• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 159 |OT| The Great White Hopeless

Status
Not open for further replies.

BLACKLAC

No he would not.

Anderson Silva IS a better fighter. But Jones is bigger, would put him in the ground, open him up with elbows and the fight would be done.

Anderson is comfortable and more than capable off his back and once he tags Bones it's alllllllll overrrrrr.

Anderson would destroy Jones and his chicken legs. Would be the toughest fight of his life but I see him outclassing him completely. Bring on that can courier

Anderson wants to fight Bones about as much as GSP wants to fight Anderson.

These SuperFights are Dana White pipe dreams.

dem

Oh lord.. I would like Jones/Silva to happen just so some dumb fuckers see the light...

But I like Silva too much. He should stay where he belongs.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
I'm furiously refreshing this thread for screencaps or gifs of the toe.

I wasn't even here for the entire event.

Anderson would destroy Jones and his chicken legs. Would be the toughest fight of his life but I see him outclassing him completely. Bring on that can courier

Jones is a much better all around fighter. Anderson would have to win it standing with his precision. But I think Bones would pummel him with GNP.

Skeyser

you guys are crazy if you think Silva would beat Jones
KuGsj.gif

Good stoppage. Chael was cowering and doing absolutely nothing. If the ref let it go, it would've been more elbows, punches, swelling and bleeding.

That toe was crazy... the realization his toe was broken was kind of funny, though.

LegoArmo

So, no one is ever going to beat Jones, what is he, like 24? We have 10 more years of predictable main events involving him.

drizzle

Axel Hertz
Oh goddammit found a decent picture of it.

I wonder if I can link to the thread? (not post on the thread, obviously).

it's on twitter, just search for "jon jones foot"

Edit: Oh, there we go. :D

brentech

Man, that's crazy. I'd like to know when it happened.
Hopefully he won't be out too long. You put a lot of pressure on that big toe, but who knows how severe that was.

My ankle took me like 5 months to rehab and I'm closing on a year since I broke it in 3 places. It's not quite a hundred percent, but i can run again and do all my normal activities, and it's not like it's part of my living so he should be able to rehab that fairly quick I'd assume. Barring he doesn't get an infection.

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
So, no one is ever going to beat Jones, what is he, like 24? We have 10 more years of predictable main events involving him.

He has many more DUIs to get. He's gonna get Frank Mir'd.

Eventually once he has to go up to HW, he won't be as dominant. That will probably be a couple years though.

Korosenai

Guys what if the ref kept the fight going and then Chael won by tko because Jon broke his toe. Would have been hilarious.

Some higher force must really hate Chael, dude can't catch a break.

While Sonnen was roided? Sweet.

While A.Silva was injured? Sweet.

How did that work out in the 2nd fight?

Chael still took him down in the 2nd fight. It's a size/strength thing. Bones is basically a heavyweight. Chael went toe to toe with Anderson. Bones made Chael look like a child. Those kinds of things matter. Anderson knows this, he's not stupid, which is why he will never fight Bones Jones.

Their was some real crazy stuff happening at this event from that one guys thumb popping out to belcher's eye almost getting poked out to jones toe breaking that was a messed up event.

Zep

Banned
Anderson wants to fight Bones about as much as GSP wants to fight Anderson.

These SuperFights are Dana White pipe dreams.

Is Dana White too greedy to throw insane amount of money at them for these fights? The gate/ppv numbers for either one would be ridiculous.

nick nacc

Banned
I can't wait till they figure out when this toe thing happened. It's the best thing that happened this card. If it happened during his celebration, great and funny. If it happened because of a hole, Jesus christ at that implication for the UFC. I want GIFS DAMMIT PEOPLE

alr1ght

bish gets all the credit :)
Is Dana White too greedy to throw insane amount of money at them for these fights? The gate/ppv numbers for either one would be ridiculous.

I don't think it would do crazy business. Neither of them are huge draws to be honest.

GSP/Silva would be even bigger and that's not happening. All the money in the world isn't going to convince these guys to go in and get their asses beat and their legacies tarnished.

Korosenai

Did you also see his face?

Broken toe aside ... even if Chael made it through that 1st round ... the 2nd round would not have been any different.

Bones MANHANDLED him and would do the same to Silva.

I don't think Jon could have fought in the second round with his toe like that. It would have been the greatest way to win the belt ever.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom