• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Princess Kate image withdrawn by four news agencies amid 'manipulation' concerns

Jenov

How

prince-william-at-50-high-res.jpg
iu

:messenger_crying: Aging sucks.

GHG

This is the most bizarre and pathetic story I've seen for a long time. How is this front page news? She edited a photo. Big fucking deal. Who hasn't?

It goes far beyond a casual touch up that many people have become accustomed to in recent times. It's completely falsified.

Someone has gone to great lengths to do this and hoped nobody would notice. The question is, why?

They would have been far better off not releasing anything for mothers day, I doubt anyone would have noticed.

Jinzo Prime

This is the most bizarre and pathetic story I've seen for a long time. How is this front page news? She edited a photo. Big fucking deal. Who hasn't?
Really? An extremely famous person edited her own publicity photos? After her long stay in the hospital? With no other images or video of her since?

Hey bro, I've got some nice oceanside property in Kansas I'd like to sell...

SJRB

Gold Member

The point is more that this lady, an extremely public figure, had emergency surgery in January, no one has seen her since and now this doctored and downright fake picture of "her" gets released where someone photoshopped a face from an eight-year-old magazine shoot.

Of course people are going to notice and start asking questions.

Last edited:

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
It's pathetic and says everything about our media class that this is elevated to the top story and looks to remain there for longer.

The BBC also making a big deal about the Oscars for some reason when no one gives a flying fuck.

Meanwhile someone was stabbed to death and murdered in a place not far from me today and it's not as important as this photoshop and the Oscars apparently. Nor is most violent crime.
I see comments like this on BBC news social channels quite often, it's normally "why are you reporting on this and not the bombing in Gaza?!"

And not wishing to call you out but there are 6-700 murders in the UK every year, a bit less than 2 a day. The news just couldn't function as a programme that people would actually watch if every day there was a murder report, most days 2 murder reports. People just wouldn't watch it.

You could likely search local newspapers and so on to find out about some of the murders that make local but not national news and make threads about them here, but the truth is, it wouldn't capture the forum's imagination after a few days, unlike the Oscars, people want to watch good films and to know which ones have won the most prestigious awards, and it only happens once a year it is news when it happens, even if nobody dies. People want to be entertained by scandal and slightly strange news, which this royal story is an example of. This story would not be getting continued coverage if people weren't interested.

It's not good or bad, necessarily, it's just what people are interested in.

Last edited:

Cyberpunkd

I see comments like this on BBC news social channels quite often, it's normally "why are you reporting on this and not the bombing in Gaza?!"

And not wishing to call you out but there are 6-700 murders in the UK every year, a bit less than 2 a day. The news just couldn't function as a programme that people would actually watch if every day there was a murder report, most days 2 murder reports. People just wouldn't watch it.

You could likely search local newspapers and so on to find out about some of the murders that make local but not national news and make threads about them here, but the truth is, it wouldn't capture the forum's imagination after a few days, unlike the Oscars, people want to watch good films and to know which ones have won the most prestigious awards, and it only happens once a year it is news when it happens, even if nobody dies. People want to be entertained by scandal and slightly strange news, which this royal story is an example of. This story would not be getting continued coverage if people weren't interested.

It's not good or bad, necessarily, it's just what people are interested in.
The problem is the 24 hours news cycle and there not being enough materials to fill it without repeating yourself.

Ideally this should be:
A few major news events
Some content focused on politics
Some content focused on general knowledge stuff - geography, history, society

Majority just wants stupid celebrity news.

IDKFA

I am Become Bilbo Baggins
It goes far beyond a casual touch up that many people have become accustomed to in recent times. It's completely falsified.

Someone has gone to great lengths to do this and hoped nobody would notice. The question is, why?

They would have been far better off not releasing anything for mothers day, I doubt anyone would have noticed.

Really? An extremely famous person edited her own publicity photos? After her long stay in the hospital? With no other images or video of her since?

Loooooool.

Please, you can't be serious? If so, I'd suggest taking a long break from the internet.

Dutchy

It's pathetic and says everything about our media class that this is elevated to the top story and looks to remain there for longer.

The BBC also making a big deal about the Oscars for some reason when no one gives a flying fuck.

Meanwhile someone was stabbed to death and murdered in a place not far from me today and it's not as important as this photoshop and the Oscars apparently. Nor is most violent crime.
The brits really seem to have a thing for depriving royalty of their privacy and safety. So in some capacity I'm not surprised this is news for some. Unfortunately so, yes.

Its because no one has seen her, there's a conspiracy theory that something has happened to her, thenthey put out a photoshopped image, get busted and it adds fuel to the fire
I think some people should lay off the socials for a while

MilkyJoe

Well as we've importer half the 3rd world and them killing each other is as common as as tea and biscuits, why would the media care?

chonga

This is scary ... Makes you wonder if she's in ill health or whatnot. After that Netflix show, the royal family is not above some subterfuge to fool the public
Very scary. I never knew that two photos of the same person taken from the same angle could produce such similar looking results.

But really, the eye brows are different, the lighting is different, the glint in the yes is in a different position, there is a bottom set of teeth slightly showing in one but not the other, the creases are more pronounced in one and not the other.

Slowly morphing from one to the other makes it less noticeable. Flick between them and you can more easily see.

And if you want to believe it is the Vogue image then you also have to believe that they're capable of doing a good job on all those edits listed above, along with adding hair, yet can't do a good job of more simple edits that everyone else has picked up on already.

Tams

Totally agree. The brits are obsessed with tearing down celebrities, especially women.

That's pretty prejudice of you.

I can only speak for myself, but I don't see celebrities as above me so do occasionally enjoy seeing them taken down a peg or two when their arrogance and hubris gets the better of them.

I don't care where their dangly bits are though. At all. Well, occasionally I do for the hot female ones when I fancy knocking one out.

Jenov

I think everyone's looking too far into it. It's like Marina Joyce all over again.
I'm sure she's fine and it's just some crap shopping done.

Also I second the milf comment too, she's far finer than Meghan Markle.
Markle is cheating, she had the nose job of a lifetime, literally prince-catching surgery :messenger_grinning_smiling: Kate's natural beauty ftw.

08dda01aec135ead13d6631f367c5658.jpg

45b23bd29fcecc2c3741941be093637d.jpg

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member

After watching that I've sussed it. She/He was having a fling, after being caught (Either party) willy reached for the 12 bore, let off a couple, matey (The other royal cod piece) copped a head full of slug and it was classed as an accident, Kate took a few pellets to the nogging or abdomen.. she's still having it sorted out. Willy has bruises from the struggle. Everyone's tripping, bodged out a few bum photos. Whoops

GDHuo1U.gif

Next!

Tams

AI paranoia at 200%

Maybe someone can explain/show me the inaccuracies

'AI' might have been involved, especially as Adobe have integrated it heavily, but really this is just botched photo editing.

At a quick glance, like I did with the story initially, it looks fine. But pay even the slightest attention to detail and it's a mess. Where has already been outlined here.

AgatonSax

Isn’t this in the context of William rumoured to been having a four year affair that Colbert apparently just did a monologue about? She could be having a breakdown.

Top Bottom