• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

Eggo

GameFan Alumnus
Easily one of the best cards ever.

Nothing better than a wrestler KOed

I liked this card, but I think the last UFC Rio card was better because of the Big Nog KO. Also, looks like training with Maynard helped. Aldo's Back should have lost a point for the fence grab though.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Best UFC in years.

baoI5.jpg

ShaneB

Insane main card, and pretty terrific prelim card. Seeing Aldo run into the crowd was fantastic, great bit of personality.

yacobod

Banned
aldo would wreck edgar i think. he could hurt him standing and i don't think he would be like maynard and not be able to finish.

dream

Not sure how anyone, especially my good friend yacobod, can count little Frankie out against anyone anymore.

yacobod

Banned
Not sure how anyone, especially my good friend yacobod, can count little Frankie out against anyone anymore.

I can understand where you are coming from friend, but some fighters are finishers see jose aldo for example, but there other fighters who couldn't finish a piece of pizza see gray maynard or GSP. Aldo is a killer and if he hurt Frankie, he would finish him.

Some guys have the killer instinct, other guys don't.

I will take Mr. Edgar over smooth Henderson tho.

Heel

Not even close. That had one of the best single fights, but the whole card? Not even close to todays.

Today delivered, on almost every fight.

Hendo vs. Shogun blows this card out of the water on its own. I've never felt like that during a fight before and probably never will again. Shit was pure MMA heroin.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
Not even close. That had one of the best single fights, but the whole card? Not even close to todays.

Today delivered, on almost every fight.

First of all, the prelims were garbage.

Second, Finishes =/= Good fights.

This was like one of those old style Strikeforce cards where you've got legit fighters matched up with cans who get destroyed.

Heel

This was like one of those old style Strikeforce cards where you've got legit fighters matched up with cans who get destroyed.

Yeah, I've been meaning to bring this up. A lot of the dullness from the latest Strikeforce cards is from the new matchmaking. They aren't putting squash matches on anymore.

dream

Yeah, I've been meaning to bring this up. A lot of the dullness from the latest Strikeforce cards is from the new matchmaking. They aren't putting squash matches on anymore.

That's the problem though. I can make excuses for A level fighters stalemating A level fighters. Sometimes I like it when A level fighters destroy C level fighters. But Strikefarce is now having C level fighters stalemate other C level fighters and it hurts our souls to watch that shit.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom