• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Halo Infinite (campaign) Metascore prediction thread...

What's your Halo Infinite Metascore prediction?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Dr Bass

Er.... yes?
A lot of the early impressions have been positive for the campaign so it's not going to be sub 70 at all. Plus this is Halo. Tent pole releases from any of the big players right now always seem to get good scores. It's just how the industry operates at the moment. But regardless, the impressions seem good so, it'll be high 80s/low 90s.

demonstr8

I wouldn't expect the reviews to be stellar otherwise Microsoft probably would have lifted the review embargo early but I could be wrong.

Handel

Expecting high 80s, can't be more then that due to the missing elements that will be added in later seasons but can't be judged in the package as of yet.

clarky

Gold Member
I wouldn't expect the reviews to be stellar otherwise Microsoft probably would have lifted the review embargo early but I could be wrong.
Nah this is early these days, day of release embargo's are when things ain't looking too hot. Some of the reviewers had had the game for a month, that's loads of time to sour on something if its not that great.

If 343 did with the campaign what they did with the multiplayer it should get into the 90's. It's score will probably get knocked around a lot though for lacking features at this weird launch, which isn't really a launch as much as it is a... launch taking place over the course of a year in pieces.

Well, not everything can be as «great»and «innovative» as the newest Ratchet&Clank game so I expect every «negative» aspect to be blown out of proportion just like no game not available on a PlayStation console , sans the occasional Nintendo game, has the right to be a GOTY contender.

the_master

92-93

Optimistic? Yes. But wouldn't that be awesome?

Amongst all the polemic and troubles, to have such a good game that would get an honest 92/93 would be a turning point for 343 and hope for the players.

So that is my bet.

Yoboman

Well, not everything can be as «great»and «innovative» as the newest Ratchet&Clank game so I expect every «negative» aspect to be blown out of proportion just like no game not available on a PlayStation console , sans the occasional Nintendo game, has the right to be a GOTY contender.
Lmfao imagine getting yourself permed over Ratchet and Clank 🤭

Banjo64

cumsessed
iLmj2MK.jpg

87 IMO. When are reviews live?
Do I win?

I’ll be shocked if it gets above an 85. Just doesn’t look all that amazing to me to warrant scores above that
Hard luck James.

Topher

Gold Member
87 is a great score. IGN and GameSpot game the game a 90.

86-87, a game has to get almost no mediocre scores to get a 90+ and theres too much room for error with semi-open world halo.

The eurogamer preview impression is gonna be how a lot of outlets feel about it. Especially if what they’ve shown so far is the brunt of the entire campaign. As it stands right now its gonna get docked points for outpost clearing being the majority of quest, lack of biome diversity, lackluster story , graphically last gen, and all the issues with the multiplayer playlist and progression.

The core halo shooter gameplay is what will save it
I was right

reksveks

Is it in the 90's? If so I stand corrected, that MS money and year long delay paid off.
I was quite interested how many games MS/Sony have published that got into the 90's on MC

Sony - Nothing
MS - Flight Sim (90)*, FH5 (92/91)

Sony - TLOU2 (93), Demon Souls (92)
MS - Ori Will of the Wisps (90/93), Flight Sim (91)*

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

Sony - GoW (94), Shadow of the Colossus (91), Astro Bot (90)
MS - FH4 (92)

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

Flight Sim is obviously a weird one cause it released twice on different platform.

NikuNashi

I was quite interested how many games MS/Sony have published that got into the 90's on MC

Sony - Nothing

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

MS - FH4 (92)

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

Flight Sim is obviously a weird one cause it released twice on different platform.
Also it's not a game, it's a sim 😁

Sony - Nothing

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

MS - FH4 (92)

Sony - Nothing
MS - Nothing

Sony wins 5:4 (Flight Sim only counts once). Not bad. Maybe add Nintendo.

reksveks

Sony wins 5:4 (Flight Sim only counts once). Not bad. Maybe add Nintendo
Yeah, I would only include flight sim once if I was totalling the years.

I might include Nintendo but might work on something else that includes this information.

Last edited:

JLB

Banned
Yup, 87. Got it right.

Comparing it with the other TGA GOTYs:

Ratchet and Clank: 88
RE Village: 84
Psychonauts 2: 87
Metroid Dread: 88
Deathloop: 88
It Takes Two: 89

Congratz to 343. Eager to play more Halo and hopefully the campaign is are enjoyable as the MP.

NikuNashi

Sims are a form/genre of games but moving on from your ignorance.
Moving onto what? Did that phrase make you feel intellectually superior? Flight Sim isn't a game, it's a sim, and you did nothing other than prove my point with your little meta score investigative research, MS struggles to make consistently high quality games (90+meta).

reksveks

Moving onto what? Did that phrase make you feel intellectually superior? Flight Sim isn't a game, it's a sim, and you did nothing other than prove my point with your little meta score investigative research, MS struggles to make consistently high quality games (90+meta).

Is Football Manager a game or a sim? What is GT7 or Sport? You act like games and 'sim' are mutually exclusive definitions. And why? Is it the intention of the software creator or the usage of the consumer?

Also my post was just to have a look at how many 90+ games, Sony produce relative to Microsoft. Its an arbitrary number so was wondering how relevant it is.

I would personally would use a metric looking the top 5 or 10% rated games published. I also suspect actually Sony will come out better using this metric.

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
I went for 87 because it was around what Far Cry 3 got, which while people might be sick if Far Cry now, they will forget that because it got painted over with Halo.

Last edited:
Yeah, I would only include flight sim once if I was totalling the years.

I might include Nintendo but might work on something else that includes this information.
Real quick for Nintendo:

2017: BotW, Mario Odyssey, (Mario Kart 8)
2018: SSB:U
2019: nothing
2020: Animal Crossing
2021: nothing

Turns out making 90+ games is kinda hard.

You need a hug bro? Lol. You intend on playing Halo or are you just here to salt up peoples fun?

NikuNashi

You need a hug bro? Lol. You intend on playing Halo or are you just here to salt up peoples fun?
This isn't an OT, just metacritic final predictions, I suspected in 80's and wasn't wrong. I hoped it would be 90's, I remember when Edge gave Halo a 10 and because of that I got an Xbox. But I don't think 343 are capable of truly great games.

Last edited:
Top Bottom