• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game are you currently playing?

_Ex_

Gold Member
25-SUDERMAN-super-Jumbo.jpg

I've been playing RDR2 on PS4 for the first time. In a few months of playing I'm up to 105 hours invested, and I'm still on chapter 4. This game is crack for my soul. But I get how it's not for everybody, especially impatient players. For me it's an absolute masterpiece.

bender

What time is it?
Wrapped up the final chapter of Plague Tale Requiem. Thankfully the final few chapters are brief. I kind of felt the previous overstayed its' welcome mechanically and the sequel is worse in this regard, stretching the limits of the mechanical concepts presented. I didn't care much for the story save for the final chapter or at least what I thought was the final chapter. And then the final chapter happened and made it seem like no lessons were learned from the obvious solution to the game world's problems.

Up next is Signalis or Somerville.

Trying to get back into the flow of playing Pikmin 1. New save started yesterday. I hope to get past the part I was stuck on before and beat the game
I played this all the way through for the first time a couple years ago. Originally hated the time limit when I was a kid but it’s not too bad. Only a couple levels that are difficult (the last one definitely is).

AndrewRyan

Bayonetta 3 almost reminds me of a Zelda game in terms of such high quality and the loving care everywhere you look. Watching how amazing Ragnarok looks makes me sad for the bayo developers since what they've done is almost more impressive considering the hardware.

The pre-black friday sales have been incredible! So far have Cuphead, Katamari, Urban Trials, Ridge Racer Unbounded, Castlevania: Lords of Shadow 2, Do Not Feed The Monkeys. Ridge Racer Unbounded has a lot of Split Second vibes. So much so I'm doing another playthough on the Steam Deck and it's like a whole new amazing game all over again.

Majormaxxx

I am on a retro kick.
Finished Aladdin, Lion King, Jungle Book on PS4.
Currently on Prince of Persia on my VITA. Two more levels left.
Blackthorne on my PS4
Also Curse of the Moon 2 on PS4 but it's on pause.
Just finished Prince of Persia on the VITA. Total fun. I played it on DOS back in the day, then 10-15 years ago finished it on an AMIGA emulator. Holds up perfectly.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Just finished Prince of Persia on the VITA. Total fun. I played it on DOS back in the day, then 10-15 years ago finished it on an AMIGA emulator. Holds up perfectly.
Check out it's sequel, very pretty spritework and pixelart in that game.

i know i'm slow at playing but i'm still on FFVII (switch) lol.

i'm at the point you get the car for travelling around the world map. went to golden saucer place but i need GP? i don't know how to get it. i tried betting on some chicken race but never won anything. got thrown in prison and then had to ride a chicken in a race to get out. got out and got the car.

i'm following a guide now and then because i'm an idiot. the game is fun but honestly i wish i could play it for longer. maybe i'm too old lol. i can play for maybe an hour at a time before i need to stop.

looks like i'm not even half way through yet. my in game counter is at about 10 hours. in this youtube video i'm at 8:06:01

Last edited:

k_trout

uncharted legacy of thieves on PC, I don't know how naughty dog made this like 8 years ago, it looks amazing...shooting sucks though.
I would enjoy it more if there was no shooting and I just wandered around and did puzzles.

Last edited:

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
Been playing some Assassin's Creed Origins and I'm enjoying it a lot. Actually vastly preferring the RPG style of these newer games as well, it feels fun exploring the map too. Egypt is absolutely massive. I've not even scratched the surface.
One thing that really struck me was the ambience of just roaming around, the mirages, the strange ambient music and weird things you find. Whoever designed it like that deserves more credit. I love stuff like that in games and they're the main reasons I rate Origins over all of the others.

Maiden Voyage

Gold™ Member
I wrapped 100% on Into the Breach this morning and am now onto Inscryption. I am enjoying it more than I thought I would, as I normally hate card-based games. This one is dead simple though and there's enough puzzle/mystery to the game that I'll probably see it through to the end.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Did 2 playthroughs of Blair Witch. It's a really solid horror game. I'm a big fan of the movie and I think the game matches it in quality. Looks great, it's very moody, very atmospheric and eerie, with excellent audio design. Headphones is a must. Bloober is a underrated developer imo.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
I just finished up God of War and Mario + Rabbits 2 and I can finally start up Tactics Ogre Reborn.

In December I have The Callisto Protocol and Crisis Core FFVII Reunion.

There is so many games coming out, I’m really having a hard time keeping up with all them. I’m almost jealous of people who say they have nothing to play this year…….almost.

Mr Hyde

Gold Member
Back to Ragnarok. The last couple of hours have been very good. Finally got a new weapon and I love it. Not gonna spoil it but the type is one of my favorites, for example I use it extensively in Souls-games. It's so cool.

Story wise it's starting to heat up. You can feel what is at stake and the threat of Ragnarök is looming constantly. One thing about Kratos I really like in this reboot is how he tries so hard not to give in to his anger. It's constantly boiling underneath him and since we know how it went down in the original trilogy you draw up potential scenarios in your head how this will actually end, because he gets provoked very often by the games main villains. I think Santa Monica has done a good job in evolving Kratos with a sense of responsibility to his actions, while at the same time not hiding how he really is, and what carnage he is truly capable of. It's a delicate balance. Can't wait to see how this plays out.

Last edited:

drganon

Gold Member
Beat star ocean the divine force. It was the first game I played in the series and I ended up really enjoying it. While I enjoyed and still recommend valkyrie elysium, this in my opinion is the better action jrpg.

Neolombax

Gold Member
Finished GOW Ragnarok over the weekend, what a game. I think its my GOTY. I'm still playing it, cleaning up some post game stuff. I've downloaded Chorus since its on PS Plus. Also playing MW2 every now and then. Its been great so far, DMZ is really fun to get into. Didn't realize its been weeks since I played any Destiny 2. I logged in every reset to buy some cosmetics with bright dust and then log off. I think its beginning to lose its hold on me, which is nice really. I get to play other games for a change.

Isa

I've been in a Sega mood lately so I beat Book 1 of Shining Force CD on my Genesis Mini 2 and started up the second book. Also while waiting to play through it with my gf I started up Shining in the Darkness and and up to the Trial of Courage. So fun I had to force myself to stop when I saw the time. Going to do a full run of the Genesis games, then I think I'll start up a Phantasy Star playthrough after that. Today my gf and I beat Golden Axe, her first time lol. There are some cheap shots the ai gets in. God I love Sega and the passion that went into their games.

Burger

fallout_76_fallout_4_problems.jpg

I've got God of War sat on the PS5 doing jack shit, and I'm playing this on the Steam Deck.

Something about this game is more compelling. Perhaps it's the do your own shit, discover stuff angle but I'm having a good time. God of War was feeling a bit too push forward to win.

Started Ghost of Tsushima yesterday. I was saving it for the Christmas holidays but the Witcher 3 patch date changed my plans.

It means I’m currently playing:

Cyberpunk 2077
DS3 NG+ with a dex character and NG with a strength character
Ghost of Tsushima

Ghost… not sure yet. The combat is fun and the world is very beautiful. It’s lacking something though. I feel no compulsion to explore the world as I did in Elden Ring. I’m only a few hours in though, so I am withholding proper judgement for now.

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Death’s Gambit Afterlife: I think the developer overhauled this game somewhat recently, and so I’ve finally gotten around to playing it again on Steam Deck. I’m really liking it so far, and it was tough deciding which build I wanted to go for. This may become my main Deck game for awhile.

Spiderman Remastered PC: All the Miles Morales talk got me wanting to play a Spiderman game again. So I went with the double dip on the first game, since Miles is apparently much shorter and well, I like classic Spidey better anyways. Looks pretty damn good running on DLSS with RTX, but I’m not sure I want to keep the reflections on? Looks great, but I think I’d rather have the big boost in performance.

Last edited:

Northeastmonk

Gold Member
I got a refund for Sonic Frontiers cause it kept glitching. The entire screen was a pixelated mess and I tried every config on the Deck to fix it. What a big let down. I’ve been putting my time into Tactics Ogre Reborn. I’m waiting for The Callisto Protocol.

I am currently playing Sonic Frontiers (slightly underwhelming but still fun in short bursts) and A Plague Tale: Requiem (very good but the 40 fps framerate makes the game feel a bit laggy), God of War and Spider-Man: Miles Morales on PC and God of War: Ragnarok on PS5.

TintoConCasera

I bought a sex doll, but I keep it inflated 100% of the time and use it like a regular wife
Still going through Judgment (PC), on chapter 7 and having a lot of fun. Really enjoying the story in this one.

Have also been playing some DOOM mods. Finished DOOM The Way Id Did, which is basically more DOOM 1 and I have loved it's level design, very good mod. Now starting Ashes 2063 and my man, this one looks like a banger so far. Nice gunplay and the OST is very cool.

drganon

Gold Member
Since I finished up star ocean, I started trails of cold steel 1. Since I'm an idiot, I played 3 and 4 first, but I'm still enjoying the first one so far.

Top Bottom