• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

UFC 203 CM Punk vs Mickey Gall |OT| Like Mussolini and Kennedy

Status
Not open for further replies.

SRTtoZ

If Punk really wants to continue to fight the issue going forward for Dana is how do you promote him? The guy got absolutely starched. It was an embarrassment. There's no way you can legitimately try and sell people on another fight of his as a major part of a PPV card. Hell at this point probably not even a Fox card. Can he justify whatever it is they are paying him?

He shouldn't fight. Period. He's not very athletic and he is too stiff on the feet. Its embarrassingly easy to take him down. He really reminds me of Cody McKenzie on his feet. He ran at Gall very stiff and upright and was just begging to be double legged.

He shouldn't fight. Period. He's not very athletic and he is too stiff on the feet. Its embarrassingly easy to take him down. He really reminds me of Cody McKenzie on his feet. He ran at Gall very stiff and upright and was just begging to be double legged.

Well yeah, but he likes the money and the spotlight so easier said than done. Honestly UFC should kick him to the curb. This was an interesting little experiment/sideshow but trotting him out again would just be an embarrassment and start to hurt what little credibility they have in the public eye. Either you put him up against a pro, any pro, and he gets waxed again, or you find some dude from the county fair circuit who is more his level and you run the risk of showcasing a complete shitshow of a fight on your PPV/TV airwaves.

Jerm411

Well yeah, but he likes the money and the spotlight so easier said than done. Honestly UFC should kick him to the curb. This was an interesting little experiment/sideshow but trotting him out again would just be an embarrassment and start to hurt what little credibility they have in the public eye. Either you put him up against a pro, any pro, and he gets waxed again, or you find some dude from the county fair circuit who is more his level and you run the risk of showcasing a complete shitshow of a fight on your PPV/TV airwaves.

There's always James Toney lol...

Oscar

If Punk really wants to continue to fight the issue going forward for Dana is how do you promote him? The guy got absolutely starched. It was an embarrassment. There's no way you can legitimately try and sell people on another fight of his as a major part of a PPV card. Hell at this point probably not even a Fox card. Can he justify whatever it is they are paying him?

Brock got starched a few times, still brought viewers. That WWE crowd alone will justify Punk's pay.

Assuming he's really in it for the love of the sport, he'll stick around and they'll bring him out to pad some Main Cards.

untitled-5eguae.gif

CsCuRdkUIAEl5IE.jpg

zewone

Nailed it.

I really hope this is over.

Brock got starched a few times, still brought viewers. That WWE crowd alone will justify Punk's pay.

Assuming he's really in it for the love of the sport, he'll stick around and they'll bring him out to pad some Main Cards.

Difference is Brock even though he lost his first UFC fight looked impressive, and later went on to be a legit champion and can actually fight.

Punk just looked abysmal and is so low level I don't see anyone they could book him against

Brock was credible. He was a fighter. He was a former champ. He could hold his own. Punk has about as much business being in the octagon as Screech from Saved by the Bell does. Outside of pro wrestling, Brock and Punk have ZERO in common.

I just don't see how it's worth it for the UFC. You know Punk isn't cheap, and outside of the car crash appeal of his first fight, what kind of a draw is he going to be? Everybody knows he sucks now. The appeal is gone.

Create an intergender title and have him fight Cyborg, Carano, etc. Maybe bring in Fallon Fox too?

Kind of wanted to see Punk get the shit kicked out of him but while he was thoroughly dominated, props to him for trying and taking some big punches.
He's no wimp.

Ceallach

Smells like fresh rosebuds
Difference is Brock even though he lost his first UFC fight looked impressive, and later went on to be a legit champion and can actually fight.

Punk just looked abysmal and is so low level I don't see anyone they could book him against

Brock also had a win in Dynamite before even getting to the UFC

rtcn63

From what others are sayingy, Reem has actually had quite a few guillotine wins. Of course this was pre-USADA, but it could simply be a case of things just not going his way this time.

Punk vs Joe Rogan?

Joe would DESTROY him.

If Joe would've wanted to pursue fighting he could have legit hung, several UFC fighters have gone on record stating that. But Joe never wanted to actually fight and has had multiple injuries.

But he has like real legit skills.

Why can't they just match cm punk with some chump fighters?

Because they don't have "chump fighters". Anybody who is even remotely good enough to be on the UFC's radar is going to destroy him. Do you guys realize he is a nobody? He has zero experience? Putting him in the UFC is no different than putting him on an NBA roster and expecting him to succeed.

Joe would DESTROY him.

If Joe would've wanted to pursue fighting he could have legit hung, several UFC fighters have gone on record stating that. But Joe never wanted to actually fight and has had multiple injuries.

But he has like real legit skills.
Rogan versus Schaub then???
Gotta give the edge to Joseph.

rtcn63

The UFC has done freakshow fights before (James Toney), but I think for the sake of legitimacy, they weren't going to feed Punk cans unless it was on Fight Pass prelims or something.

I wouldn't mind seeing that fight.

Stipe "I tapped for The Rock" Miocic vs. Daniel "I will never get the chance to rematch Jon Jones" Cormier.

Make it happen.

I'd love to see DC wreck some heavyweights again. Most people really don't seem to realise what a beast he is. His only loss ever was to Jones, who DC will be the first to tell you is arguably the GOAT.

Prior to that, DC was beating everyone they put in front of him, and he usually made it look easy.

I don't think he'll remain in the game much longer, but if there's a fighter I can and want to see hold two belts at the same time, it's DC.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom