he loves the game industry, but maybe The Game Awards would benefit if someone else took over hosting duties.

I think he's got too much of a personal stake in the whole thing - it always looks like the world's on his shoulders, and it probably feels that way to him. And it's possible that I'm projecting here, but sometimes he seems disappointed with his own show as he's presenting it. There's something apologetic about his behavior, like he knows the show is not quite as good as it could be.

And I bet a lot of the people around him - the celebrities, the musical acts, etc. - don't take the awards as seriously as he does, which must be frustrating. People still see the Game Awards as a dumb, Spike TV parody of "real" award shows, and that's gotta be hard for someone who wants to make something better but still has to rely on heavy advertising for support.

I have a lot of sympathy for the Keighley.

Hey Geoff, I'll help you with the show next year. I'll have my MBA by then, and this could be a cool opportunity for an internship.

I'd make a baller co-host.

border

Even knowing that Sutherland was a guest, Keighley more than likely knew about and OK'ed the David Hayter joke, so I don't see what's wrong with Sterling taking a little jab at him.

If you can't take the heat, get out of the kitchen.

Hupsel

Jim just wants attention, like the one we are giving to him now. He just posts these things to look cool and some followers just find it funny because, oh well, I guess they are young and think it's "cool" to don't like something and point fingers and laugh.

D

Deleted member 80556

Unconfirmed Member
I gotta say though - everyone commenting on Sutherland like Jade cut him deep or something like he hasn't heard a metric FUCKTON of hate over his role as Snake already.

Like he gives a shit. Just smelting that trophy down into a sherlock and finding Hamill so they can bluntman the fuck outta the back room.

Also, like he cared being there. He said his lines preeeeetty quick. I remember him on stage last year, and he seemed to care a little more than he did this year.

Qvoth

just quickly browsed through the winners, bloodborne isn't even nominated for best score/soundtrack? LOL
mkx winning best fighting game? LOL
no man's sky most anticipated game? LOL

Top Bottom