• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The OFFICIAL Spider-Man® 2 THREAD. REVIEWS. ALL SPIDEY-RELATED EVENTS. EVERYTHING.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Cloudy said:
Nah, I think they will use Jameson Jr. as the guy who brings the Venom thing to Earth. He is an astronaut after all. Maybe there will be no Brock and Jr. becomes Venom? Harry will be Hob Goblin for sure. Just like the old Fox cartoon (which owned BTW) :)

Harry becomes Green Goblin II. Hobgoblin was a completely different guy.

AniHawk

Cloudy said:
Nah, I think they will use Jameson Jr. as the guy who brings the Venom thing to Earth. He is an astronaut after all. Maybe there will be no Brock and Jr. becomes Venom? Harry will be Hob Goblin for sure. Just like the old Fox cartoon (which owned BTW) :)

The Fox cartoon was on Toon Disney last weekend for some odd reason. Saw three eps, but the last one introduced to us Madame Web. Man, she was an ANNOYING character.

Was she in the comics?

IIRC, the first hobgoblin was Kingley, something like that. He found the goblin potion, and used it without the insanity that Harry/Norman had. But he got as strong as Spider-man though.

Cloudy

Banned
Question. How/why does Harry go insane in the Spidey 2? He hadn't taken the green stuff yet so why would he be hearing voices?

aparisi2274

BuddyChrist83 said:
Ultimate Spiderman isn't a story arc, it's a series - a modern day retelling of Spiderman mythos.

Ok thats what I meant. I was interested in the whole mythos of Spiderman, but I didnt want the campy old versions. I wanted the new version, this Ultimate Spider-man mythos. So now is this re-telling ever gonna end? I would love to have like this big book and possibly another big book to read it all, instead of buying the comic every month.

aparisi2274 said:
Ok thats what I meant. I was interested in the whole mythos of Spiderman, but I didnt want the campy old versions. I wanted the new version, this Ultimate Spider-man mythos. So now is this re-telling ever gonna end? I would love to have like this big book and possibly another big book to read it all, instead of buying the comic every month.

You could buy the TPB. They come every 3 months approximately, and contain a lot of books per issue.

Cloudy said:
Question. How/why does Harry go insane in the Spidey 2? He hadn't taken the green stuff yet so why would he be hearing voices?

He was already f-ed up in the head about what happened to his dad, and now he just realized his best friend has been pretty much lying to him and is really Spiderman. Thats probably enough to drive you a little crazy. Plus, the fact that he seems to be on the sauce all the time can't help much either.

COCKLES

being watched
Perhaps they could put all the improbable villians in Spider 9 'Crumbs of Evil'.

I want to see that black guy who raced around robbing banks...I think he had shoes made of teflon or something that allowed him to skate around NY at superspeed.

Matlock

Banned
Rocket Racer is the one who you're thinking of. If they go with the cartoon, it'll be Robbie Robertson's son. If not, it'll be Robert Farrell, the comic book version.

AniHawk said:
The Fox cartoon was on Toon Disney last weekend for some odd reason. Saw three eps, but the last one introduced to us Madame Web. Man, she was an ANNOYING character.

Was she in the comics?

Yeah, she was.

I didn't like her in the cartoon either. Always rambling on about Spiderman's destiny and crap.

Got this from DarkHorizons.com

Spider-Man 3
E! Online has done a good compilation of the best rumours heard so far for the third "Spider-Man" film in a special column looking at the webslinger's attempts to make it onto the film and TV screens over the decades. Here's a quick summary to catch up on half a year's worth of talk:

· Planned release date is May 4, 2007
· Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are on board
· Harry Osborn might wear a lot of green
· Eliza Dushku is rumored to be the favorite to play 'Black Cat'
· Michael Chabon, David Koepp & Alfred Gough are listed as the writers
· John Jameson might come back from space with an extra passenger

AniHawk

· Planned release date is May 4, 2007
· Sam Raimi, Tobey Maguire and Kirsten Dunst are on board
· Harry Osborn might wear a lot of green
· Eliza Dushku is rumored to be the favorite to play 'Black Cat'
· Michael Chabon, David Koepp & Alfred Gough are listed as the writers
· John Jameson might come back from space with an extra passenger

Symbiote Spidey vs. GGII and later, Venom (unless it's at the end of the film)? + Black Cat?

Wow.

Dilbert

Just saw Spiderman 2 last night (yeah, I know, late to the party), and it ABSOLUTELY deserved all the hype that it's getting. Best superhero movie ever (and by the way, the first Superman movie isn't #2 on the list), and a damn good time for a date movie.

AniHawk

-jinx- said:
Just saw Spiderman 2 last night (yeah, I know, late to the party), and it ABSOLUTELY deserved all the hype that it's getting. Best superhero movie ever (and by the way, the first Superman movie isn't #2 on the list), and a damn good time for a date movie.

What is #2?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yeah, I'm interesting in seeing what #2 is on the list. Maybe it's SPIDER-MAN? Also, Spider-Man 2 is a good date movie. True story.

On a sidenote, I like Eliza Dushku as the Black Cat. Not just because she has the assets, but she has a the voice for the part.

lordmrw

Littleberu said:
IIRC, the first hobgoblin was Kingley, something like that. He found the goblin potion, and used it without the insanity that Harry/Norman had. But he got as strong as Spider-man though.

His name was Roderick Kingsley. There were actually 3 different Hobglobins. Kingsley was the first, Betty Brant's husband, Ned Leeds, was framed by Kingsley into being the Hobglobin in order to cover his tracks, and Jason Macendale was the third.

Willco

Hollywood Square
Yay! Spidey is the international icon for America!

Spider-Man 2 Up to $370.3 Million Worldwide!
Source: Variety
Monday, July 12, 2004

Variety has a new report on how Spider-Man 2 is doing at the international box office.

Sony's "Spider-Man 2" slung $50.9 million overseas from 6,723 prints in 50 territories over the weekend, lifting its 12-day international cume to $113.9 million - only $305 million from matching the foreign gross of the original even though most key European markets haven't yet opened including the U.K., Spain and France.

As for the blockbuster of the moment, the $50 million-plus weekend for "Spider-Man 2" repped the largest frame ever for a pic released by Columbia TriStar Film Distributors Intl. "I feel confident that we are going to beat the final gross for the original," said Mark Zucker, senior execexec veepveep of CTFDI.

"Spider-Man 2" led in its openings Japan, Germany, Scandinavia, Switzerland, Greece, South Africa, Jamaica and Kenya. Its $10 million take in Japan was the distrib's biggest ever; the $250,000 debut in Jamaica was the largest opener ever for that market.

Holdover business for the web-slinger stayed solid, with Argentine receipts off 13%, Brazil biz down 17%, Indonesia off 25%, and New Zealand and Venezuela both down 27%. "Spider-Man 2" has eclipsed the total cume of "Spider-Man""Spider-Man" in five territories -- Russia, where it needed six days to top the original; the Philippines with seven days; Turkey with 10 days; Thailand with 11 days; and Malaysia with 12 days.

The opening of "Spider-Man 2" won head-to-head over "Shrek 2" in Germany with $8.7 million at 781 screens compared with $6.9 million at 890 sites for the ogre sequel in its soph sesh.

Add the international $113.9 million to the sequel's $256.4 million domestic figure and you get a massive total of $370.3 million.

Saw Spiderman 2 (yesterday) THE SECOND TIME! I LOVE IT! An awesome movie!

One question:
Well, could Harry be the "Yellow Goblin" in Spiderman 3 or do you think he will be the Hobgoblin?

Willco

Hollywood Square
Mystifizor said:
Saw Spiderman 2 (yesterday) THE SECOND TIME! I LOVE IT! An awesome movie!

One question:
Well, could Harry be the "Yellow Goblin" in Spiderman 3 or do you think he will be the Hobgoblin?

Only Sam Raimi knows for sure!

I'm hoping an IMAX theatre within 2 hours of here will be showing Spider-Man 2 when its released for IMAX later this month. Anyone else going to see it on the IMAX screen?

Suerte

Opened in the UK as of midnight tonight and I saw it!

RAWKED.

And oh man, Tobey is teh hot o_O Especially when the Spidey costume is all ripped, rawr. HE CAN SHOOT HIS STICKY LIQUID AROUND ME ANYTIME, HUR HUR HUR.

bogg

Just got back from seeing it. It opened today (or yestarday) here is Israel.
FUCKIN AWESOME MOVIE!
I was just a bit dissapointed at the end with doc ock, alittle too corny imo. But damn awesome movie.
mmmm Kristen......

Solid

I saw it last week (Sweden). I loved it too. Best actionhero movie indeed. Nice to see Sony makes a little money on the movie as well :p

But I want Venom now... he's definitely my favorite villain.

Btw, how long was the movie? It feelt very long (in a good way).

And the fight on the roof, when aunt May is hangin on the wall, was so freaking awesome! Best sequence in the movie imo. Even better then the train fight, although that one was very cool too.

+1 for the funny things in the movie. I laughed more then twice :D

Can we expect a Deluxe/Limited Edition DVD later on? I bought Spider-Man Deluxe Edition last week and it was very cool. It would be nice with something like that for Spidey 2 too.

Willco

Hollywood Square
The movie was a bit over two hours by a couple of minutes. Not much difference than the original.

Sam Raimi said there are very few deleted scenes that might make their way onto a Spider-Man 2.5 DVD with some extras. At least, that's what Sony is planning.

The Spider-Man prints that Alex Ross did for the opening titles are finally on his website.

spidey7_lg.jpg

Great stuff.

www.alexrossart.com

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Oh I saw this friday but I didn't see this thread. I really loved it, there were so many funny parts that didn't even mean to be funny. And the fight scenes were excellent, it's about time somebody made a superhero movie with scenes that show the real speed and skill of superheroes.

Shinobi

AniHawk said:
I also thought Harry was Hobgoblin. Probably again due to the cartoon.

Harry was Green Goblin in the cartoon as well. Where the cartoon changed things was having Hobgoblin appear first, with Norman using that gear later on as Greenie.

Deepthroat said:
And the fight on the roof, when aunt May is hangin on the wall, was so freaking awesome! Best sequence in the movie imo. Even better then the train fight, although that one was very cool too.

Agreed...I was shocked at how cool, fast and intense that fight was. It pretty much spoiled me for the train fight.

Falch

I'll be seeing it tomorrow with some friends (my birthday). Can't wait, I was pleasantly suprised by the first one.

I've been seeing some old spiderman TAS episodes in anticipation. :D

bionic77

Late as hell to the party, but I just saw the movie last week. Wow, this movie was so good. Right up there with Superman and Batman. I hope they keep the same director for the 3rd movie.

AniHawk

bionic77 said:
Late as hell to the party, but I just saw the movie last week. Wow, this movie was so good. Right up there with Superman and Batman. I hope they keep the same director for the 3rd movie.

I heard he was fired. :(

Willco

Hollywood Square
What the hell crack are you guys on. Sam Raimi is not fired and is awesome. Spider-Man 3 will be back in three years with him at the helm. Right now he's working on the Spidey 3 story and Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and Evil Dead 4. Busy guy.

AniHawk

Willco said:
What the hell crack are you guys on. Sam Raimi is not fired and is awesome. Spider-Man 3 will be back in three years with him at the helm. Right now he's working on the Spidey 3 story and Freddy vs Jason vs Ash and Evil Dead 4. Busy guy.

I guess you didn't get the e-mail.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom