• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Which Zelda has the best Ganons ever?

Best Ganon?

• TOTK

Votes: 13 13.8%
  • Twighlight Proncess

Votes: 9 9.6%
  • Windwaker

Votes: 31 33.0%
  • Ocarina of Time

Votes: 27 28.7%
  • Phillips CDI

Votes: 3 3.2%
  • NES Ganon

Votes: 4 4.3%
  • A Ganon you didnt pick

Votes: 7 7.4%

• Total voters

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
TOTK is the bests Ganon fights but which is the best art designs? Competition is stiff Ganon is one of the coolest villains of all times.

TOTK Ganon
Switch_TLOZ_TOTK_Screen_17.jpg

d96882301d1c00c943dec51f79f0cac50c73ce33.gifv

7ec6bae9-1ac9-4b39-89ef-3bcfaae2dcd7-zelda-tears-of-the-kingdom-ganondorflarge.jpg

Windwaker Ganon
link-ganondorf-wind-waker-final-battle.jpg

tww3.png

BOTW Ganon wtf evens is this?
cob7o8p6lnesqpru3ls9.png

Twilight Princess Ganon
60f8488ce8b98.jpg

879654.png

1aa261a2c12a0a97-600x338.jpg

Nes Ganon
43f46aa78af4eef2-600x338.png

Pillips CDI Ganon
Side-by-side-view-of-Ganon-threatening-Zelda-in-Zelda-The-Wand-Of-Gamelon-and-threatening-Link-in-Link-The-Faces-Of-Evil.jpg

Ocarina of Time Ganon

4127659-ocarinaoftimeganon.png

The-Legend-of-Zelda-The-Ocarina-of-Time-600x338.jpg

kunonabi

I don't like Ganondorf much personally though I'd go with the TP one out of them. TotK Ganondorf has been pretty underwhelming so far but maybe that changes.

It's all about A Link to the Past Ganon for me.

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
I don't like Ganondorf much personally though I'd go with the TP one out of them. TotK Ganondorf has been pretty underwhelming so far but maybe that changes.

It's all about A Link to the Past Ganon for me.
TOTK has by fars the best Ganon fights I tinks but for me artist is tied between Windwaker and TOTK

Codes 208

Design-wise: OoT

Story-wise: Wind waker

Though credit where its due, i really do like how he was implemented in TotK. Kudos to his voice actor for how damn amazing his introduction was when he broke the master sword

Last edited:

cireza

Hyrule Warriors (the first one, not that BotW spin-off slideshow) has the best designs from all Zelda games, thanks to Koei Tecmo.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

The Wind Waker, for obvious reasons,but it was the combo of OoT+TWW that made the best Ganondorf,it simply won't be repeated

I also like how TotK Ganondorf is a mix of all his incarnations

*Ocarina of Time backstory
*Twilight Princess(and a little of Demise's) personality
*The Wind Waker japanese inspired robes
*Demon form very similar to Demise
*and its a new reincarnation, similar to Four Sword Adventures

Last edited:

Alexios

Cores, shaders and BIOS oh my!
Lol @ making this thread just to spoil a new game's big bad for people. Why does your Twilight Princess (and how the fuck do you spell that so wrong?) Ganon look so derpy when he was such a badass? Mods?

Last edited:

ResurrectedContrarian

Suffers with mild autism
I actually like the BOTW approach most, where he's an embodiment of spewing evil that morphs between inhuman forms and nightmarish shapes. I don't really care for the humanoid Ganon... even in the NES original he was more of a weird beast.

In Twilight Princess I always felt he looked like the perfect balance of Menacing and Dignified. TP’s art direction was always top tier even if they couldn’t fully realize it on the GC.

JTPkoiP.jpg

Plus the sword fight at the end was cool as hell (and better than in WW) No Zelda there shooting him in the back, just a 1v1 in the field from the title screen movie.

Last edited:

Rran

I'm not the biggest fan of Ganondorf but Wind Waker's clearly the top dog here. His design and characterization have never been better.

But beast/pig Ganon is my favorite. I prefer big monsters for my Zelda boss battles rather than sword fights against anime baddies.

Last edited:

Astral Dog

I actually like the BOTW approach most, where he's an embodiment of spewing evil that morphs between inhuman forms and nightmarish shapes. I don't really care for the humanoid Ganon... even in the NES original he was more of a weird beast.
I like this idea but i don't believe they pushed it enough,Calamity Ganon was a dissapointment since he ended up so weak, but they would need to up the game's Age rating i think

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Nintendo went with Ganon as their main villain and they never looked back, Bowser is pretty good but Ganon saves the franchise again and again.

Thaedolus

SSJ3 Ganon from TotK is pretty epic. As much as I liked BotW, Calamity was always a weird non villain, like some force of nature with no personality.

But the correct answer is Wind Waker Ganon.

MiguelItUp

Honestly, OoT or TP Ganondorfs/Ganons were my absolute favorite. I just loved his look. I really liked TotK's by the end of it as well. Never really cared for his look in Wind Waker. But even then, I just love Ganon/Ganondorf period, so I'm happy regardless as long as he's present, lol.

cireza

This is me.

I rarely criticize the excellent sprites on the franchise but in this case, I really had no idea what I was looking at and I'm not sure if I ever figured out that he's supposed to look like the guy on the left.
Not a good sprite but it is not helped by the fact that it is symmetrical. Good shading is essential to a proper understanding, and symmetry never works with lighting.

NeoIkaruGAF

Gold Member
This is me.

I rarely criticize the excellent sprites on the franchise but in this case, I really had no idea what I was looking at and I'm not sure if I ever figured out that he's supposed to look like the guy on the left.
The fact that the color scheme is completely different in the artwork vs the in-game sprite doesn’t help. The sprite is quite goofy too, with that turban being taller than the actual face. And with Link having pink hair, you’d be forgiven for thinking that green on Aghanim is hair too.

peronmls

I’m a sucker for the art in Twilight Princess in general, so TP Ganondorf for me.

As for Ganon, I still think OOT has the coolest design and battle. The later entries have been more focused on spectacle than anything else.
He also has the most detail out of any of the games.

Gambit2483

Ocarina of Time Ganon because he actually made Ganon a real Villain to be feared. Before that he was always some weird half pig, half man comic book villain.

Also, I've only seen one cutscene with TOTK Ganon so I can't really vote for him yet but he does seem pretty badasss so far.

Top Bottom