• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 142 |OT| Yes, CHAD MENDES is headlining this pay-per-view

Status
Not open for further replies.

parasight

Just looked at the FX card. Yikes.

The prelims for UFC on FOX 2 are better than the main card for the FX Card.

EDIT: Even the Fuel card is better.

Heel

That's the problem though. I can make excuses for A level fighters stalemating A level fighters. Sometimes I like it when A level fighters destroy C level fighters. But Strikefarce is now having C level fighters stalemate other C level fighters and it hurts our souls to watch that shit.

This, my friend, is why ProElite is the new Strikeforce. Rich Chou, the old Strikeforce matchmaker, is now booking scraps on the big island.

did everyone forget Luke the Rock vs Jardine?

Haha, true enough. I remember some of the betting lines from the old Strikeforce cards being over -1000.

Fifty

Longest wait between the main event and a press conference? In my mind Aldo and Dana are doing lines of coke as we wait for it to start.

I will refer to my tweet from earlier

BigJonsson

Sorry #tebow, jesus is with #barboza tonight #ufcrio

I liked that even with all the fast finishes they didn't bother with much filler, guess they took the local time in Rio into consideration

dream

This, my friend, is why ProElite is the new Strikeforce. Rich Chou, the old Strikeforce matchmaker, is now booking scraps on the big island.

I think I agree with you. D level pro fighters vs drunken bar fighters is always fun to watch.

Mothman91

no .gif of that spinning back kick yet?

edit: friend linked it for me and am late as usual.
barboza1.gif

yacobod

Banned
aldo grabbing the fence to avoid the takedown and coming back shortly there after to finish the fight was very fedor-esque ala the fedor/linland fight.

Fifty

This press conference is terrible for english speakers. The translator is translating live but it is broadcast at 1/4 the volume of the Portuguese.

when you watch the gif of the Barbosa KO you can clearly see Etim bracing for what he thought would be another spinning back kick to the gut. But nope, heel to head and lights out. Very nicely done by Edson if he intentionally set it up that way.

barboza1.gif

yacobod

Banned
i hope aldo's next match is a squash match with hioki. it would be pride quality, maybe we could convince hioki to wear a mask in the cage.

Fifty

This press conference is a fucking joke. They should have a website for Brazilians and a website for English-speakers. Dana's answers are muted by the translator and the translator's volume is muted by the Portuguese speakers. Oh well, the Brazilian crowd killed it and they can have this special treatment tonight.

Chamber

love on your sleeve
So there's no point in watching the presser I guess. Portuguese translator is talking over Dana for fucks sake.

Platy

Saw this fight totaly by accident .. so ... awesome !

Why so many low blows ?

and :

FASHION RIO !

Nz4rS.png

tSHkE.png

That was painfull ... but i laughed out loud of how he fell .... and then i feel bad about it =x

This song makes me picture the Burnout Paradise title screen.

Totaly ! Me too

I love how the judge enters in front of the face in the exact moment of the punch ... it looks like that Sin City punch where he only stops when feels that he is punching the floor xD

------------------------

Also,while in my HUGE knowledge of ufc says to me that it wasn't a reason to disqualify, i found it hilarious how Erick said something along the lines of "I really didn't meant, but those punches connected ...." and the translator translated something like "I really didn't meant, and those punches were not even close"

And .. my curiosity ... how the international gaf people know Vitor's wife ?
Because she was pretty famous before marring him as one of those girls who are famous just for being hot

bone_and_sinew

breaking down barriers in gratuitous nudity
Whoever is in charge of the audio levels of the post fight presser should be demoted to Strikeforce with Rumble as well.

UFConXboxLIVE UFC on Xbox LIVE

All #UFCRIO ticket holders can now access the event via video on demand for 24 hours, press A on the main tile to watch.

Score

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom