• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

What's GAF GOTY so far?

What's GAF GOTY so far?

• HiFi Rush

Votes: 10 2.7%
  • Hogwarts Legacy

Votes: 23 6.1%
  • Resident Evil 4

Votes: 31 8.3%
  • Star Wars Jedi Survivor

Votes: 6 1.6%
  • Zelda Tears of the Kingdom

Votes: 104 27.8%
  • Redfall

Votes: 3 0.8%
  • Final Fantasy 16

Votes: 48 12.8%
  • Baldur's Gate 3

Votes: 103 27.5%
  • Diablo 4

Votes: 13 3.5%
  • Dead Space Remake

Votes: 9 2.4%
  • Remnant 2

• Rofif's GOTY Forspoken

Votes: 4 1.1%
  • Street Fighter 6

• Total voters

SmokedMeat

Gamer™
Only have Zelda and Diablo 4. I’ll probably get Baldur’s Gate 3 sometime this year, where it’ll probably win.

The rest can wait for discounts.

unlurkified

Wow, lot more varied than I would have thought. Haven’t played BG3 or FF16 yet (plan to). Remnant 2 is mine so far. Some of the best game design in years for me. Only 9 votes for it though so far is oof.

Dying to know who the second Forspoken vote is. Sympathy vote?

Last edited:

DragoonKain

Neighbours from Hell
Metroid Prime Remastered. Just adore the game. Loved it then, loved it just as much this go around.

Aside from that I'd choose between Zelda and RE4. Dead Space close behind those. The year of the remakes/masters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
TOTKS will win most GOTYS TGAS

Psybear.jpg

Funny thing is, I'm pretty sure if BG3 got released in May and TotK in August and not the other way around, people's opinion on both would switch too.

Lupin25

Voted TOTK a few days ago, but everyday I play more BG3 it gets closer to knocking Zelda off that top spot.

The freedom & novelty that this game possesses, gives me BOTW vibes having stepped into the insane 3D scope of Hyrule. TOTK is almost the perfect rendition of that world, but the novelty isn’t there like it was for TOTK or like it is here for BG3.

Can’t wait to dive more into this game.

Last edited:

Alan Wake

Tears of the Kingdom just confirmed once more that Zelda is not for me.

My answer is Resident Evil 4. So happy it turned out to be even more amazing than the original.

I'd like to make a shout out for Bramble: The Mountain King too. What an experience that was.

Handel

BG3 currently, followed by Zelda TOTK. Absolutely amazing year so far, an all time great and the best since 2017.

Dr.Morris79

Gold Member
I know that it'll be Baldurs 3 when I get round to playing it but out of all the games listed I'd go with the Dead Space remake, it was awsome. It's how a remake should be done. A rare game that made me actually want to see it through to the end even though i'd played the originals to death.

The lighting, levels, monsters, sounds and ambience of the whole thing, perfect :messenger_ok:

Topher

Gold Member
Changed my vote from Hogwart's Legacy to Baldur's Gate 3. I hope Starfield is good enough to challenge BD3. That will mean we get another potential all-timer one month apart from each other.

Season 7 Reaction GIF by The Office

DaGwaphics

Justin Timberlake What GIF

Okay. Who put Redfall on the list? :messenger_tears_of_joy:

From the list, I'd have to go with HiFi Rush just because I've played that one. As a cheapass $20 game buyer this is my potential 2024 or 2025 game list.

amigastar

So many good fucking games this year. Gonna go down as a one of the best years in gaming.
It is very good one of the best.
It's so good actually that people forget about smaller games like "Shadow Gambit: The Cursed Crew" coming out on 17th August.

Last edited:

geary

So many good fucking games this year. Gonna go down as a one of the best years in gaming.
And we still have Armored Core 6, Starfield, Alan Wake 2, Avatar, Spiderman, Lies of P, Mortal Kombat 1, AC: Mirage, Lords of the Fallen, Cities Skyline 2, Alone in the Dark, Stalker 2 (possible). Each half of this year would put to shame every year in the past 10 years.

Last edited:
Sadly I've only played Diablo IV and Hi-Fi Rush yet so voted for Diablo.

Do own Zelda but haven't started it. Waiting for a sale on Hogwarts and on having time/Xbox version for Baldur's.

Solidus_T

Previously I would have said it's a toss-up between RE4 Remake, TOTK, and FFXVI, but Baldur's Gate 3 gets it easy no contest really - even with all of these amazing games releasing. We still have Armored Core VI, Spiderman 2, and Starfield coming. What a year in gaming.

LakeOf9

I love TOTK and it’s my GOTY but I hope BG3 wins. TOTK is amazing but Larian deserves recognition for what they achieved

Raven117

Haven't had a chance to play BG3. So I don't know.

As of now, its Zelda, but man...Hogwarts/FFXVI are just slightly...SLLLIIIIGHTLY behind. I was surprised by how much I liked Hogwarts.....FFXVI, there was enough good music, combat and characters to get it up there (though the story, ultimately, didn't deliver on its promise of act 1).

This fall, I will play BG3 and Starfield.

Last edited:

The Stig

TOTK will win and I'd say rightly so, just like the previous game it's a masterpiece. I just wish it ran better.

Despite it's flaws I played the heck out of Jedi survivor on PS5. Good game. Also shout out to RE4 remake. When they added mercenaries it was the cherry on top. *chef's kiss*

My personal game of the year is dead space remake. the graphics, the lighting, the weapons. I love it all.

honorable mentions: Boltgun, Trepang 2, System shock, Jagged Alliance 3,

NOTE - I have not got around to BG3. My GF is playing it and it looks excellent. I will likely get it once I have finished my current Dead Space remake NG+ run

Last edited:

Maestr0

The problem that I have with BG3 that's it's entire essence is cut in half. As I'd play D&d in the last years, I found myself invested into my characters, but BG3 make the mistake IMO, to not have the possibilities to play as a DM, so it's fault is grave, as a gameplay perspective but it doesn't take away the full quality of the player gameplay. It's the 2nd best game of the year for me, take it as you want but my disappointment is still here and I hope they come with a dlc to play as such

Last edited:
Top Bottom