• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

The Witcher 3 Player Discovers Secret Quest After 600 Hours of Playing

IbizaPocholo

NeoGAFs Kent Brockman

Taking to Reddit, one player shared an encounter they had with a troll, an encounter many players on the game's Reddit page had no clue existed, which is why it shot straight to the top of the popular SubReddit page.

In it, Geralt encounters a troll making Nekker soup. After some snippets from the troll, players can ask if there's anything else in the Nekker soup, such as humans. At this point, the troll gets borderline offended, noting that he would never cook and eat humans, as he enjoys talking to them. This prompts Geralt to reveal he once talked to a Ghoul. Most encounters with trolls in the game leads to a battle, but this time the amicable troll sends Geralt off without a fight, but with an elf head and 50 experience points.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
CP 2077's story and quests are not its issue, I've been playing through it on Xbox Series X and really enjoying its world and storytelling
I am going to play it when the next gen patch is out.

Fare thee well

Neophyte
Man love that game. People who love AC Valhalla and not Witcher 3 confuse the everliving fuck out of me. Two of them are my friends on discord lol. I assume it's the kind of drag that the first area and the swamp area are in the beginning. Once you get to Skellige, Kaer Morhen and the ensuing events there, Toussaint, or the glorious story of Gaunter O'Dimm... i just don't comprehend the hate 🤪

Solarstrike

Gold Member
No idea what the hell that troll was saying. All I see is a badass outfit worn by Geralt. Reminds me of the legendary "parachute" digs from the 1980s :messenger_tears_of_joy:

Last edited:
Imagine being a "journalist" and actually doing the minimum due diligence to verify that something random you read on Reddit is actually news before you write it as "news." 🤔

I remember this quest as well.

It's a shitty website. But he clearly says "And even then you're probably going to miss content here and there. For example, it took one player over 600 hours before they encountered a secret quest and the troll that stars in it" and "Taking to Reddit, one player shared an encounter they had with a troll, an encounter many players on the game's Reddit page had no clue existed, which is why it shot straight to the top of the popular SubReddit page."

It's not really news, more like a blog or something. But he's not saying nobody has ever discovered this quest until now. Just that there's hidden quests in Witcher 3 and it took someone 600 hours to find, which is an equally stupid premise for an article.

Last edited:

Taking to Reddit, one player shared an encounter they had with a troll, an encounter many players on the game's Reddit page had no clue existed, which is why it shot straight to the top of the popular SubReddit page.

In it, Geralt encounters a troll making Nekker soup. After some snippets from the troll, players can ask if there's anything else in the Nekker soup, such as humans. At this point, the troll gets borderline offended, noting that he would never cook and eat humans, as he enjoys talking to them. This prompts Geralt to reveal he once talked to a Ghoul. Most encounters with trolls in the game leads to a battle, but this time the amicable troll sends Geralt off without a fight, but with an elf head and 50 experience points.

secret
?

every cunt whom played the game met this grumpy stoner troll.

Shut0wen

I found this on my first run, need a boat to go to an island, cant believe its a secret quest you can hear him from miles away in the game

Armorian

Banned
CP 2077's story and quests are not its issue, I've been playing through it on Xbox Series X and really enjoying its world and storytelling

Exactly, almost all the hate focuses on technical (console) issues, same bad city ai and bugs. But main gameplay and story are great in this game

You should, there is nothing wrong with CP in the most important aspects. In terms of quests it's like W3 but there is smaller number of them.

Clickbait article. Reddit post does not say it's secret, he just never encountered it. I encountered it in my first playthrough years ago. Nothing secret about it.

WitchHunter

Banned

I thought this was the donkeyquest where you had to remove a tick behind his ear.

sublimit

Banned
I thought that quest was pretty much impossible to miss. All of my friends who played the game found it as well.

There were other much more well-hidden quests that were easier to miss.

I guess those reddit casuls really suck at exploration.

Zenaku

Uuuuuuh... I'm pretty sure I played that encounter back then.
As is the way with most 'secrets' I would expect.

I can never get excited about secrets discovered or revealed years after release as there's a damn high chance it was found by thousands of people who just didn't find it interesting enough to talk about.

Only one that I think can qualify recently is the secret code in Nier Automata, but the guy hacked the game to find that. I do wonder if there's a clue somewhere in the game though, maybe an enemy that apes the directional and button presses or something, now that would be cool to find.

yikes man, don't say stuff like that when you haven't played the game.

cyberpunk is the witcher 3 except first person and cyberpunk....

it's literally good at all the same things that the witcher 3 was good at. If you are expecting the same skillset that was demonstrated in the witcher 3 to be demonstrated in cybperunk. you'll get that.

people just expected something different than that, which I think was...retardedly misguided. Notice the focus on features that weren't necessarily prominent in the design of the witcher 3, but people expected it from this game because it looked like other games that had those features, even though those other games dont do what cdpr does well...if that makes sense.

cyberpunk fiasco is one of the most misguided hate bandwagon I've ever seen in gaming.

Top Bottom