• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tears of the Kingdom New TV Ad Released

daveonezero

Banned
hyped. honestly I heard a critique of this game and it might ruin BotW. I started playing it again the other day and I was done after 5 minutes.

I'm just gonna wait and play this.

Robb

Gold Member
Looks awesome, as usual.

Love seeing Gleeok back, that’ll be a fun fight. Interesting it’s specified as “Flame Gleeok” though, I guess there’ll be multiple variants.

Woopah

Some cool new footage there, including underground exploration hopefully.

Last edited:

Trunx81

Falling down a small path hits so much home ..

I do miss the 90s Zelda commercials, though. The power is in your hand!

Interfectum

If videogame developers took pride in the amazing toys they make instead of sucking the dick of the film industry, we'd have much better games released every year.
It's why Nintendo games are evergreen and most are not. Nintendo is making Rubik's Cubes over and over again while others are tripping over themselves to make interactive movies where you can maybe stomach the narrative once or twice.

L*][*N*K

Banned
This is gonna be so much fun, I really hope they left a lot of things for us to discover like they did with Breath of the Wild

ADiTAR

ידע זה כוח
Not a great ad, also don't get why not use the amazing epic Zelda music. I see others that sell the game itself.

Kataploom

Gold Member
So you can put a light flower into an arrow, shoot the arrow to a wall and make the flower into a wall lantern... Can't believe the level of creativity Nintendo put in their games, it's just unbeatable, and some saying Zelda is more popular than Final Fantasy because "it plays it safe" lol.

I don't think I'm getting it at launch, but definitely will some time after.

A game that actually celebrates about being gamy and I fucking love it.
If videogame developers took pride in the amazing toys they make instead of sucking the dick of the film industry, we'd have much better games released every year.
GG... I like my games "game-y", with HUDs, weird mechanics, player agency and so on. If game producers stopped being ashamed of games being games, better games on average with way lower budgets would be made each year.

An example of that is Doom 2016, I loved it being classy gaming, with colored doors + key pairs, clicky sound effects, random discoveries that didn't have to make "in-universe sense", etc.

This is gonna be so much fun, I really hope they left a lot of things for us to discover like they did with Breath of the Wild
People were complaining about getting "too much info and footage" of Zelda BOTW right before it come out just to be discovering more and more unseen stuff 6 years after launch, there's like a periodical "50+ more things you still didn't know about BOTW" every now and then.

Codes 208

As much as i generally hate pop songs added in for the sake of it, i definitely prefer the botw believer ad over this. Had more hype

Top Bottom