• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Tom Warren: Gears 6, Fable and South of Midnight are “not” under consideration for Proj. Latitude and will be exclusive. Fable & SoM expected in 2025.

rodrigolfp

Haptic Gamepads 4 Life
This to me kind of feels like saying a game isn’t Steam exclusive because it’s on the deck and pc.

Microsoft owns Windows and Xbox. I get that this doesn’t align to your definition of ‘exclusive’

But when a single entity owns multiple platforms, and they release on all of their platforms.. it’s still exclusive from their perspective.

Or to put more simply. It means it’s not on PlayStation and Switch. And you know that’s what it means. If you want to play the game, you need to buy a pc, xbox or subscribe to their cloud game pass access.. either way Microsoft got you into their ecosystem.
The OS has "nothing" to do with the game. The hardware is the platform. We can run games on Linux (Deck), the platform is still PC.

Topher

Gold Member

The second game will be a new installment of Gears of War, which hasn't been earmarked as a Project Latitude game, so it should be exclusive to Xbox and PC. I'm also expecting we'll see more of Fable and South of Midnightand even 2025 release windows for both of these titles. I understand both Fable and South of Midnight aren't currently being considered for Project Latitude releases.

Where is that text coming from? I don't see it in the article

Woopah

He can either go with deleting the word I did (if these games aren't coming), or just not talk about those games and ports.

Holding the stick from the middle and delivering non-info only invites more speculation and attempts at parsing said non-info.

Personally, I think they decided long ago what they are going to do with which games, simple competence dictates that you need to look at all the products in the pipeline for what they are trying to do.

It's the weird PR strategy they're going with that makes me scratch my head tbh.
I think all he's just saying is that the games are now planned for Xbox and PC, but that doesn't mean they won't come to other platforms in the future. I don't see an issue with him specifying that.

4Ii1OQ0.jpeg
So the white guy dies, woman is the hero, and the black person is the smartest and they couldn't do it without they/them.

Fabieter

There's probably some people in Microsoft who have lofty dreams that sending a few games to ps5 will then get sony fans chomping at the bit for Xbox games....which then they drip feed over hoping people go out and buy an Xbox or next gens Xbox when they get fomo for the games.

Just like the Sony PC Iinitiative it won't work

I would argue that this has a higher chances to happen than pc players movingly to Playstation over one game every year being exclusive.

There's probably some people in Microsoft who have lofty dreams that sending a few games to ps5 will then get sony fans chomping at the bit for Xbox games....which then they drip feed over hoping people go out and buy an Xbox or next gens Xbox when they get fomo for the games.

Just like the Sony PC Iinitiative it won't work
I doubt people inside Microsoft actually believe that. I think by drip feeding ports Microsoft hopes they won't destroy their rabbid fanbase like they would if they just announced being fully Multi-platform. There is no chance they see a surge of console sales because they release a few good games in the next year. Everybody is just going to be asking when they are coming to PS5 or Switch2?

Astray

I think all he's just saying is that the games are now planned for Xbox and PC, but that doesn't mean they won't come to other platforms in the future. I don't see an issue with him specifying that.
There's no real news here tho. We already know that they're coming to pc and Xbox for sure. The real news is whether these games are coming to PS5/Switch 2 or not.

He didn't even manage to tell us a yes/no on this. Keep in mind that he's saying this on a subscriber newsletter.. you have to pay him to read this drivel.

FewRope

I doubt people inside Microsoft actually believe that. I think by drip feeding ports Microsoft hopes they won't destroy their rabbid fanbase like they would if they just announced being fully Multi-platform. There is no chance they see a surge of console sales because they release a few good games in the next year. Everybody is just going to be asking when they are coming to PS5 or Switch2?
They are already done as a main platform, they can release the portable device to try to make a dent in the Steam Deck territory but Xbox as a console is completely dead, thinking otherwise is complete denial

Woopah

There's no real news here tho. We already know that they're coming to pc and Xbox for sure. The real news is whether these games are coming to PS5/Switch 2 or not.

He didn't even manage to tell us a yes/no on this. Keep in mind that he's saying this on a subscriber newsletter.. you have to pay him to read this drivel.
Well the news is that they will not be on other platforms at launch. Which is apparently different from the next Doom game.

I don't think we can expect Jez or anyone else to confirm that a Microsoft game will never ever come to PS5. The door is already open for these things to happen in future years.

Last edited:

ChiefDada

Lol bullshit.

The shills are out in full force for the anti-panic campaign to convince Xbox loyalists that everything fine. In reality, the games are coming to Playstation and I can't wait to play Gears 6 on PS5 Pro, the world's most powerful console 😝

The setting and Blues lore could've been fucking cool but alas, it devolves into no-doubt lesbian girl boss yaaaas drivel within 20 seconds.
What's wrong with you people. How did that trailer elicit that response. She's a strong black woman protagonist. How tf does the equate to "no doubt lesbian girl boss" with "yaaas drivel"? Another example of some anti woke being emo losers just trying to sabotage positive change. You watched that trailer with the cool music and esthetic, loved it, saw a black woman and said fuck this woke lesbian shit 🤦🏾😂☠️

Last edited:

Klayzer

Gold Member
I would argue that this has a higher chances to happen than pc players movingly to Playstation over one game every year being exclusive.
Doubt it. PS players had many opportunities, in the last year or two, to switch to Xbox for a cheap buy in. But chose not to. What would be the point now, with certain games coming to the PS ecosystem.

Its amazing at this point that anyone would say that any game published by MS won't come out on other platforms.

Look - if the title can be thought of potentially making them more money on other platforms (this goes beyond PS), then it will, in time, get ported. Simple as that. In a year, this won't even be a conversation anymore.

What's wrong with you people. How did that trailer elicit that response. She's a strong black woman protagonist. How tf does the equate to "no doubt lesbian girl boss" with "yaaas drivel"? Another example of some anti woke being emo losers just trying to sabotage positive change. You watched that trailer with the cool music and esthetic, loved it, saw a black woman and said fuck this woke lesbian shit 🤦🏾😂☠️
You people???!!!

Ah yes. The champions of true diversity. Make the same mistake but the opposite. Every time.
You created that hypothetical in your head. We havent even seen any white characters in the game, or know what the story is about. It looks like 1960s Loisianna, which would require the devs to consulting with people who are more knowledgeable about cultural norms due to the political climate, but nowhere in the trailer was that even a point of contention. Im pretty sure the devs of Ghost of Tsushima had to consult with Japanese historians to understand how to write the story so that doesnt offend Japanese gamers. Its like the weird conspiracy of whites fearing they are being attacked and replaced by minorities in America.

People say they want to see devs become less risk adverse and for writing to become less boring, but people still complain anytime there isnt a white male savior troupe for them to fantasize, like in 90% of other games. Then people wonder why games are getting stale and devs are just choosing to remaster IPs to go the safe route.

There really is no pleasing some people. Kingdom Come deliverance devs said " go make your own game if you want to play as a black character". So a new game gets premiered featuring a black character in what looks like 1960s Louisian, and "gamers" say " I dont want to play as black character because it used a consulting company for cultural sensitivity". It seems like the only accepteable role for black characters in video games is in a subservient role of a side character, or playing as a criminal like CJ in GTA.

Last edited:

Topher

Gold Member
Lol bullshit.

The shills are out in full force for the anti-panic campaign to convince Xbox loyalists that everything fine. In reality, the games are coming to Playstation and I can't wait to play Gears 6 on PS5 Pro, the world's most powerful console 😝

Timdog forgot to charge his phone.

Matthew Broderick GIF

Last edited:

T-0800

Lol bullshit.

I don't understand the above exchange that you posted. Could you explain?

DenchDeckard

Moderated wildly
Lol bullshit.

Just out of interest.

Are you more interested in up coming xbox games that are announced or rumoured to be announced more than what playstation games we know are coming?

Probably worth answering after Sunday tbh lol

nemiroff

Gold Member
I don't understand the above exchange that you posted. Could you explain?

Just disregard the foul smell of console wars from the usual suspects seeing things through a stick-it-to-them lens.

I guess the exchange is about MS supposedly holding back saying too much about which- and how many games they're actually going to release on Playstation because of an alleged turmoil/concern about the strategy.

It's all white noise for those of us enjoying finally seeing some change in a dreadfully stagnant industry. Getting rid of the walled gardens to a certain extent is only a good thing for consumers.

Last edited:

Negotiator101

Gold Member
Just disregard the foul smell of console wars from the usual suspects seeing things through a stick-it-to-them lens.

I guess the exchange is about MS supposedly holding back saying too much about which- and how many games they're actually going to release on Playstation because of an alleged turmoil/concern about the strategy.

It's all white noise for those of us enjoying finally seeing some change in a dreadfully stagnant industry. Getting rid of the walled gardens to a certain extent is only a good thing for consumers.
What are you rambling about? the voice of reason? 🤣

nemiroff

Gold Member
What are you rambling about? the voice of reason? 🤣

It's simple: multi-platform is the definite future (and the future is also now). All current platforms have a expiration date, and recently we've activated a new set of dates. Xbox is first, then soon Playstation will be fully engulfed. Switch is currently in a unique situation, but will not be infinitely unaffected. PC's few remaining walls will also eventually fall, especially with the AI revolution currently ramping up. And, this is just my little notion-thingy: A new holistic standardized platform will emerge. I honestly find it fascinating that the previous phase lasted this long. But it's all good. We can just keep calm and embrace it - Unless of course you're in the unfortunate situation of being a shill.

Last edited:

TrippleA345

splash ships GIF

S SneakersSO randomly shows up with his bombshell comments. I love it.
Its amazing at this point that anyone would say that any game published by MS won't come out on other platforms.

Look - if the title can be thought of potentially making them more money on other platforms (this goes beyond PS), then it will, in time, get ported. Simple as that. In a year, this won't even be a conversation anymore.

Top Bottom