• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Princess Kate image withdrawn by four news agencies amid 'manipulation' concerns

NeoGiffer

If I was there I would have popped her in that trolley and pushed her home. She is terribly thin. đź‘€

82611595-13209907-Kate_was_seen_smiling_as_she_carried_a_white_shopping_bag_during-a-22_1710792677591.jpg

https://www.dailymail.co.uk/news/ar...incess-wales-prince-william-windsor-farm.html

Last edited:

Nobody_Important

“Aww, it’s so...average,” she said to him in a cold brick of passion
Now that she has been seen maybe I can stop hearing about this 24/7 at work and from friends.

Jesus Christ.

I’m not interested in the royals at all. But this is the most bizarre shit I have ever seen with a politician or leader type. Just walk outside wave to the crowd or do an interview with British news.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
If Kate was in the hospital for a broken arm because she fell jogging or something it wouldnt be news and everyone would be told whats going on. But when it's abdominal surgery, that's not exactly something routine. So makes sense it was serious.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Really sad to hear that. I know nothing about the British royal family or her, but she seems really nice and I hope she gets back to 100%.

still doesn't really explain why they released a poorly photoshopped pic. Don't they have a PR team? Doesn't everything get vetted first being released to the public??

hope she makes full recovery.

Aesius

still doesn't really explain why they released a poorly photoshopped pic. Don't they have a PR team? Doesn't everything get vetted first being released to the public??

hope she makes full recovery.
I also don’t think that’s her in the pic at the top of this page

Cyberpunkd

They are really dumb.

"However tests after the operation found cancer had been present. My medical team therefore advised that I should undergo a course of preventative chemotherapy and I am now in the early stages of that treatment," said the princess.
There is no such thing as “preventative chemotherapy”. I had cancer, I fucking know.
Chemotherapy kills you, but it kills cancer cells way faster. So it’s a race to kill all cancer cells before they overwhelm the body.
What happens is you light up as a Christmas tree on the MRI, then after some time you do it again and hope the image is darker.

They also don’t disclose the type of cancer she has.

Come On Food GIF by Masterchef

Last edited:
Pretty sad they felt they had to hide this and not be genuine and upfront.

Good luck to the fam though. Tough times

Last edited:

jason10mm

Gold Member
They are really dumb.

There is no such thing as “preventative chemotherapy”. I had cancer, I fucking know.
Chemotherapy kills you, but it kills cancer cells way faster. So it’s a race to kill all cancer cells before they overwhelm the body.
What happens is you light up as a Christmas tree on the MRI, then after some time you do it again and hope the image is darker.

They also don’t disclose the type of cancer she has.

Come On Food GIF by Masterchef
"Chemotherapy" is kind of a catch all term for "medicine for cancer". It's possible she is getting hormone blockers or something that reduces the possibility of metastasis after a primary resection so her terminology is essentially how it may have been explained to her. We are not obligated to her full medical history so that explanation is sufficient I think for someone of her status.

It's the folks running for election that suppress just how damned sick they are that gets me, JFC folks jump off the political treadmill for a second and focus on your health!

Top Bottom