• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
It's as if they woke up and cobbled together a timeline placement idea in 5 minutes. Can't really blame them at this point, the timeline was fucked the second they gave Link his green hat in Skyward Sword.

What's wrong with it? Just like Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask, this is a sidestory for the hero from the most recent full adventure. Seems about as perfect as it could be.

Unison

Finished the first world and loving the game thus far.... The limited communication seems like a bad thing until you actually use it to create a sense of teamwork, despite not hearing a voice or seeing a face. It's like playing Journey with actual gameplay.

greg400

Banned
What's wrong with it? Just like Link's Awakening and Majora's Mask, this is a sidestory for the hero from the most recent full adventure. Seems about as perfect as it could be.
They don't explain where the other Link's came from like they do in Four Swords Adventures and I guess the Link from LBW found hair dye? It's not important really, but if they're going to acknowledge the timeline at least make it more believable. I really think they just gave this timeline explanation to sell more people on LBW if they haven't played it yet.

XaosWolf

Bumped for prosperity.

Pink is too close to Fuschia/Purple. As such it is banned from Hytopia for being a non-heroic, heathen colour.

On a different note, I need some trustworthy heroes: 4682-8436-2576 | UK
(I'm on the spreadsheet too)

If you're just starting, Perfect. I am happy to run through the first area again spoiler free. =)

I'm having some terrible connection problems this morning. I hope it's not just me because I've played the some ice cavern four times now without completing it...

Vidiot

Apparently Painting Link liked paint so much he put it in his hair

CR9OtXCWwAIUCei.jpg

edit: beaten, of course

Just stupid BS in the hopes of getting people who liked ALBW to pick this up. Suddenly the Link from ALBW, who looked like ALTTP Link, looks exactly like Toon Link. Yeah, sorry not buying it.

octopiggy

I won't be able to play this until Monday but I enjoyed my time with the demo so I'm looking forward to it. I'll be looking for a couple of european heroes to aid me in my quest so I'll be sure to post here then.

TheMoon

If anybody wants to do the spreadsheet friend code thing feel free to do so. I'll post it in the OP but I'm not gonna do one myself.

Just stupid BS in the hopes of getting people who liked ALBW to pick this up. Suddenly the Link from ALBW, who looked like ALTTP Link, looks exactly like Toon Link. Yeah, sorry not buying it.

It's just an art style change, it can still be the same person. Ganondorf is always the same person and has changed appearance several times.

Were you expecting someone else without the game to get the full online epxerience with download play for free?
Yeah. Like in Luigi's Mansion.

Edit: to be fair, it's not like I particularly wanted to play online anyway, it's just the only way for two people to play, by having a third.

Joqu

No local+online mix and match kind of killed this for me. I'm not buying two carts so we can both play online next to each other.

Wait, what?? I was gonna try to get my sister into Zelda with this one! I thought 2 local players with a third online was confirmed? Did they seriously restrict this for download play?

Were you expecting someone else without the game to get the full online epxerience with download play for free?

As if a three player local experience would be inferior to an online one. I figured it was an obvious inclusion too...

:(

Hmm conflicted on getting either this or Mario maker. The demo for this game was really fun, but since I can't play with my friends (we all live in different cities so we can't meet up often, and none of them are getting the game so I can't play with them individually since download play and online don't mix) I'm kind of hesitant. There's a lot of quality levels out there for Mario maker now I can play through, I didn't want to get it initially since i knew initially most the levels would be crappy troll ones

Grizzo

Added myself to the European sheet! I'll add peole to my 3DS later on

Too bad Nintendo won't let us play with people from overseas, because there's only three people in the EU sheet... (including myself)

XaosWolf

Added myself to the European sheet! I'll add peole to my 3DS later on

Too bad Nintendo won't let us play with people from overseas, because there's only three people in the EU sheet... (including myself)

That sounds like a team to me. I've you and N1nJar off the spreadsheet.

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I like how they're no longer beholden to emulating LTTP with this engine, I've seen some pretty nice looking tree designs and stuff so far.

Andrin

Put my code up on the European spreadsheet and added those already there to my friend list. I'll be playing for most of the evening, so just add me back if you want to team up!

Zero_IYAD

Spent the last 3 hours playing it.
Love it so far.
Lag sometimes break the whole experience, but luckily it doesn't happen that often.
Finished the 1st world & a few random levels in the water world.
Love love loooveeee the OST!

The friend code sheets don't appear in the 1st comment btw, tried quoting but it's not there. It's in Rebel Leader's comment on the 2nd page tho.
.Added my code to the US sheet.
Please let me know if you add me so I add you back.
You can always find my friend code in my profile.

Will go back to the game once my system recharges.

JoeM86

Enjoying this, but barely touching it until my two best friends get it. One tonight, one annoyingly on Monday.

Though had a big whoops moment in one stage when I was at the bottom of a totem and accidentally fell down a hole

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Anyone know if you get friendship tokens just for getting a local player in a lobby, or do you need to play a level? Could get em off one-off friends if the former.

XaosWolf

Put my code up on the European spreadsheet and added those already there to my friend list. I'll be playing for most of the evening, so just add me back if you want to team up!

I've added you back! I've got a friend room setup if you wanna join.

I was playing a timed mission, and my teammates kept using a time consuming method to kill the enemies. I said NO over and over and over and they still wouldn't stop. I hope they blacklisted me so I'll never have to see them again ;//

Zero_IYAD

Oh, I asked this back in the demo topic & didn't get an answer.
Aren't we supposed to get a free theme with the eShop version of the game?

Chase17

I added Rebel, Gregtis, Zero, and Dad off the list. I'll probably be playing later this afternoon/night in case anyone one needs a semi competent teammate.

Timeaisis

Nice OT. I'll probably pick this up today because I'm a sucker for all things Zelda. I'm on US and will need some dudes to play with. ;)

Kanhir

Same here. I can't play at the moment, but I'm up for playing later!

sonto340

Bumped for prosperity.
I took it as a reference to ALLTP link because of the pink hair. Which makes it doubly hilarious that they won't let him in

I'm convinced the fact that this game is called Tri Force Heroes and not Triforce Heroes is significant

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
I'm convinced the fact that this game is called Tri Force Heroes and not Triforce Heroes is significant

I didn't even realize that was the name until I hit the home menu button and noticed the space. But I had noticed in the game proper earlier, they refer to the Links as the "Tri Force Heroes" quite a lot, I was like "he he you goofs oh they even named the game that huh how did I never notice that." Three legendary heroes will re-appear whenever there is trouble in Hytopia blah blah, the usual story.

Top Bottom