• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which will be next Xbox AAA 90 Metacritic game?

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
I’d be shocked if Hellblade 2 can be even called a game, regardless of the score.

What does it matter, anyway? If a Xbox exclusive gets 90+ metascores in the next few years, people will say MS bribed the press and goalposts will be moved to another galaxy to not acknowledge the game might actually be that good.

None as they do not have the mindshare. I have played some awful 9s and some entertaining 6s and much like in cinema the aggregate scores for this medium have zero correlation to my enjoyment of its products.

The desire to have a +90 goty quality on Xbox like Zelda or God of War has become an obsession in recent years.

Last edited:
Gears of War 6 ....

I Hope Please GIF

samoilaaa

hellblade 2 if it will have a great story and a way better combat than the 1st one

gears 6 if they will try to make the world/characters more interesting , the main character in gears 5 was so bland

Grildon Tundy

Gold Member
I know for some people the 90 is kind of a magical barrier that makes the difference between an outstanding or a mediocre game, but that's stupid. If Spider-Man 2 drops another point to 89, is the game suddenly any worse?
I consider myself rational, but if I'm honest: yes. There are so many good games to play that I tend to focus on 90+ as a filter. Then look to below that if I'm a fan of the genre.

N30RYU

They don't wanma make 10/10 games... not even 11/10 games... they just need to score 7 or 8 to keep ppl subscribed to gamepass, not worth for them at this point to invest the extra money needed to polish a game to made it a 9 or a 10... they just need a steady stream of games each month

Last edited:
There's quite a few with potential, but they might be a ways off:
  • Gears 6 - the conclusion of the Coalition Trilogy
  • Forza Horizon 6 - probably 1-2 years off
  • Next Double Fine title
  • Next id Software game
  • Dishonored 3 if the leaks are true
As for the upcoming games (Fable and Hellblade 2) I have my doubts they'll be 90+ on Metacritic.

The problem with Microsoft games is they release 7/10 games than over the years they become amazing
Sea of thrives and Halo infinite are prime examples of this
Halo infinite ATM is the best most feature rich multiplayer game of this generation but it took it more than a year and a abysmal launch to get there .
Same thing will happen to Forza Motorsport mark my words

Top Bottom