• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What game(s) have you tried your hardest to enjoy?

Krapalicious

Neo Member
Anything made by Rockstar except Red Dead Redemption 1. Their control schemes were never good. I'm constantly fighting with the controls and it drives me insane. Loved RDR1, loved how it played (control wise) and enjoyed the entire game. It was the only Rockstar game where I didn't want to toss the controller because the controller didn't want to do what I wanted.

One the same note, the Assassin Creed series too. Same issue, I keep fighting the controls (especially the first one) and I can't stand it. I heard the controls get better in later releases, but my experience with the first one soured my taste in AC games.

StreetsofBeige

Gold Member
Anything made by Rockstar except Red Dead Redemption 1. Their control schemes were never good. I'm constantly fighting with the controls and it drives me insane. Loved RDR1, loved how it played (control wise) and enjoyed the entire game. It was the only Rockstar game where I didn't want to toss the controller because the controller didn't want to do what I wanted.

One the same note, the Assassin Creed series too. Same issue, I keep fighting the controls (especially the first one) and I can't stand it. I heard the controls get better in later releases, but my experience with the first one soured my taste in AC games.
I've only dabbled with some R* games over the past bunch of generations on console, but same here.

The games have such incredible scope, but the gameplay (on foot or driving) is always a weird combination of a laggy feel or floaty driving. RDR2 had a more meaty feel to walking, but it had some canned animation kind of stuff where it feels you're always a few frames behind.

I guess that's the trade off between open world and dedicated action or driving games.

It also doesn't help that R* games on console seem to max out at 30 fps with some chugging here and there making the feel even worse.

Last edited:
Top Bottom