• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Trump deletes tweets backing Strange after primary loss

shira

ClnR3J8WAAAxJQ2.jpg

Blizzard

Banned
Uh incidentally this guy Roy Moore that won is an absolute huge piece of shit that did horrible things in his previous job, right?
He's backed by Bannon so I would assume so. This is one of the first cases where Bannon used Breitbart to go on a campaign against Trump's endorsement, now that Bannon is out.

Uh incidentally this guy Roy Moore that won is an absolute huge piece of shit that did horrible things in his previous job, right?
Roy Moore is a crazy racist far-right christian theocrat who was forcibly expelled twice from his position as Alabama Chief Justice for refusing to follow the law instead of his personal religious beliefs (once for refusing to remove a Ten Commandments monument from the court grounds, and again for refusing to abide by the SC ruling that legalized gay marriage.) He. is. awful.

Twitter is full of shit, news at 11. If they really cared about "newsworthiness" and the letter of the law they would prohibit Trump from deleting any of his tweets. Being a private service should not obligate both Trump and Twitter to violate public record.
Eh. You can hate on Twitter for unequally enforcing their TOS, but Twitter probably doesn't have any way to block an account from deleting tweets and in any case it's not Twitter's responsibility to go out of their way to implement a feature specifically to stop the President of the United States from potentially breaking a law.

Stinkles

Clothed, sober, cooperative
He's backed by Bannon so I would assume so. This is one of the first cases where Bannon used Breitbart to go on a campaign against Trump's endorsement, now that Bannon is out.

Bannon tried to make the case that Trump has been press-ganged by establishment forces and that Moore was actually the “true” Trump candidate.

ItIsOkBro

at least that confirms he's not deluded into thinking he's a winner...he knows he's a loser who tries to construct himself as a winner

Syf

Banned
How dumb do you gotta be to not realize this will draw attention to something everyone saw anyway. He backed a candidate, candidate loses, life goes on. But oh no he took it personally and has to get all insecure and make it weird.

Roy Moore is a jackass so it's not like this is a win for anybody.

The only silver lining to this is that Trump campaigned on behalf of Strange on Friday which is what started the entire NFL protest. So mark this as a major L for Trump in the last four days (including the healthcare bill failure).

I know Moore is the big favorite to win, but Doug Jones is getting a massive amount of support for a Democrat. He might not win, but I think it'll be very close.

The Mule

Someone should create a Twitter account that automatically copies (screen caps?) his tweets and reposts them, though it might be against Twitter policies.

Kastrioti

Persecution Complex
I think it's pretty telling and damning that a Donald Trump endorsement of Luther Strange in Alabama resulted in a loss for Strange in a Republican primary. Especially after that stupid speech Trump gave over the weekend. That does not show Republican unity under the banner of Trump.

TheContact

You can’t delete the internet. Another L. Something he’s used to by now. I hope he dies.

I wish Obama could have run for another term. Hillary sucks. Obama would have run and won again and this fucktard would be back on reality TV shows.

I know Moore is the big favorite to win, but Doug Jones is getting a massive amount of support for a Democrat. He might not win, but I think it'll be very close.

No, he’s not. In the most recent poll, he’s trailing Moore by twenty-two points and he had $250k at the end of the last quarter.

The Dems had better not give up on this race, because Moore's radicalism makes him weaker than Strange.

The party’s not investing much into Jones’ campaign.

Acorn

Lmao what a fucking idiot. He probably thinks it deletes people's memories or something, he's that fucking dumb.

I think Jones is probably better off without much visible national Democratic presence/association - the more Moore can associate him with the hated coastal elites/liberals/etc., the worse off he'll be. He'll almost certainly lose either way, but his best shot will be to appeal to the "moderates" and others leery of Moore's craziness while portraying himself as a sensible Democrat not like the others.

Sobriquet

Will there be debates? Certainly Moore will say something stupid. Right? :/

I have a feeling that the GOP will pour tons of money into this just to keep the seat. Regardless of how crazy the candidate is.

I think Jones is probably better off without much visible national Democratic presence/association - the more Moore can associate him with the hated coastal elites/liberals/etc., the worse off he'll be. He'll almost certainly lose either way, but his best shot will be to appeal to the "moderates" and others leery of Moore's craziness while portraying himself as a sensible Democrat not like the others.

Maybe he should invest in billboards with Moore quotes.

Top Bottom