• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Where will you be playing Armored Core VI?

What console will you be using to play Armored Core VI?

• PS5

Votes: 113 41.7%
  • PS4

Votes: 5 1.8%
  • Xbox Series S or X

Votes: 29 10.7%
  • XBONE

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • PC

Votes: 73 26.9%
  • I'm not playing Armored Core

Votes: 48 17.7%
  • Deck

Votes: 3 1.1%

• Total voters
I've been trying to decide which console to choose for playing Armored Core VI, especially since I've never played any AC game with online multiplayer. Last one for me was on PS2.

I already have Game Pass but don't have PlayStation online, so naturally, I'm leaning towards buying it for XSX. Also, I've been more inclined to buy multiplatform games for Xbox, ever since the better performance of CP2077 on XSX compared to PS5.

However, I'll need to make room for Starfield, as it's releasing soon.

So, where are you all planning to play?

Xbox Gamertag: getbangled

Xbox for the controller. The asymmetrical stick layout gives me more precision and the PS5 controller makes my hands ache a bit after a couple of hours - it’s just a little too big.

It deffo ‘feels’ like a PS5 game though…

Xbox for the controller. The asymmetrical stick layout gives me more precision and the PS5 controller makes my hands ache a bit after a couple of hours - it’s just a little too big.

Man, I miss my asymmetrical sticks. If the ps5 had em, it would be my favorite controller easily.

My thoughts exactly.

For some reason this just feels like it should be played on PS5.

And I have the same issues with the PS5 controllers, too, my hands cramp up during extended play sessions.

It's my time to come into a game thread and say, I have Zero interest in thread title game.
Look how great my input in this thread has been. Neogaf is richer for my comment.

You Matter Joe Biden GIF by The Democrats

PS5 by default since my PC has been unreliable for the past year.
Also playing with the dualsense will be awesome for this game with the adaptive triggers and haptics. Pretty crazy that xbox hasn't evolved their controller since last gen. It doesn't even have gyro ffs, but plenty of shitty gimmick controllers like that pizza vape one that actually requires more batteries to power. So fucking stupid.

Aion002

I doubt that the game wil flop, but if it does, the playstation community will keep the mp alive for a long time for sure and since the game doesn't have crossplay...

I pre-ordered on the Ps5.

Hendrick's

If only my penis was as big as my GamerScore!
Not getting this until I get through G3 and Starfield, but undecided on where. Will come down to performance but either XSX or PC.

Fbh

Ps5, like most games.

Crossing my fingers for locked 60fps but it's FROM so you never know.

FoxMcChief

Gold Member
PS5

I figured I’ll need a reason to turn it on, while I’ll always have Starfield active on my Series X.

And for the record, I’m only getting it from GameFly.

Last edited:

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
Ps5, like most games.

Crossing my fingers for locked 60fps but it's FROM so you never know.
I played Elden Ring on my PS5, sure it wasn't locked 60 FPS, but it never got in way of my enjoyment.

BossLackey

Gold Member
PC

Anyone know if it's a solid version? Sekiro was great, but not all of From's games are amazing on PC day one.

Roberts

I'm not even sure I will get it. No doubt an excellent game, but never got the "I have to play it" vibe from watching the videos. Aaand, if I get it, it will be on XSX.

Muffdraul

In my nightmares. In 1996 a kid at work showed me how to do 'the swap trick' to play imports on my 1st gen model PSX, and he loaned me a burned copy of Armored Core 1 JP to practice with. I loathed that game and have never wanted to play AC since.

Pelao

I still haven't decided whether to buy it for Xbox Series X or PS5.
I can get it for ten dollars less on Xbox, which at the moment makes it the better option, but I'm willing to pay the extra ten dollars for the PS5 version if it makes use of the adaptive triggers.

Arsic

Loves his juicy stink trail scent
Did they announce the visual and fps statistics for ps5? Are we 4k 60fps or locked 30? Need to know what the ps5 is rocking to go that route over PC.

Holammer

I don't intend to play it, might get it later on PC if it reviews well and is a widely celebrated hit.
Being a From Software game won't make me interested in mecha games.

Top Bottom