• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which will be next Xbox AAA 90 Metacritic game?

yes my friends its all true I bought this thing and the best game is still Flight Simulator will it get another 90?? Doom??? Which is the most possibubble???? help
It's incredibly hard to say but if we get another Forza Horizon next year that's an absolute possibility. Also that huge Flightsim update DLC if the re-review the game that's almost certainly going to score 90+. Loads of games coming and I'm positive at least one will.

SodaZA

A few months ago i would've said the new Forza
But i guess now it would be the new Hellblade and maybe the Indiana Jones game

ES6 & Fable won't live up to the hype, people will be disappointed no matter what

Last edited:

Zuzu

I don’t see any new game that they’ve announced which is set to release in the next couple of years achieving that score. But I do think a number of them have a good likelihood of being 85-89% rated which will still be really good.

I’m hoping that Clockwork Revolution will turn out to be spiritual successor to Bioshock but Bioshock’s stories will be hard to match.

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
Who knows. All of their big-hitter studios that are still working on things have released extremely sparse glimpses of their projects.

At this point I'm just going to assume Flight Simulator 2024.

mrmustard

Banned
I know for some people the 90 is kind of a magical barrier that makes the difference between an outstanding or a mediocre game, but that's stupid. If Spider-Man 2 drops another point to 89, is the game suddenly any worse?

Last edited:

Roberts

Towerbourne: 89-92
Hellblade 2: 85
Fable: 87
Clockwork Revolution: 82
South of Midnight: 86
Flight Sim 24: 90
Awoved: 80

Just having fun, I don’t really care.

Robb

Gold Member
I think Outer Worlds 2 could be really great. Fable might as well, Playground seems like one of their best studios. I could see a new Doom doing pretty great as well if that’s something id is working on.

How? The game seems to be okay, has no bad news since at least a few years and will be given the time it needs as Xbox will have next year to digest ABK properly?

From what we have seen, it can go either way.

Arguably, it will be more entertaining if it was Redfall situation.

But if it's good, it better be pretty good so I have fun playing it.

GymWolf

Op should put a list of future games, my memory is not as good as before.

I guess the disgusting remilkVII part 2 has a chance if we consider how high the previous shitshow scored.

In the year 9999

Its Been A Long Time Waiting GIF

Mary J Blige Journey GIF by Billboard Music Awards

Must be bad if you are that single console owner at this point. Sony are on fire and Nintendo are doing Nintendo, they cant miss.

Im guessing it will be a while before and Xbox published game reaches 90+, I think they were expecting both Starfield and Fortza to hit 90+ and must have been shocked. Thats a good thing, they will go away and have some self reflection on what is going wrong with the quality control.

Takes like this are confusing. Outside of the yearly baseball roster update, Spider-Man is basically all Sony has released this year. If we’re focusing on 90+ meta games, it’s also only their third of the entire PS5 gen. Nintendo had three just this year. Metacritic shows X|S has four 90+ games. Now I know two of those are games that list warriors won’t want to count, but that still leaves two. Versus three. So if we’re harping on this arbitrary review threshold, Sony isn’t on some other level than MS has been this gen.

With regard to the thread topic and 90+… who gives a shit. What if Spider-Man drops a point? Then it’s only as good as Deathloop? 😆 What a silly thing to care about.

Kikorin

Hellblade II will disappoint IMHO, not because will be bad, but because all this expectation are making people believe will be something really different from the first one, when "gameplay" released show that will be really close.

Skelterz

Is the new Xbox Backwards compatible with 360 games? If so fire up Lost odyssey that’s a great RPG that should scratch your itch for a quality game.

Last edited:

Dazraell

New DOOM or Hellblade 2

I would love to say that it would be Obsidian's Avowed, but this game looks really rough. And I say that as someone who really enjoyed Pillars of Eternity's world

LordCBH

I’m hoping Fable turns out well. I’ve got my fingers crossed. Been too long since the last good one (2)

SteadyEvo

Must be bad if you are that single console owner at this point. Sony are on fire and Nintendo are doing Nintendo, they cant miss.

Im guessing it will be a while before and Xbox published game reaches 90+, I think they were expecting both Starfield and Fortza to hit 90+ and must have been shocked. Thats a good thing, they will go away and have some self reflection on what is going wrong with the quality control.
Not really. I have all 3 and the Series X gets the most play by a country mile.

The PS5 has been used to play remakes/remasters of games from PS4, TLOU1&2, Uncharted, Death Stranding. Yea they release bangers but they’re few and far between. No interest in VR so I feel they’re wasting resources there. Some of their games are overrated. Looking at Horizon and Ghost of Ubisoft.

Nintendo is Nintendo. There since childhood. Buying Mario Wonder tomorrow. But similar to PlayStation I dust it off a few times a year.

To answer OPs question. Next 10/10 for Xbox is Gamepass.

Last edited:

Senua

Even then I think it will need to be radically different from the last few to achieve this.

The franchise has got stale. They pretty much perfected the formula with 3 and then somehow made 4 and 5 even worse by heavily dumbing them down for a wider audiences.

But yeah, I agree it’s still the most likely game.
3 was already dumbed down as hell, after 2 they just did away with progression and you already start as the star of horizon, with Bugatti's and Lambos thrown at you. because I guess starting from the bottom and climbing up the ranks is too boring for gen z, or at least in their minds

Taur007

It's only bad if you play scores, just because starfield and Forza didn't reach a 90 doesn't mean a single console (Xbox) owner can't enjoy them

Years away at the very least i believe. But not because the games will be bad. It doesn't matter the game or the effort by the game developers, many Reviewers have a bias. This will make it unlikely that any game built for the system will reach an aggregate of 90 or higher.

It's not even a bias sometimes. Trash talking games brings in the views to their sites.

Tin foil hat opinion? Perhaps. But search into your hearts, you know it to be true.

Top Bottom