• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Very Hot Beverages are ‘Probable’ Cancer Trigger, Says WHO

Status
Not open for further replies.

Aiii

So not worth it
Further proving that anything and everything both prevents and causes cancer at the same time.

tPcLycr.gif

Such bullshit

Cells dividing causes cancer

Are they suggesting the cell damage thatvhas to be repaired from hot coffee is linked to cancer?

With coffee consumption at an all time high wouldnt we see a pattern of esophagus vancer increase?

Outside of direct and extreme cellular damage (acute radiation) Just go on with your lives people.

Obviously try to avoid unnecessary injury from the millions of sources and dangers in the world but your body is designed to repair the majority of this damage. And at some point your own genetics are a factor

There are to many variables in biology

Nikodemos

They did this study previously with mate drinkers (who usually drink it at higher average temps compared to coffee, and since they drink it through a straw it stays at higher temps when it hits the throat) and it checked out. Guess they extended it to coffee. Doesn't really affect me, I've always drank my coffee, tea and mate lukewarm to cold.
Are they suggesting the cell damage thatvhas to be repaired from hot coffee is linked to cancer?
Basically. The more you force cells in one area to repeatedly divide, the higher the chance they'll go bonkers. Particularly cells who have to divide often. See skin, liver and pancreatic cancer.
With coffee consumption at an all time high wouldnt we see a pattern of esophagus vancer increase?
But cancers are increasing over all. That's why we're getting better at treating them, more available research subjects.

This will change nothing. I love coffee that burns me to my core.

I prefer not to have cancer burning me to the core. I'll stick to them iced lattes, thank you.

No shit burning your tongue, mouth and throat over and over increases your risk of cancer. I never got how ppl could enjoy eating/drinking scalding hot substances.

Also, seems like the ignorant as fuck "everything gives you cancer" brigade" has made its appearance.

Newsflash: everything does not fucking give you cancer.

Adittionally, magnitude of risk is important. A carcinogen may cause a few more people out of thousands to develop cancer among those exposed. Another carcinogen may cause a majority of people exposed to it to develop a particular cancer.

Which one am I going to make sure to avoid?

For the irrational, unthinking "everything causes cancer" ppl, it doesn't matter. For someone like me who has a functioning brain and can weigh risks, it does.

Wow dude.

Noooooope. Find a partner to help. Doctor ordered.

You can go blind or so they say...

Yes wanking cures cancer so you need to wank to the amount of times relative to everything you do which causes cancer to be safe.

Careful, you'll get dick cancer.

I believe it's actually been shown to reduce your chances of prostate cancer. So wank away <3

Regular orgasms lower the risk of prostate cancer, so wank away!

If you want hand cancer!

Which one is it?! To stroke, or not to stroke...

Which one is it?! To stroke, or not to stroke...

Your testicles are going to over-produce sperm like a couple of insanely optimistic little jackasses anyway, so you may as well offend your religion of choice with it. As long as your spankfests don't involve abrasive rubs or caustic chemicals, it should be fine.

I made my usual ginger tea last night, and I checked the temperature with a cooking thermometer when it was at a temperature that felt comfortable to drink. It was about 140F. I'll probably be fine as long as I trust my mucous membranes to tell me how hot it is.

MrOogieBoogie

BioShock Infinite is like playing some homeless guy's vivid imagination
I read this thread while eating pastrami and drinking coffee.

I am already dead.

ElRenoRaven

I'm awaiting the next study that says drinking water cause cancer.

Hell the shit we put in drinking water now days it probably does. Course now that you think about it. Do people who bath not get skin cancer? Is not everything we drink made out of water? Throat cancer and stomach cancer. Hmmmm yea think I've just proven it. The real cancer culprit is water. STOP DRINKING WATER FOLKS! It causes cancer.

Easy_D

never left the stone age
Hell the shit we put in drinking water now days it probably does. Course now that you think about it. Do people who bath not get skin cancer? Is not everything we drink made out of water? Throat cancer and stomach cancer. Hmmmm yea think I've just proven it. The real cancer culprit is water. STOP DRINKING WATER FOLKS! It causes cancer.

I bet even shit in our atmosphere causes cancer.

sasimirobot

R.I.P. China.

Will nobody think of the poor naive Chinese college students practicing their English, between this and "you use chopsticks so well!", what will be left for them to tell us?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom