• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Gears 6, Fable and South of Midnight are “not” under consideration for Proj. Latitude and will be exclusive. Fable & SoM expected in 2025.

The second game will be a new installment of Gears of War, which hasn't been earmarked as a Project Latitude game, so it should be exclusive to Xbox and PC. I'm also expecting we'll see more of Fable and South of Midnightand even 2025 release windows for both of these titles. I understand both Fable and South of Midnight aren't currently being considered for Project Latitude releases.

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Since MS has gone all in on Gamepass with CoD, I'd say it makes a little sense to take a wait and see approach with Gears 6 before doing day and date on Playstation.

However, the Marcus Fenix Collection absolutely needs to come to Playstation, like Halo MCC it would be an easy 5M copy seller and basically be free money for MS/Xbox.

Last edited:

Jaybe

Gold Member
The fuck is South of Midnight?
4Ii1OQ0.jpeg

Darsxx82

I can't stop freaking out...

A little over a month ago he gained a lot of clicks and mentions with that "any game was on the table to be valued as a game to launch on PS5". Now a new article saying that several of the most important games to be released were never planned to be released on PS5 (via project Latitud) Anyway. Today's media 🙃

That said, I was clear that MS was not going to do a Showcase where there were no exclusives for Xbox. It would be a shot in the foot because everything would focus on the move to multiplatformity and that would be a blow to all the Studios that with great enthusiasm present their games and want the attention of the public.

It will be Phil and Bond's way of covering their backs with the "not everything will come out on PS5" thing while they announce Doom and some other multi-platform...

Chukhopops

Good - they should run the back catalog of live services first, see how much they can get out of it.

Then you can port the rest as new stuff gets added.

I can't stop freaking out...

A little over a month ago he gained a lot of clicks and mentions with that "any game was on the table to be valued as a game to launch on PS5". Now a new article saying that several of the most important games to be released were never planned to be released on PS5 (via project Latitud) Anyway. Today's media 🙃

That said, I was clear that MS was not going to do a Showcase where there were no exclusives for Xbox. It would be a shot in the foot because everything would focus on the move to multiplatformity and that would be a blow to all the Studios that with great enthusiasm present their games and want the attention of the public.

It will be Phil and Bond's way of covering their backs with the "not everything will come out on PS5" thing while they announce Doom and some other multi-platform...
Xbox is putting all their eggs in the basket this holiday. If Avowed, Indy, and Cod don't drastically move the needle, I believe everything will be on the table starting next year. Including a game like Gears 6, which doesn't come out until 2026 or 2027

Last edited:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Xbox is putting all their eggs in the basket this holiday. If Avowed, Indy, and Cod don't drastically move the needle, I believe everything will be on the table starting next year. Including a game like Gears 6, which doesn't come out until 2026 or 2027

I don't think so man. I think they've put all the eggs in the basket that they can for this generation.

Darsxx82

I don't know, it feels like MS's strategy with this Project Latitude is similar to Sony's with the SP releases on PC.....

That is to say, everything is under evaluation and the timing or possibility of PS5 versions being released depends on several factors.

- Logistics and capacity. A PS5 or Switch2 version is always going to require staff support or a third studio for ports. New owned studios that were previously multiplatform shouldn't have that problem. Example the new DOOM. "Small or less demanding" games like Age of etc don't need too much of this.

- Launch plan. It is clear that MS looks at the catalog of releases of the year and will always seek to release exclusives for its plataform/ecosystem. I think if Fable and SOM and a few others weren't released in 2025 exclusively for Xseries, MS might have decided to make DOOM temporary exclusive for example.

-Whether people believe it or not, it is clear that this whole process of embracing multiplatforming is in a state of study and experimentation. From the moment they have a platform/hardware that they have to sell and also preparing the launch of a new generation of hardware.... Logically, decisions about which games to release on PS day one are studied beforehand.

Anyway, we'll see what they have to say in the Showcase and after it. IGN's Should Ask About Project Lattitud:pie_smirking:

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
I don't know, it feels like MS's strategy with this Project Latitude is similar to Sony's with the SP releases on PC.....

That is to say, everything is under evaluation and the timing or possibility of PS5 versions being released depends on several factors.

- Logistics and capacity. A PS5 or Switch2 version is always going to require staff support or a third studio for ports. New owned studios that were previously multiplatform shouldn't have that problem. Example the new DOOM. "Small or less demanding" games like Age of etc don't need too much of this.

- Launch plan. It is clear that MS looks at the catalog of releases of the year and will always seek to release exclusives for its plataform/ecosystem. I think if Fable and SOM and a few others weren't released in 2025 exclusively for Xseries, MS might have decided to make DOOM temporary exclusive for example.

-Whether people believe it or not, it is clear that this whole process of embracing multiplatforming is in a state of study and experimentation. From the moment they have a platform/hardware that they have to sell and also preparing the launch of a new generation of hardware.... Logically, decisions about which games to release on PS day one are studied beforehand.

Anyway, we'll see what they have to say in the Showcase and after it. IGN's Should Ask About Project Lattitud:pie_smirking:

There's probably some people in Microsoft who have lofty dreams that sending a few games to ps5 will then get sony fans chomping at the bit for Xbox games....which then they drip feed over hoping people go out and buy an Xbox or next gens Xbox when they get fomo for the games.

Just like the Sony PC Iinitiative it won't work

Last edited:

Crayon

I would call this damage control rumors but I'm under the impression that this guy is fairly reliable? Could be wrong.

Would love to hear the reason of what games go exclusive or multiplatform. Right now it's making a lot of sense to me. Especially with South of Midnight really needing to be on as many devices as possible. Personally I think they'll all get there eventually down the road at some point. Sticking it in half-way is not the way to do it.

"exclusive"

"Xbox and PC"

Pick one.
This to me kind of feels like saying a game isn’t Steam exclusive because it’s on the deck and pc.

Microsoft owns Windows and Xbox. I get that this doesn’t align to your definition of ‘exclusive’

But when a single entity owns multiple platforms, and they release on all of their platforms.. it’s still exclusive from their perspective.

Or to put more simply. It means it’s not on PlayStation and Switch. And you know that’s what it means. If you want to play the game, you need to buy a pc, xbox or subscribe to their cloud game pass access.. either way Microsoft got you into their ecosystem.

Last edited:

Astray

I understand both Fable and South of Midnight aren't currently being considered for Project Latitude releases.
The project for Microsoft to bring ots games to Sony and Nintendo platforms.

How would you prefer he word that information?
He can either go with deleting the word I did (if these games aren't coming), or just not talk about those games and ports.

Holding the stick from the middle and delivering non-info only invites more speculation and attempts at parsing said non-info.

Personally, I think they decided long ago what they are going to do with which games, simple competence dictates that you need to look at all the products in the pipeline for what they are trying to do.

It's the weird PR strategy they're going with that makes me scratch my head tbh.

Astray

Microsoft owns Windows and Xbox. I get that this doesn’t align to your definition of ‘exclusive’
They might own windows, but they sure as hell don't own gaming on Windows, they have to pay Steam/Epic/GOG a cut on basically everything they sell on PC.

I have never seen anyone buy anything on the Xbox windows store, even the ones that use it only do so for gamepass.

Spank_Magnet

The Male Lewinsky
So Latitude is a Phil initiative?
”I’m telling ya Satya; we give‘em Sea of Thieves, Grounded and a few others then the Sony guys will come flooding to Xbox.”

Astray

So Latitude is a Phil initiative?
”I’m telling ya Satya; we give‘em Sea of Thieves, Grounded and a few others then the Sony guys will come flooding to Xbox.”
Dude, Grounded moved in NPD rankings by triple digits.

That is honestly insane to me, they probably made back the og development budget in that month alone!

ProtoByte

Gold Member
How about everybody goes back to the isolated walled garden policy for anything that isn't multiplayer, and if it is, it's restricted to the respective platform and PC only?

Top Bottom