• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump deletes tweets backing Strange after primary loss

Grizzlyjin

Supersonic, idiotic, disconnecting, not respecting, who would really ever wanna go and top that
Doesn't he have to keep tweets up for public record?

DietRob

i've been begging for over 5 years.
Isn't that illegal for a president to do?

I'm not trying to be one of those guys being a stickler for rules. But I think it is.

Or maybe not since he still uses his personal account?

Omadahl

Banned
I can't wait for the bills this racist is going to introduce. Asshat probably wants the ten commandments stamped on every immigrant as he personally throws them from the wall. What a horrible time to be alive.

Brakke

Banned
The official motto of the Trump Years for me stays “not surprising, but nonetheless shocking.”

How the fuck he thinks this will fly after he did a damn rally ostensibly to support Strange.

gaugebozo

About it being illegal to delete his tweets... Presumably as long as he keeps a record it's okay. The White House can change their website for instance, they don't have to just continually add to it.

numble

Isn't against the law for record preservation?

Doesn't he have to keep tweets up for public record?

Pretty sure this hasn't been challenged in court.

Isn't that illegal for a president to do?

I'm not trying to be one of those guys being a stickler for rules. But I think it is.

Or maybe not since he still uses his personal account?
They just need to keep a record of it somewhere. It does not mean it needs to stay up.

kess

Twitter is full of shit, news at 11. If they really cared about "newsworthiness" and the letter of the law they would prohibit Trump from deleting any of his tweets. Being a private service should not obligate both Trump and Twitter to violate public record.

This man has issues.
snoop.png

Oersted

We have seen the day where Trump is embarrassed by the existence of his tweets.

Welcome to the rest of us Donnie boy.

iammeiam

I'm half surprised he didn't just tweet out a bunch of rigging accusations. His world has to be shaken that he went somewhere and advocated for this guy and Republican voters didn't just bend to his will.

Top Bottom