• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

We used to have E3 booth babes

Jennings

E3 used to aim for a specific target market, and for that market it delivered the best of the best experience of all time, unrivaled in its time. But nowadays they've done away with the finely tuned niche appeal and have settled for a lukewarm reception by a wider audience, turning a spicy meatball into bland airline food.

It's gone the way of old Las Vegas, Sin City no more, it's just a slow moving theme park attraction for Gamgam's and kids alike.

We should appreciate it for what it was, not waste energy hating it for what it's become.

Last edited:

Toots

Gold Member
JuGB3fP.jpg

I miss Coolio more than the booth babes

Mf8Lklz.jpg

xiseerht

I am very lucky I was able to go E3 between 2001-2006 and had a blast every single summer. Hanging with the booth babes was fun, Even got invited to a few afterhour E3 parties. Sorry some of you younger guys missed out on the glory days of E3. Side note , I miss some street hot dogs from LA.

Last edited:
I miss those times. Men like lightly dressed women and the women can make some easy bucks. I bet this comes mostly from women that would have to pay the men to make them watch lightly dressed.

Kikorin

Not related to E3, but I remember that before 3DS launch, I went to the cinema and there was like 4/5 girls with a 3DS console attached with a support to their hips and you could try Street Fighter 4 and PES. I guess today would not be that much acceptable.

EDIT:

Oh yeah, like that.

Last edited:

Shmunter

Life used to be so care free. Now objectifying women, Despite all those in the industry crying foul that their lucrative jobs are being cut.

Only the smallest minds can not distinguish between entertainment vs some kind of slight on the fairer sex. Men and women are not the same, it’s why we complement each other!

Liberty my ass.

Last edited:

BbMajor7th

I honestly don't know what scantily clad women have to do with video games. There's a few things I miss about the twentieth century, but I'll be honest, booth babes isn't one of them.

That said, if we were going to bring them back, we should at least bring the practice up to date and throw-in a few heavily bronzed, banana hammock-wearing chads.

A.Romero

You're looking at the job at a superficial level due to the nature of "Hot babes at a gaming show". There are many roles for promotional models at different levels for example;

Product Demonstrators, Lead Generators, Narrators, Presenters, Crowd Gatherers, Hostesses or Hosts, Sales Assistants. All those picture of them that get shared on the internet during and after the show, if they are being used correctly should have the company logo on their clothing and that increases brand awareness. There are male and female models and of course female models are in higher demand.

I arranged and setup a booth at CES one year and hired a good looking booth dude. Not all the buyers were men and he did a good job getting people on stand and their contacts. Gave him a brief overview of the products and any more technical questions he's refer them to me as I was there the whole time anyway. He also helped with the image that the company was a western business not a Chinese one.

You notice the women in the skimpy clothing, you don't notice the other hot women dressed professionally that are just hired for the shows.

You might be right. I'm seeing it from the gamer perspective who goes to E3 for the games, they have my attention already. It might be important for regular people that happen to be there and are not sure what they are in for.

Good point.

GymWolf

Ign used to be mysiogionistic as shit. I mean they had an entire section of their website dedicated to “babes” back in like 07. Its ironic considering all the white knight twitter warriors they hire now
We have like 4 topic dedicated to babes, is gaf also mysoginist?!

TheMan

I love the sight of a beautiful woman as much as the next guy, but looking back yeah it was pretty cringe. The matchup of barely-dressed buxom lasses taking pics with hundreds of sweaty fat neckbeards just seems...weird? Kinda reminds me of the Hooters dynamic, in that it would still feel rude to stare/ogle even though that's kind of the point of having these models there anyway? I dunno maybe that's sexist but it's confusing.

Honestly I think going to a strip club would be better since you could just drop the pretenses and stare at jiggling tits.

I love the sight of a beautiful woman as much as the next guy, but looking back yeah it was pretty cringe. The matchup of barely-dressed buxom lasses taking pics with hundreds of sweaty fat neckbeards just seems...weird? Kinda reminds me of the Hooters dynamic, in that it would still feel rude to stare/ogle even though that's kind of the point of having these models there anyway? I dunno maybe that's sexist but it's confusing.

Honestly I think going to a strip club would be better since you could just drop the pretenses and stare at jiggling tits.
The question is, how many people were bothered by it? I bet not the girls that made some nice cash and most of the men neither. I think overall it's less the 10% of the visitors who didn't like it.

The question is, how many people were bothered by it? I bet not the girls that made some nice cash and most of the men neither. I think overall it's less the 10% of the visitors who didn't like it.

Men and women both like attractive women, it's been proven. Less attractive women orbit more attractive women because the attractive woman will attract males to the group. There is only one demographic has a problem with attractive females, That same demographic has a problem with everything they see.

I'd wager it's less than 1% that were actually offended and still is.

DonkeyPunchJr

World’s Biggest Weeb
I dunno. I like looking at hot women as much as the next straight guy. But the whole thing is kinda sleazy. Getting half-naked women to flirt with dorky obese game journalists trying to bring attention to their booth.

good riddance. E3 was always a shit show anyway. The only reason it existed was because we didn’t have YouTube yet.

MDSLKTR

TeI don't know this GIF but you hyped me up.

I try to find it but no luck. Is it really Wii sports or Wii fit ? (I tried both with but no results)

Neogaf put your best men on this ! I live only for this gif now.
It was posted on gaf during the wii360 era, I believe wii sports, a back shot of the nicest pair of greenish yoga pants.

I've been on this mission since this morning and I'm usually good at finding things :( sadly I think its lost in time

captainpat

Can't say I miss them outside the few cosplay ones. The only noticable ones that come to mind are the SIn episode ones and the ones Microsoft had for Sudeki
260671281_b55274f675_b.jpg

Like honestly if companies wanna have got girls shill their products hire cosplayers.

Ign used to be mysiogionistic as shit. I mean they had an entire section of their website dedicated to “babes” back in like 07. Its ironic considering all the white knight twitter warriors they hire now

We have like 4 topic dedicated to babes, is gaf also mysoginist?!

Misogynist isn't appreciating women for their appearance. Misogynist would be ONLY appreciating women for their appearance. There's a substantial difference.

Top Bottom