• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

'The Last of Us: Remastered' coming to PS4, July 2014, [1080p, targeting 60 fps]

Does anyone know if they've said anything about taking advantage of the DS4 controller like using the touch pad or internal speaker? The clicking sound would mesh so well coming from the controller.

Evil Beaver

Grounded: For the toughest of the hardcore. Supplies are next to non-existent. Game hints, prompts, and Listening Mode are disabled. All enemies do triple damage. The HUD is disabled. Enemy AI is extremely sharp, more so than survivor.

mD8muOV.jpg

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
Does anyone know if they've said anything about taking advantage of the DS4 controller like using the touch pad or internal speaker? The clicking sound would mesh so well coming from the controller.
The clicker sound in the speaker would ruin your ability to track them based on sound.

StuBurns

Banned
It's funny, in the same interview they said they were changing nothing, they mentioned they were still considering what to do with the DS4 controller stuff.

I hope it's all ignored, gimmicky trash.

hawk2025

If I beat Gears of War on Insane with little difficult for all 4 games what difficulty should I start last of us at? I know they are different but people who know gears know how punishing insane is. So how punishing is this game?

Start on Hard.

You don't want to get stuck with no supplies and get a frustrating experience on your first playthrough.

Don't use Gears as a reference point, either. This will be a recipe for disappointment.

Zornack

Grounded: For the toughest of the hardcore. Supplies are next to non-existent. Game hints,prompts, and Listening Mode are disabled. All enemies do triple damage. The HUD is disabled. Enemy AI is extremely sharp, more so than survivor.

Man Grounded sounds so brutal, I don't think my DS4 will survive all my rage quits :(

Yeah, I'm scared too. But you change the difficulty any time in game, right? I think I'll start on grounded and see if I can make it through.

Raptor

There is enough ammo to let's say if I want to unload a clip to some enemy just to see the hit reactions and animations and gore I can do so without worry of ammo right?

Im not saying playing it Uncharted style with lots of ammo and weapons but at least for one enemy once in a while :p

RoboPlato

I'd be in the dick
There is enough ammo to let's say if I want to unload a clip to some enemy just to see the hit reactions and animations and gore I can do so without worry of ammo right?

Im not saying playing it Uncharted style with lots of ammo and weapons but at least for one enemy once in a while :p
Not enough ammo to really do that but stuff like the upgraded shotguns will make a serious mess with a single shot.

quickwhips

Joke post referencing the completely serious (and idiot) statements made by Cyborg, who put his tail between his legs and ran like a pussy once it was confirmed that he is, in fact, full of shit. It's been a great thread...

He doubled down and didn't run and that is why he is the hero gaf deserves.

Shin-Ra

The light bar could default blue and turn white with the Flashlight on, flickering in sync with the flashlight.
The speaker could play world audio with increasing volume by proximity and Clicker echo location adapted to sound more like it's bouncing around.
The touch pad could control a new pointer-based horizontal UI layout for quick crafting and weapon selection.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Look at the insider Cyborgs posts. That is probably why... Also probably the reason Amy left ND is because she knew they would not be able to achieve 60fps with the remaster. She does not associate herself with amateur devs.

Amy has left ND? If this isn't true then surely a mod needs to do something about these people spreading FUD.

MY goal was to finish the MP before the remaster comes out but damn it's tough. I keep messing up on the -%100 challenge. No matter what I do I can't remember to use the right weapon or spot people.

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
Your sarcasm detector needs a good shake.

There is no way whatsoever to tell any more. Even those people making jokes are inadvertently adding to the problem ... and it needs to stop.

Because of the trolls, FUD spreaders and sarcastic posters, it's now becoming almost impossible to enjoy any PS exclusive thread.

Gurish

It depends on difficulty, Hard and above you cant waste it mindlessly, though i guess that at least on Hard you can fool around more, there is some breathing room there.

On normal if you search for supplies it can even become Uncharted if you want for most of the encounters, that's why if you want to really experience the game like it meant to be you should play on Hard without listen mode for your first playthrough, Normal (as in most AAA games today) is akin to Easy on Ps1-2 era.

Joke post referencing the completely serious (and idiot) statements made by Cyborg, who put his tail between his legs and ran like a pussy once it was confirmed that he is, in fact, full of shit. It's been a great thread...

Yeah I had to go a few pages back to see what was going on :)

Andrew.

Banned
Yeah, I'm scared too. But you change the difficulty any time in game, right? I think I'll start on grounded and see if I can make it through.

For a first timer, I say you won't. I've played through the game well over a dozen times between Hard and Survivor. Went to Grounded and I just couldn't make it. Got about halfway before I threw in the towel. I mean, if you have the time (and most importantly patience) by all means give it a shot and rock on, but the degree of the difficulty and frustration that can and probably will ensue could possibly really tarnish your thoughts on the game as a first time experience.

It's a mode that, to me, is made for players that know the game backwards and forwards thus knowing how to approach each and every situation no matter what. Even then, it's a massive kick to the balls/ovaries.

murgo

Fuck, a dozen playthroughs and you threw the towel.. now I'm even more scared of Grounded mode. I hope it won't be necessary for the plat.

Raptor

It depends on difficulty, Hard and above you cant waste it mindlessly, though i guess that at least on Hard you can fool around more, there is some breathing room there.

On normal if you search for supplies it can even become Uncharted if you want for most of the encounters, that's why if you want to really experience the game like it meant to be you should play on Hard without listen mode for your first playthrough, Normal (as in most AAA games today) is akin to Easy on Ps1-2 era.

Sounds really good, like palying as is meant to be on hard listen mode off and after if I want to mess around killing like a maniac I can play on normal.

:p

For a first timer, I say you won't. I've played through the game well over a dozen times between Hard and Survivor. Went to Grounded and I just couldn't make it. Got about halfway before I threw in the towel. I mean, if you have the time (and most importantly patience) by all means give it a shot and rock on, but the degree of the difficulty and frustration that can and probably will ensue could possibly really tarnish your thoughts on the game as a first time experience.

This. You want a challenge, but you don't want it to be so difficult that your first memories of the story mode when asked to recall them are of fits of rage at not being able to do a certain section.

Experience the game first, then worry about persuing sadistic challenges afterwards :p

GribbleGrunger

Dreams in Digital
This. You want a challenge, but you don't want it to be so difficult that your first memories of the story mode when asked to recall them are of fits of rage at not being able to do a certain section.

Experience the game first, then worry about persuing sadistic challenges afterwards :p

Take this advice. I would play it on Normal first just so that you can savour the overall balance between story and gameplay, then go for the burn.

I'd love if we could have the option to set the AI to the max but without the "triple damage" and "HUD disabled" stuff. This way we can better appreciate the AI and have fun at the same time.

Andrew.

Banned
It's the end of the world/apocalypse. You're wandering around scavenging. Does it make more sense to find a box of 12 rounds of 9mm ammo or a box of 4 lying around?

If the lower number makes more sense to you then start on Hard.

funkypie

Banned
So it is confirmed finally then that the EU version MP will be censored again (thanks germany). I will go with the US version.

Melchiah

So it is confirmed finally then that the EU version MP will be censored again (thanks germany). I will go with the US version.

Eventhough I'm not going to play the MP this time either, this pisses me off purely on principle. Why should the rest of Europe have to settle with a censored version just because of one country? I'm also worried this will spread into the single player campaigns at some point. There's already a precedent in Beyond: Two Souls.

Truant

I'm pretty sure the SP was cencored as well. Check out the Giant Bomb QL where they nailbomb a guy. Cloud of blood and gore. I never saw anything like that in the EU version (Nordic).

Melchiah

I'm pretty sure the SP was cencored as well. Check out the Giant Bomb QL where they nailbomb a guy. Cloud of blood and gore. I never saw anything like that in the EU version (Nordic).

Wut?! If this is true, I'm going to have to buy the US version. =/

StuBurns

Banned
Nailbombs cause blood clouds in the UK version I'm pretty sure, not sure about 'gore'. I'm surprised anyone feels slighted by some sort of lack of violence, it's probably the most violent game I've ever played.

Listen to these people. Play on Normal, or Hard if you consider yourself quite skilled. See what the game is about and enjoy the experience. I wouldn't go near Survivor or Grounded until you've beaten it already.

benny_a

extra source of jiggaflops
I played it on Normal with Listen Mode disabled. Was a great experience because the transition from sneaky gameplay to being spotted to barely making it was the best part of the game for me.

Could probably bump it up to hard if you wanted everything to feel even more scarce than it already does without losing the above. Can't vouch for it though.

Dunkers92

Eventhough I'm not going to play the MP this time either, this pisses me off purely on principle. Why should the rest of Europe have to settle with a censored version just because of one country? I'm also worried this will spread into the single player campaigns at some point. There's already a precedent in Beyond: Two Souls.

What was censored in Beyond?

OneUh8

I really need this game like now. Right now would be the perfect time! I am pretty much done with Watch Dogs. I guess I could finally get Wolfenstein..

DieH@rd

Banned
My first playthrough on PS4 will be Hard + No Listen Mode. On PS3 I finished it on Normal, and I had the blast [although toward the end I had lots of ammo].

Shin-Ra

You can also shoot off human limbs and heads/faces with a powerful weapon in the UK PS3 version. Both on live and dead targets.

edit: and shoot open stomachs. All in single player.

Stomp and smash off the softened heads of infected as well.

SP is not censored for sure in the UK PS3 version, it's only the MP that was censored.

Top Bottom