• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Chase17

Not really, because that is the dumbest reason ever. He disguised his appearance to look almost exactly the same? "Oh, and yeah, we have no clue who the other 2 dudes are." So freakin' dumb

The hoops the developers have to jump through for a stupid timeline...

I think it is interesting because I thought the joke of the game (although I haven't played it yet) was that you were just someone who looks like the hero. I'd want to know why the developers would want to tie the games together like that.

Nanashrew

Banned
It's a dumb thing for the fans that barely makes sense

It's easy to disguise yourself in anime. All they have to do is change their hair color or wear glasses and a hat to not be found out by paparazzi or whatever. Common trope, heck Fire Emblem disguises were just cloaks.

Chase17

It's easy to disguise yourself in anime. All they have to do is change their hair color or wear glasses and a hat to not be found out by paparazzi or whatever. Common trope, heck Fire Emblem disguises were just cloaks.

Haha I forgot about that. So funny. Clark Kent/Superman situation here.

I like how Okami does disguises.

Tusk

The sentai costume is unlocked through local play? Ughh. Gonna be a little tedious, but I need that costume.

I'm excited to play this tonight. Wanted to try the demo, but felt going in dark would be more fun.

Diortem7

Not really, because that is the dumbest reason ever. He disguised his appearance to look almost exactly the same? "Oh, and yeah, we have no clue who the other 2 dudes are." So freakin' dumb

The hoops the developers have to jump through for a stupid timeline...

I think it's really dumb too. I'm not really a fan of the timeline stuff, though.

Personally, I think it would have been better/funnier if the pink-haired guy who is rejected actually turns out to be the true hero and somehow saves the day at the very end.

maxcriden

Yay it came!! Thank you Best Buy! 😁

IMG_20151022_193944923.jpg

ss-hikaru

So from my understanding only online play is region locked? So if I bought the Japanese version could I play local with my brother who has the Australia/EU version?

Was thinking of buying Japanese version so I could play online with my friend who lives in Japan (who has a US and a JP 3DS. I have an AU and a JP 3DS). Does anyone know if online play is also IP locked?

For all the Aussies, I believe the game is $47 at Target. I was gonna get it but now I don't know which region to buy it in >.>

Mr-Joker

Banned
So I am playing stage 3 of the Secret Fortress in single player mode, the last section is impossible to do on your own and I refuse to skip it.

Wish that Nintendo didn't focus too heavily on multiplayer.

Rebel Leader

THE POWER OF BUTTERSCOTCH BOTTOMS
Surprised not to see a google spreadsheet for friend codes

So from my understanding only online play is region locked? So if I bought the Japanese version could I play local with my brother who has the Australia/EU version?

Was thinking of buying Japanese version so I could play online with my friend who lives in Japan (who has a US and a JP 3DS. I have an AU and a JP 3DS). Does anyone know if online play is also IP locked?

For all the Aussies, I believe the game is $47 at Target. I was gonna get it but now I don't know which region to buy it in >.>

IIRC someone tried the same thing with the demo and it didn't work
Hey an adventure joined me! Hi Bugaboo!

Edit: Bugaboo and I are getting restless....

Find the music ball?

maxcriden

Ok! I played two courses. Both were very fun. As I suspected, I love the emojis. It does feel like the game will be over pretty fast, but presumably there will be good replay value with the challenges. Also, gut feelings aren't fact of course, so I could be way off base.

P.S. Rebel Leader, I did find the music ball and it's so fun. Thanks man!

(Wow, it's amazing how many great Zelda tunes are in that minigame!)

Mr-Joker

Banned
Got pass stage 3 of the Secret Fortress in single player mode, I was over thinking it and thought you need to use all 3 Links when 2 was just enough.

B00TE

Preloaded and ready to do some download play with friends tonight. I had a blast during the online demo times.

Stuck at 7-3 online last night, should beat the game tonight. I found the mysterious code two days ago, but still no one can figure it out.

Berordn

Is this releasing digitally at midnight? Kinda tempted to start downloading it for tomorrow if it is.

Edit: oh it's been up for preload for like a week and it is unlocking at midnight. alright then.

Shikamaru Ninja

任天堂 の 忍者
The developer is more like Nintendo EPD / Grezzo (with 1-Up Studio assisting). It was a collaborative effort, but Nintendo's Zelda team was the lead on the project clearly.

Jubern

Do we know for sure if Download Play also mandates 3 people?

I swear, the mandatory 3 people rule + region locking will bury this game. Why would you do that Nintendo?

Chase17

I think it should be best to do it in a spreadsheet style on google docs.

Each region gets their own spread sheet

Like so(quote to show):
North America

Europe

if people want to use them
Thanks for setting it up! I'll put in my friend code once I get on my 3ds. I think I'd have a better time with some on gaf than randoms.

YES FINALLY. Is there a friend code sharing spreadsheet up yet?

Also regarding Lilac Link being missing: unfortunately he is not one of the Goddesses' colours. =(

Each area of levels act as its own lobby so you won't get lumped with someone doing end game stuff.

And lastly now that there is an OT, just after 1st area spoiler (even if its in the OT):
Challenge Mode is awesome. Straight up CRYSTAL CHRONICLES MODE!

Also splits the Challenge Modes into their own too, so you won't bump into Less Hearts runs when you're trying to just play it for the first time. =)

Sounds awesome, but with so many searching options I hope it doesn't kill online. With the general cvew of this game to the public, and the bad reviews I have a bad feeling this will bomb which is a shame since from the demo I think it may end up being one of the best games ever. So fun. (And with region locking it could be even harder to find matches down the line.)

Can't get this quite at launch but should have it first week of November. So I guess I'll be behind D:

I also will likely not have internet in December for awhile due to moving so I'll play lots in November! I'll be back when I get the game! :)

butalala

So if I wanted to play with a friend in the same room and another friend in another town, we could just exchange friend codes, make a lobby to play with friends and that would work, right?

This is way more confusing than it should be.

Berordn

So if I wanted to play with a friend in the same room and another friend in another town, we could just exchange friend codes, make a lobby to play with friends and that would work, right?

This is way more confusing than it should be.

Presumably, yes. The reality might be a bit different when you factor in NAT.

Watch Da Birdie

I buy cakes for myself on my birthday it's not weird lots of people do it I bet
Gamexplain has a video showing off a mysterious message found in the game (spoilers if you want to explore for it on your own). I wonder what it means!

Looks like braille to me.

Hoenn confirmed.

In all honestly, it kind of looks like some sort of map if you look at the spaces rather than the dots.

Cbajd5

Can I play with 1 friend online + 1 stranger?

According to the manual you can.

"If you cannot gather three people you can play with one friend and one unknown hero. Talk to the Match Master and choose the option to recruit an unknown hero."

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
...the music in this game is amazing.

[Edit] Man Madam Coutere's shop music was great enough, but stand in front of the mirror and it gets all this orchestral backing. I love it.

Also this game is so SILLY. It is unheard-of levels of silliness for Zelda, even. I feel like a lot of people are gonna miss out on a lot of charming stuff in this game cause of logistical issues/complaints.

greg400

Banned
Apparently Painting Link liked paint so much he put it in his hair

edit: beaten, of course

It's as if they woke up and cobbled together a timeline placement idea in 5 minutes. Can't really blame them at this point, the timeline was fucked the second they gave Link his green hat in Skyward Sword.

Berordn

Wow, singleplayer is godawful. Arena and online co-op is fun, except I keep getting disconnected right before the end in dungeons :(

Sorry, but what is NAT?

Network address translation.

Basically, your router will make your life harder than it needs to be most likely.

narton

According to the manual you can.

"If you cannot gather three people you can play with one friend and one unknown hero. Talk to the Match Master and choose the option to recruit an unknown hero."

Does this work in local multiplayer?

Top Bottom