• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

RPS37

Just finished Firewatch , randomly.
Surprisingly dope. Voice acting was the best of the best.
Now I’m working on Miles Morales (PS5) and Halo Infinite (XSX).
Not feeling that open world fatigue at all since they are so damn well designed.
Afraid to touch either Horizon game right now OTOH.
Unless that’s Horizon 5. Wrapping up with that one a little bit as well.

Fredrik

Horizon Forbidden West - In short, it’s fantastic. I’m going to be bold and say that unless Guerrilla stumbles to an extreme degree later on this will be up there at the top fighting over the GOTY this year.

Cyberpunk 2077 - Started over after the 1.5 patch on PC, finished Act 1 and a few quest coming after, it’s still not without faults but the things it does well is above everything else in the genre.

Last edited:

TransTrender

Gold Member
Tried Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night on Switch and the clunky controls, slow (?) gameplay, frame rate issues, and absolutely terrible loading times turned me off.

Switched to Age of Calamity and suffering through the frame rate issues for now. TV helps but sometimes not all the way.

Hoppa

Horizon FW and KoF XV. Loving Horizon, need a bit more time with KoF. I struggle with 2D fighting game inputs, especially with charge character

Labadal

Iratus: Lord of the Dead.

A reverse Darkest Dungeon. You're the evil one, causing insanity and so on.

It's an okay game that I intend to finish.

Ulysses 31

Gold Member
Most of the endings are meant to be done in ng+. The game expects you to get the "regular" ending and then go from there.

You can't approach the Atelier series in the same way you do other games.
I know, it was the same with Rorona DX when I did the 1st playthrough on my own and just got destroyed by some of the end bosses and couldn't even get near the overtime ones.

Totori just reminded me of how that felt. :messenger_winking_tongue:

SF Kosmo

Al Jazeera Special Reporter
4wr95dG.jpg

Just started this like 10 minutes ago xD. The patch is stupid-easy to do, you just drag-and-drop the file to the batch program and it does the rest. Using Beetle HW PSX core in Mednafen for this, don't seem to have any issues at all.

Apparently there are problems using PCSX and another emulator, but you can try if you like. So far I get some 2001 Space Odyssey & Killer 7 vibes from what's been introduced. Supposedly the story's actually quite serious and deals a lot with mental illness and abuse, despite the furry theme.

Also apparently there are some "things", don't know what exactly, similar between this and Kowloon's Gate (which should hopefully also get a fan translation soon). If you're interested you should be able to find the image & patch easily enough. Okay, back to playing!
What game is this? You never actually say.

EDIT: Planet Laika maybe?

Last edited:

Rippa

Just finished up Little Nightmares 2.

I can’t decide if I want to start up Tormented Souls or Horizon Forbidden West because I’m anticipating spending the most time playing Elden Ring when it drops this coming Friday.

I’ll probably go with Tormented Souls because I’m confident I can finish it before Friday.

What game is this? You never actually say.

EDIT: Planet Laika maybe?

Yep, that's the name. Sorry for making anyone guess xD.

It's very interesting so far, tho it's less a RPG and more a puzzle/adventure with "abstract" (and basic) battles using fixed camera angles (think RE, but without tank controls).

I think people into the psychological horror of games like Silent Hill will enjoy this, even if it's a bit less "hardcore" (and not grotesque...at least not yet) than something like SH2. Also if you liked Killer 7 for the personality switching, this is something like an early version of that in ways.
qBHSYP5.jpg

a5ZrMkA.jpg

Anyone else seen Lars Von Trier's Dogville? The buildings here give you any inklings of the stage play from that film (great film btw if you haven't watched it; also The Kingdom is worth watching as well tho I haven't seen the 2nd half yet).

Last edited:

Quasicat

Gold Member
With the exception of the new Turtles game coming out later this year, I’m not buying anything new in 2022. Instead, I’ve been hitting my backlog. Right now, I’m almost finished with Telltale’s Guardians of the Galaxy and just started Ratchet & Clank A Crack in Time. I’ll play that, Into the Nexus, and will pick up Rift Apart early next year, unless someone in my family gifts it to me later in the year.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dropped God Hand. Love the game but didn't remember how hard it can get, and since I'm on the mood for something easy and comfy before Elden Ring drops, I've decided to drop it for now and come back at a later date.

Speaking of easy and comfy, I'm playing Voice of Cards: Isle Dragon Roars. So fars it's a very simple JRPG, and very simple, but I'm on the mood for something like this and the game also has some very cool things, specially the art and the music. The story so far is very run of the mill, but I expect some kind of twist.

Genma Onimusha on the 360, love the updates they did to this game! Harder enemies, the green orbs system, the invincibility you get after collecting 5 green orbs, etc. Besides the changes, it's still good ol' Onimusha: Warlords which means it's a great classic Capcom game

Kblo6vy.jpg

Okay so this might have more of an Event Horizon/Sunshine vibe to it after all. Seems like it might be at least semi-survival horror or have psychological horror in the story as well. Pretty intriguing.

9zukNkc.jpg

Right, this is not what I thought this game would be at all 🤣. Was just expecting a more lighthearted, kind of Sonic-style story with furry characters but nah, this seems a lot darker and serious than that.

Kind of like Bugsnax (apparently) 😉
What's that game? and also weren't Sonic stories for a while known to be dark, serious and even edgy. (Though in an anime kind of way)

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
AC Valhalla, do I have to finish every quest? No. But playing ac Valhalla everyday feels like tradition, the abilities, skill tree makes a huge difference.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Dropped Voice of Card: IDR since it runs really bad on the Switch. Might get on sale for PC later on, since I was liking it.

I'm playing Cyber Shadow now. Great game that delivers in all departments: graphics, sound, music, controls, challenge, bosses... I've played for like 3 hours and so far it's an amazing game.

Just finished Voice of Cards: Forsaken Maiden. A step up from IDR, but I wish they added a little more and changed npc/enemy cards, etc.

They added a BIT of challenge to a few battles, so it was a little more engaging.

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
As I continue to wait for my delayed copy of Horizon to arrive, I decided to finally try Returnal. And yeah, the game just isn't for me. I love the smooth combat mechanics and it looks really nice, but I just hate roguelikes. Some of my favorite aspects of gaming are character progression and in roguelikes you just don't get it. The feeling of losing everything you've earned when you die completely takes me out of the game. I was doing pretty well and got some stuff in Returnal and died and lost everything and I completely 100% lost the desire to play again after that. Not even the slightest bit of something nagging me to give it another shot. I was done and have zero desire to ever go back to it.

Roguelikes will just never be my genre unless there are ones that allow you to keep your equipment and/or abilities at the very least and maybe just take away some stuff.

Last edited:

bender

What time is it?
Started Inscription three days ago and finished it today. While I loved the them and adventure game elements, I wasn't feeling the card mechanics at first but once Totem's were introduced it got really easy to exploit. And then all the stuff that happens after Act 1...I don't think I can even properly describe it if I wanted to. I disliked almost everything mechanically after that opening act but I had to see what was going to happen next...and the ending.

Lunarorbit

Horizon forbidden west since it came out. I would definitely recommend it. If you haven't played the original watch a video to catch up.

My biggest criticism is that it was still built to be played on the PS4. Maybe it started out as a PS4 and then became a ps5 game.

Rodolink

Still addicted to Dragon Quest XI S. God damn it why? i don't know its just alluring to keep finding new things, 30h after credits rolled (70h), but I'll cut it at the last Pastwort and <spoiler>the last "real" boss.</spoiler>
Before I tackle Elden Ring.

Rodolink

I tend to save my JRPGs for summer, but I wanted to get one in before Horizon releases. I tried Ni no Kuni 2, and it wasn't doing it for me. I tried I Am Setsuna with the winter setting and all. But found it really boring. I'll revisit both at some point. Now I'm on to Ys IX. Think I'll stick with one.

In the mood for something specific and so far nothing I've tried has cut it. Maybe I'm just trying to force a JRPG and I'm simply not in the mood. Forcing games has always backfired in the past for me.
Same, I'm not hyped for Elden Ring at all atm, but will have yo play it to not get spoiled by friends and media.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I am going to launch Xenoblade Chronicles on n3ds this week, too. Third part incoming, so I must to catch-up.
Why not play the Switch version? There is lot of improvements and it has Future Connect story that gonna be important for the 3rd game.

Kaisareon

Neo Member
Really LTTP on this one, but Days Gone. How did I sleep on this?? Zombie games aren’t really my bag but this one scratches an itch.

Also in between, just finished off UC4 remastered. Looks as great as ever.

Last edited:
Really LTTP on this one, but Days Gone. How did I sleep on this?? Zombie games aren’t really my bag but this one scratches an itch.

Also in between, just finished off UC4 remastered. Looks as great as ever.
Bought the game on PS4 (Days Gone), played first hour and got bored. I finished it a few months ago on PC after killing my PS4 and I loved every moment. Its just that first few hours can be a slog but boy oh boy does it pick up nicely in the 2nd half.

I hope Sony continues that story with a sequel.

Currently fucking immerssed in Kingdom come. What a pleasant surprise this game is! It's got a really compelling narrative, robust role playing, and some...unique combat systems. As I've read pretty much everywhere, trying to fight multiple enemies is an exercise in kiting. It's not very good. One-on-one however is very good and quite engaging. Love playing as everyman Henry, and I think his voice actor so far does an understated but excellent job. Dived straight into hardcore mode for my first playthrough, and having to learn the lay of the land to travel around actually helps immersion I feel. Also some of the side quests are approaching Witcher 3 levels! This is a must play RPG in my book.

What's that game? and also weren't Sonic stories for a while known to be dark, serious and even edgy. (Though in an anime kind of way)

It's Planet Laika on PS1. Quintet's the developer; was Japan-only for decades but recently the English translation was completed so I've been playing it since.

A little over 5 hours in so far (IIRC it's about 15-20 hours in total); I'd say def play it for the story, setting, characters and atmosphere. The gameplay's something like classic RE or Silent Hill, just not as horror-esque and less focused on combat (the battles are like ESP battles with a shmup setup...a bit weird to explain). Closer to an adventure game in function. If you want something that explores mental health/illness, psychosis, memories, etc. it's quite interesting.

And yeah, more than a few Sonic games are known for that; I remember tho they weren't known for being "dark" really until Shadow and Sonic '06 tried being darker and more serious. Definitely went through its emo stage in the mid '00s x3.

Nico_D

About 20 hrs in on Cyberpunk PS5. Honestly, the game is fantastic and I can't stop playing it.

That said, I've had three rather big bugs which have stopped either side or main quest progression. Like required enemies not spawning or some quest statue not triggering. Luckily I keep eight save files so loading back had so far solved all these problems. Just weird how there still is bugs this big.

But the game part is great.

Left Sifu in the museum for now. Also started a new game of Old World which everybody who loves 4x games should play.

Unity2012

Recently, I've been going back to games I liked but for some reason never finished.
Finally finished DMC3 (HD), and 4. Now I've been playing DMC5 (mission 11 atm), and loving it. I skipped DMC:dmc only to play it later as it's own thing.

I forgot how much I enjoy playing the series.

*Also, after patch 1.5 Cyberpunk has been a lot of fun to play.

Last edited:

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Played 12 hours of Elden Ring. I haven't played such a long session since I was probably a teenager. I'm absolutely wrecked now. But I couldn't stop playing. Holy shit, this game is good. It's like the ultimate dream game for a long time Souls-fan like me. Just arrived at Storm veil castle. The exploration and combat is fantastic, as is the art direction and graphics. Such a beautiful world to roam around in. The variety is amazing and it feels like I've only scraped the surface of what this game has to offer. I'm gonna try so many things, so many builds and weapons and play styles.This game is gonna last a long time. I couldn't be happier right now.

lachesis

Finished Gravity Rush Remastered on PS5.

My neck hurts - as this is such disorienting game, that if I filmed myself... it would have been quite funny how I rotate myself with Kat while she's falling/ascending etc...
Half of the time, I found myself kinda lying on the couch that I'm playing on with twisted neck. I am old, so I tend to move with camera angles like a old grandpa... but never like this. Actually last time I was being so disoriented was with Jumping Flash on original PSX back in the days.

Well, as per the game - I feel like it's a mixed bag and somewhat of a missed opportunity.
To this day, it's amazing that a game of this scale was made for Vita.
The atmosphere and all - really was quite something. But because it had such charming atmosphere - I wish the game could have offered a bit more interactivity with the actual city itself.
All you could do is just fly around the town and getting the gems. That's it. No shops, no nothing. All the beautiful city is just there... with zero interactivity, and all the people there and all - are just there rather superficially.

During the storyline - one of the sub character tells you about certain place - "there are so many things to do here!". Even Kat agrees.. but as a player - I was thinking opposite.
And because of that reason alone - it started feel somewhat like a chore as I progressed thru the game and felt somewhat repetitive..., and got rather annoyed by unfriendly characters and also Kat herself being so gullible. :(

Some battles were pretty tough - especially the some of the side story missions were tough too. PS4 version, it was much more manageable than what I did with my vita version (which I gave up in the middle) - but wish it had some sort of lock-on system during gravity kick or whatnot.... and that sword fish enemy was quite annoying! (deadly too).

Still trying to piece together what the whole story was about! It has some interesting stuff going on, but it seems like nothing was really throughly explained in the end. Hopefully I will get some answers in Gravity Rush 2.

Thinking about jumping into RE3 remake next. Heard the game is short one as well - so hopefully I will blow it thru this week!

Top Bottom