• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Legend of Zelda: Tri Force Heroes |OT| Purple Link just didn't stay fresh enough.

RedColumn

It was rather intense there a few times, yeah. Fancy a few battles in the coliseum when you get back?

We can try the battles... bu I still not have outfits, lets see if I can make one now... I also play one the coliseum... and doesnt look really fun :p

EDIT: at lest without outfits :)

Dad

Is the game worth buying or should I wait a month and get it from the library? I don't really care for multiplayer Zelda games.

The singleplayer borders on unplayable a lot of the time. If you don't see any value in the multiplayer, this probably isn't a game for you.

Nickle

Cool Facts: Game of War has been a hit since July 2013
The singleplayer borders on unplayable a lot of the time. If you don't see any value in the multiplayer, this probably isn't a game for you.
Thanks, I'll just get it from the library.

XaosWolf

It was rather intense there a few times, yeah. Fancy a few battles in the coliseum when you get back?

Once I'm fully back, sure. I'll likely die a bunch since I suck at VS stuff. =P

Yeah... we were not that right with the bombs XD

The platform with the wind up and down took a while as well :|

Oh geez, those platforms. Felt kinda dumb after seeing that the gust jars moved them. =|

How unplayable is unplayable? Like, is it just harder? I solo'd four swords and had fun with it, FWIW.

Dad

How unplayable is unplayable? Like, is it just harder? I solo'd four swords and had fun with it, FWIW.

I've never played Four Swords (or Adventures), but I tried the first world in this solo and found it more frustrating than fun. I can't even imagine trying the later worlds or challenges solo

Berordn

You know how in Four Sword Adventures and Four Swords Anniversary the other Link(s) would follow in formation and do a couple things autonomously?

That doesn't happen here.

Zero_IYAD

Okey, the mine is the hardest level so far xD
Thanks you guys :")

Lets clear the ice world for now.
I still have to finish the rest of the fire world tho, hope the boss isn't super hard ^^"

Andrin

Just opened an EU coliseum group. Should be fun!

So far it seems like the coliseum is the absolute best way to gather rare materials since every match is short and there's no need to go through one of the challenges for a chance at them.

DoT2

So is 2 player and 1 cpu a possibility? Or is this a game where 3 players are pretty much required to enjoy the game?

Berordn

So is 2 player and 1 cpu a possibility? Or is this a game where 3 players are pretty much required to enjoy the game?

The game doesn't even give you the choice. Your options are go it solo and control Link and two dummies, or play with three humans.

Yeah... I don't buy this story at all. You can argue that Oracle Link becomes Awakening Link from age, but not this. This is aging in reverse, which only makes sense going from Ocarina to Majora's Mask.

The_Afroman

Poor Purple.

nBlaYFJ.jpg

You know how in Four Sword Adventures and Four Swords Anniversary the other Link(s) would follow in formation and do a couple things autonomously?

That doesn't happen here.

Ah poop. Switching formation was awesome. Was looking something a little different between big games too.

Kadin

So...fun? Deciding whether or not to pick this up today or wait a bit.
This is what I'm wondering. Was all ready to buy it then a few of the lackluster reviews came in. I'll probably play it 70/30 solo versus multiplayer. It seems most had an issue with solo so that's where my dilemma comes from.

XaosWolf

This is what I'm wondering. Was all ready to buy it then a few of the lackluster reviews came in. I'll probably play it 70/30 solo versus multiplayer. It seems most had an issue with solo so that's where my dilemma comes from.

Solo is very difficult as well as time consuming. You control each Link individually, and the only form of group movement you can get is by toteming.

Multiplayer is definitely the way to go, unless you are up for a hell of a challenge.

So...fun? Deciding whether or not to pick this up today or wait a bit.
It's fun if you go Multi Player.

Otherwise, Single Player is very tedious since the other Links don't move along with you automatically like Four Swords. Even worse, switching Links is done by tapping one of them on the Touch Screen. It's as much of a chore as you think it is. They apparently even have a Skip button, so I figured it was obvious enough that Single Player was the last thing on their mind for this game.
Only play by yourself if you're in desperate need of a run and don't have wifi. I don't know what later levels are like yet, but I bet challenges are impossible to do.

Vidiot

What the hell kind of moron thought it was a good idea to not have the other Links follow in single player? Huge oversight, especially for a game like Zelda where every little thing is usually as tightly designed as possible!

Tathanen

Get Inside Her!
Well, I tried single player. Only played the first two maps but, really... enjoyed it? Is there something wrong with me? It's really easy to quickly switch between Links and use their different abilities, it's not too hard to move as a group since you can totem up, feels pretty fast and snappy all around. I dunno what to tell ya, guys.

Well, I tried single player. Only played the first two maps but, really... enjoyed it? Is there something wrong with me? It's really easy to quickly switch between Links and use their different abilities, it's not too hard to move as a group since you can totem up, feels pretty fast and snappy all around. I dunno what to tell ya, guys.

First 2 levels are a breeze though. Try the later ones

TheMoon

No, you're supposed to hate it.

You'll find it easy to do now, especially since there isn't much fast-paced thought, but later levels will begin to prove why Single Player is not the way to go.

maxcriden

Played through up to 2-3. Wow. Super fun. There was an emergency quit from a Hero in 2-4 but these things happen so no sweat. Got some good adventurers for these levels and its fun when a whole group wants to play multiple levels in a row. The levels definitely are becoming more complex as creative as they go on. The OST is just stellar, too.

Top Bottom