• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What is the most fun sport to play?

Status
Not open for further replies.

C4Lukins

For me

1. American Football: At the lower levels you are invoved in every play. Each moment is a small strategic battle. It is like Chess, only more complex.

2. Basketball: You are always involved. Whether it is offense or defense, you are in there. And it moves fast.

3. Tennis: Such a fun sport. Doubles or singles, you are involved the entire time, and constantly rewarded for good play.

4. Soccer: So much fun to play, but if it is not balanced, you could spend the game picking grass.

5. Baseball: I love playing Baseball, but unless you are a pitcher or a catcher, you are playing the waiting game. But when you are at bat or you get a ball hit your way, there is no sport that is compareble.

I really like Bowling, Golf, and street hockey as well. They were just not top 5.

I have never played Ice Hockey, Polo, or that sport with the paddle that is similar to Baseball. Water polo is super fun, as well as Beach Volleyball, and traditional volleyball. Plus dodgeball and kickball would have made my list if they went pro.

pa22word

Basketball or wrestling, imo, if simply for the ease of acess of doing them.

American football takes too many people getting together and too many rule offs to be really fun to just pick up and play any time, even though I love the game. Same for soccer, really. Basketball tho you can get any number of people of 2+ together and have a blast without compromising the rules at all.

Wrestling is a personal one for me, but considering basically no one wrestles anymore plus how hard it is on you it's basically impossible to get matches going with anyone despite how much fun it is to both participate in and watch.

neorej

ERMYGERD!
Handball. It's fast and strategic.

Football, I just love the smell of grass, and kicking the ball about. It's slower than handball overall.

Archery, just you and your skill set. That focus when you draw, obtaining full control over your body, awesome feeling.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
Curling, skiing, judo, fencing. I'd like to try bobsled.

Tennis/Badminton/Squash/Table tennis for me. Just let me hit something with a racket and I'm happy.

I should play more sports. Haven't played in aaaages.

Really enjoy swimming as well. Not as a sport though.

EulaCapra

Dodgeball. Probably the easiest sport to play and understand. Plus...

"You're either the butcher, or you're the cattle."

Superflat

Sparring in Kendo and Taekwondo is fun. For some reason I always leaned towards sports that revolve around one-on-ones. I've had hit and miss experiences playing with teams, unless they're all friends, which is a rare moment, filling two teams. Among the ones listed in OP, I'd choose basketball.

I really like bowling as well since it's the most accessible to everyone, including those who aren't into "sport" sports. I suppose miniature golf counts too, kinda.

Dodgeball. Probably the easiest sport to play and understand. Plus...

"You're either the butcher, or you're the cattle."

Ooooh dodgeball is a good one. Haven't played it in forever though.

terrene

Banned
Badminton. Seriously!

- No waiting, like baseball. You're constantly in motion.
- Every second, you have a clear goal - get that shit over the net!
- No chasing a ball that's rolling away, like in tennis or ping pong or volleyball. Shit stays put!
- Can't get hurt playing it
- Don't need a huge space or a lot of people to play it

Despera

Banned
In this order:

1- Tennis
2- Football (aka soccer)
3- Basketball
4- Volleyball
5- Table Tennis
6- Badminton

I tried my hand at Squash and actually won 2nd place in a college tourney back in my freshman year, but never really warmed up to the sport that much.

Tennis/Badminton/Squash/Table tennis for me. Just let me hit something with a racket and I'm happy.

I should play more sports. Haven't played in aaaages.
Yep. It doesn't help that I've gained about 15 kg in the past few years. My friends and I barely participate in any sports anymore which sucks.

Currently working on losing weight and regaining some of the lost stamina though, occasionally checking Fitness GAF and shit :p

deadstar72

Neo Member
Cricket for me. Very tactical and you really need to be an all rounder to get the most out of the game. Also the variety of maych types. Playing a test match is as much a battle of wits as it is a physical struggle. T20 is a slogfest but always exciting.

88random

Really enjoy swimming as well. Not as a sport though.

This, racket sports are the best. Table tennis is my favourite.

And I also like swimming but on a competitive level, not only for recreation. I realize a lot of people find it boring but I can't get enough of those 50m and 100m sprints.

Dice

Pokémon Parentage Conspiracy Theorist
I dont believe you have ever competed in Judo.
My dad used to be a Judo instructor, and I have also messed with Yiquan, which my friend teaches. Throwing each other around is fun, yeah? Skiing and Fencing are pretty accessible for a lot of people, I think, but I feel I lucked out on Curling. I can only do it because my city spent way too much money on an ice rink/concert venue, and they have seasons of curling that works kind of like bowling leagues as well as similar open play you can dabble in.

C4Lukins

This, racket sports are the best. Table tennis is my favourite.

And I also like swimming but on a competitive level, not only for recreation. I realize a lot of people find it boring but I can't get enough of those 50m and 100m sprints.

Racing while swimming again is super fun.

waypoetic

Banned
Curling, skiing, judo, fencing. I'd like to try bobsled.

You don't necessarily play those sports. My favorite sport is road cycling but i'm not going "babe, i'm gonna go play cycling, i'll be back in 3 hours!". I'd say skiing, judo and bobsled are equal in that comparisson.

EDIT: But to answer the OP, i'd go with soccer. I don't like the sport but it's either kicking a ball or swinging a bat for me - and it's easier to get a game of football going than a softball game going amongst friends.

C4Lukins

My dad used to be a Judo instructor, and I have also messed with Yiquan, which my friend teaches. Throwing each other around is fun, yeah? Skiing and Fencing are pretty accessible for a lot of people, I think, but I feel I lucked out on Curling. I can only do it because my city spent way too much money on an ice rink/concert venue, and they have seasons of curling that works kind of like bowling leagues as well as similar open play you can dabble in.

Curling is what I aspire to do. But you have these expensive stones, and then you need a facility.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom