• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's your GOTY 2019 so far??

I know year is not over and still there are lot of high profile games coming, but still i want to ask great GAF community about their GOTY so far?

My GOTY so far is Resident Evil 2 Remake. I already completed this masterpiece 12 times now and got 100% completion.Absolutely loved everything about it. I doubt any upcoming game will beat RE2:R as GOTY contender for me.

resident_evil_2_remake_demo_1547205306501.jpg

Runner-up is - A Plague Tale: Innocence. Game was huge surprise for me. I was not expecting it to be this good.

220px-A_Plague_Tale_cover_art.jpg

What about you guys?

Please share with everyone. Thank you :)

jadefire66

Sekiro, despite me considering it a 7.5/10 game. I just can't think of any other game from this year that I liked. For me RE2 Remake was disappointing and doesn't hold a candle to the original game.

Last edited:

larkwaffle

Resident Evil 2 by a long shot. It takes everything I love about the series and mashes it into one incredibly polished package.

Clear

CliffyB's Cock Holster
Days Gone.

Just the most fun I've had all year.

Resi2 was good for the first playthrough, but after that my desire to replay fell like a rock as all it has to offer are speedruns, and its mechanical limitations became glaringly apparent.

D

Deleted member 752119

Unconfirmed Member
Probably RE2, followed by Mario Maker 2 and Fire Emblem.

EDMIX

This is going to be a hard one. So far, Resident Evil 2 remake, but DMC5 is sooooooo good. Amazing story, the different characters you play legit could have had their own game and the game looks amazing. So its a mix between Resident Evil 2 and DMC5, but that could change with Death Stranding.

EDMIX

Resident Evil 2 remake for me. Them again i haven't bought too many games this year.

I went pretty ham on titles this year from Sekiro, DMC5, Kingdom Hearts 3, Days Gone to yes, Resident Evil 2 and I'll say its a toss up between RE2 and DMC5

Aidah

Sekiro and RE2 are both absolutely incredible, probably best 2 so far. DMC is really good, but the microtransactions disqualify it from GOTY consideration. Kiwami 2 on PC was also great.

There are other games I liked so far, but these 4 were probably the best so far.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
For someone like me who's fan of Japanese games, 2019 was fantastic!

These are games I played so far:

Sekiro
Fire Emblem Three Houses
Resident Evil 2 Remake
Tales of Vasperia HD
Kingdom Hearts 3
Bloodstain Ritual of the Night
Persona Q2

I highly enjoyed every one of them and still have these to look forward for rest of the year.

Astral Chain
Daemon X Machina
Oninaki
Dragon Quest XI S Definitive Edition
The Legend of Zelda Link's Awakening
Luigi's Mansion 3
Catherine Full Body

This year was definitely as good as 2017 for me.

Last edited:
V

Vader1

Unconfirmed Member
Resident Evil 2 Remake or Crash Team Racing. I’m guessing Link’s Awakening Remake could be it though, when it releases.

nani17

are in a big trouble
Metro exodus should at least win best OST but it's definitely between RE2 and metro so far

Metro. [haven't played days gone yet] So far very underwhelming year and CP77 coming only in 2020 could make 2019 historically absolutely the worst year for most gamers.

Kadayi

Banned
Put me down as another 'Plague Tale: Innocence' which I really enjoyed, though truth be told I'm not really interested in much that's coming out this year. I'd like to think that it will do well come awards season, but I suspect Death Stranding will probably hoover up awards as the Kojima love is strong.

Last edited:

TwiztidElf

Between Days Gone and Fire Emblem at this point, but a ton of great games I'm looking forwards to this year.
Only 10 hours in on FE, so a long way to go there.
RE2 was amazing, but the two above edge it out for mine. (I also tend to favour original content).

highrider

Banned
The only game I’ve played that came out this year is Marvel Ultimate Alliance 3 and it’s fun. But I’m going to say Astral Chain lol.

Top Bottom