• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which will be next Xbox AAA 90 Metacritic game?

NikuNashi

Must be bad if you are that single console owner at this point. Sony are on fire and Nintendo are doing Nintendo, they cant miss.

Im guessing it will be a while before and Xbox published game reaches 90+, I think they were expecting both Starfield and Fortza to hit 90+ and must have been shocked. Thats a good thing, they will go away and have some self reflection on what is going wrong with the quality control.

Bridges

I believe in Fable

Must be bad if you are that single console owner at this point. Sony are on fire and Nintendo are doing Nintendo, they cant miss.

Im guessing it will be a while before and Xbox published game reaches 90+, I think they were expecting both Starfield and Fortza to hit 90+ and must have been shocked. Thats a good thing, they will go away and have some self reflection on what is going wrong with the quality control.
Xbox only owners aren't frothing over MC scores the way enthusiasts on forums are. They're likely still playing and enjoying Starfield just fine.

ReBurn

Gold Member
You Got Me GIF by HULU

No idea. From my own thoughts, I wish they would release something that got me genuinely enthusiastic about their content and platform, it’s got to a point where I’m even weary about Ninja Theory/Hellblade 2

Last edited:

Codes 208

Now that they own activision, if they had toys for bob or vicarious visions make a faithful banjo reboot/remake, i could see that making 9’s across the board

Otherwise, eh. Their tried and true trio (halo gears and forza) are pretty much burnt out on the good faith of their fans

Last edited:

STARSBarry

Gold Member
The Outer Worlds 2...

and that's a long way away, unless something more indie crops up from one of their studios almost unannounced I don't really see anything else.

SHA

Hellblade 2 possibly? Could get a lot of praise due to its depiction of mental illness. Game looks boring as shit to me personally though. Doesn't help that they haven't shown much of the combat.
The voices actually blind me and makes the view almost impossible, but it's not necessary a bad thing.

SHA

When you put Blizzard team with Ensemble Studios team who's responsible for age of empires, magic happens and I mean in a good way.

T4keD0wN

They can release 95-100 score game tomorrow, just relaunch Heroes of the Storm as Heroes of the Storm 2 on all platform with crossplay and the name being the only changes.
Which god do i need to beg or make sacrifices for to will this into existence?

Last edited:

AmuroChan

Flight Simulator 2024 is a safe bet. It's best in class in what it does, and has virtually no competition. So reviewers have nothing to compare it to. As long as it runs well and looks beautiful, it's going to get 9s from most critics.

Doom Eternal is not a 90+ game.

Best FPS I have ever played.

Not entirely sure if next id game will breach it either. Hard to top that one.

Outside of that i think it will have to be a surprise hit like Hifi rush.

Overall I think critics give higher scores to specific type of games that they don't make.

Top Bottom