• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

[UK] Princess Kate image withdrawn by four news agencies amid 'manipulation' concerns

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Assumption is hysterectomy which fits in with recovery time but we'll never be told and to be honest its still none of our business either.

She's already sprogged the next King so her usefulness is done if that's what has happened.

Last edited:

NeoGiffer

any day now....

article-2013621-0CED2D6400000578-556_306x423.jpg

Last edited:

GymWolf

She's biracial... That wide nose she used to have isn't exactly the standard for very light skinned black women in Hollywood
But looking more like a white woman to get more jobs sound like an absurd reach.

Did it ever crossed your mind that maybe she just didn't liked her nose? A truckload of white women reduce their nose aswell, it's one of the most common surgeries in the world.

Also...you speak like white actresses getting better jobs is a real thing and i don't think it has been the case for a while...hell if that is the real reason she did that, then she is probably punching herself considering that today a lot of famous white fantasy character get race swapped to please the woke crowd, but you are never gonna see a famous black character being acted by a white actor.

Last edited:

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
But looking more like a white woman to get more jobs sound like an absurd reach.

Did it ever crossed your mind that maybe she just didn't liked her nose? A truckload of white women reduce their nose aswell, it's one of the most common surgeries in the world.
Totally.

I know many women who got boob jobs. And none of them in the entertainment industry trying to get famous. One of them is one of my best friends since grade school and she did it because after having two kids she didn't like her saggy tits. lol

Last edited:

Reizo Ryuu

Gold Member
Did it ever crossed your mind that maybe she just didn't liked her nose?
He's not entirely off-base, "pro black" groups have been talking about all the self image hate that leads to lightening skin and straightening hair for ages, markle's hair is always straight in the public/entertainment industry eye, but that's not her natural hair.

Not saying this has to be the case for markle, but it's not something that's a "reach", unfortunately.

GymWolf

He's not entirely off-base, "pro black" groups have been talking about all the self image hate that leads to lightening skin and straightening hair for ages, markle's hair is always straight in the public/entertainment industry eye, but that's not her natural hair.

Not saying this has to be the case for markle, but it's not something that's a "reach", unfortunately.

That still sound like something based on personal aesthetics and not something cold like getting more white women jobs tbh.

It's like asian people having surgery in their eyes to open them up, hardly something they do to get more white women jobs...

Last edited:

DeafTourette

Perpetually Offended
Really dude?

Yes, really. It's talked about extensively in certain circles, especially with biracial actresses like Amanda Seales, Kadida and Rashida Jones, etc.

And GymWolf GymWolf it's not about taking jobs from white women but from movie producers wanting a more European beauty aesthetic. Obviously there's outliers like Viola Davis, Lupita N'Yongo, etc who CAN'T fit that aesthetic but yes... It's a thing. The more racially ambiguous you are, the better.

I bet most of y'all didn't know Rashida Jones was actually biracial and not adopted by a black parent.

ETA: it's a thing in business, too. Why do you think so many black women straighten their hair? It's seen as "professional". Natural tightly coiled hair isn't seen that way... Though that mindset is changing slowly.

Last edited:

GymWolf

Yes, really. It's talked about extensively in certain circles, especially with biracial actresses like Amanda Seales, Kadida and Rashida Jones, etc.

And GymWolf GymWolf it's not about taking jobs from white women but from movie producers wanting a more European beauty aesthetic. Obviously there's outliers like Viola Davis, Lupita N'Yongo, etc who CAN'T fit that aesthetic but yes... It's a thing. The more racially ambiguous you are, the better.

I bet most of y'all didn't know Rashida Jones was actually biracial and not adopted by a black parent.

ETA: it's a thing in business, too. Why do you think so many black women straighten their hair? It's seen as "professional". Natural tightly coiled hair isn't seen that way... Though that mindset is changing slowly.
No i knew about rashida, i loved parks and rec so i researched almost every actor.

jason10mm

Gold Member
Funny thing is that white people tend to promote darker "tanned" skin and the palest of white people, the gingers, are a source of mockery, scorn, and replacement.

Guess it just means none of us are ever happy. Or rather, pharmaceutical/make-up companies can't sell BILLIONS to women if they are happy in their own skin.

And to think all most women need to be really attractive is a $100/mo gym membership that they actually use :p

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Funny thing is that white people tend to promote darker "tanned" skin and the palest of white people, the gingers, are a source of mockery, scorn, and replacement.

Guess it just means none of us are ever happy. Or rather, pharmaceutical/make-up companies can't sell BILLIONS to women if they are happy in their own skin.

And to think all most women need to be really attractive is a $100/mo gym membership that they actually use :p
Tip from my buddy who worked at make up companies for over 10 years.

A lot of that shit they sell to women is the same shit from before, but recycled into new packaging and fancy sounding new colour names. There's only so many shades of red and pink.

Last edited:

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
Women spend $332 more per year on "personal products" than men do, according to this article. I'd be curious to see which products (men's or women's) give the companies higher rates of return:

Also, Prince William's supposed side-piece reminds me of Lauren Lapkus. That is all.

MTAyNHg2ODMuanBn

jason10mm

Gold Member
Women spend $332 more per year on "personal products" than men do, according to this article. I'd be curious to see which products (men's or women's) give the companies higher rates of return:
You mean "$332 PER MONTH" right? Lads, if your lady is only spending $330 A YEAR more than you on beauty stuff then kiss her madly and put a ring on it. You probably also make every dinner reservation and show on time!

jason10mm

Gold Member
Damn, something must be pretty seriously wrong for it to go on this long. Surely she goes out for shopping, meetings, kids events, etc where she would be seen by a fair number of folks. Or even household staff and a few trusted publicists. Seems like it was that botched composite photo, then the worse car one, and then nothing. Even if she were bald from chemo or on ecmo from covid or whatever, why hide it in this way?

Lunarorbit

Doesn't everyone know that Rashidas dad is quincy Jones and her mom is the mod squad hottie?

jason10mm

Gold Member
So, for us non colonizers, what is the Sun in relation to the Crown and reputation? Is it is straight tabloid that would print nonsense, is it willing to print whatever the Crown tells it to, or is this possibly a legit story corroborated by actual real witnesses, vetted by a properly skeptical editor, and able to stand muster? In which case Kate is up and about, seemingly normal, or has been replaced by a stand in good enough to fool casual observers at least. The former seems unlikely otherwise she would just have a real press conference or something, the latter would be BIZARRE to say the least and seems unsustainable for very long.

For a yank example, I would assume CNN or MSNBC would run a bullshit story about Biden to support him, or Fox about a republican (+/- Trump I guess but I digress) versus something like the National Enquirer which is 99% made-up crap to begin with and should NEVER be trusted.

Nitty_Grimes

Made a crappy phPBB forum once ... once.
Poor bastard waited 70 odd years to get on the throne only to have to abdicate due to ill health.

Top Bottom