• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy Horizon: Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster? (Assuming rumor is true)

Will you buy Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

Nankatsu

Gold Member
Buy a remake of a game that I played this year and already thought it was good enough as it was? Let me see...

No Way Thinking GIF

TrebleShot

Yes of course, I love games that are specifically coded and built for the PS5 and this is no different. I got the game and finished it 5 years ago and go my moneys worth and I’d be happy to pay for it again and play it with enhancements.

However I hope it’s more open than the previous game as in if a ps5 pro released it wouldn’t need patching or anything and would run at higher fidelity etc, thus removing the need To remaster again in the future

The PS5 remake will no doubt include the vast amount of next gen improvements:
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Higher texture resolution
  • Better 3D models
  • Better lightings & shadows
  • Better visual effects
  • DualSense Haptic Feedback
  • DualSense Adaptive Triggers support
  • DualSense gyroscope support
  • 3D Audio
  • More accessibility options
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
RT is very very optimistic. The current PS4 game is already a very clean and stable 4K CBR (not ugly 1800p CBR upscaled to 4K like Horizon 2) at 60fps on PS5.

b0uncyfr0

I don't think this is happening - they've already sold it on PC. It'd have to be kinda cheap and i dont think Sony will take the risk.

Or alternatively, it could come as pre-order bonus with the Forbidden West PC release (which is inevitable at some point)

Kokoloko85

Hell no. And that comes from someone who likes the games.
Waste of time and resources, even if there s reasonable price upgrade like £10, I can’t see myself playing it again.

I rarely replay games especially big open world games

Last edited:

Justin9mm

And ppl said Last of Us remake was too soon. That was somewhat justified being made on older tech and it was one of the greats. HZD is not of that caliber.

Are we talking remake or upgrade because it sounds like an upgrade/remaster.

Loxus

No PS4 game should be remake.
Remastered or Director's Cut is most likely what we will get.

Absolutely not.

Personally, I would rather the developers committed their resources into DLC expansions for Forbidden West than a remake/remaster of the previous game. It already runs at 60 fps and checkerboarded 4K on the PS5 and looks perfectly fine; there's no real need for a new version at this point. I half suspect that Sony are doing this to make up for a lack of other exclusives on PS5 and, if true, then it makes me a little disappointed. What is the betting that this is another full-price £70 release?

SpokkX

No, just no

I enjoyed Tlou part 1 - because that og game is a CLASSIC

Horizon zd was a typical flawed open world from 2016. After the sequel i am totally burned out on the Horizon gameplay format

S0ULZB0URNE

The PS5 remake will no doubt include the vast amount of next gen improvements:
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Higher texture resolution
  • Better 3D models
  • Better lightings & shadows
  • Better visual effects
  • DualSense Haptic Feedback
  • DualSense Adaptive Triggers support
  • DualSense gyroscope support
  • 3D Audio
  • More accessibility options
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
FU Sony if the above happens.

SlimySnake

Flashless at the Golden Globes
4k 60 fps lmao

horizon fw can’t even do 40 fps at native 4k. They had to reduce it by half to 4kcb to get to 40 and 1800cb to do 60 fps.

This game is based on the HFW engine. Not a ps5 engine. Don’t expect miracles.

taizuke

I put nearly 300+ into Death Stranding when it came out on PS4 and i remember saying to myself "i ain't doing this again" only to change my mind later and do it again with the Director's Cut on PS5. But, with Death Stranding despite the convoluted story and crazy performances has a simplicity that when i spend enough time away from it i can come back later and somehow it feels fresh again.

Zero Dawn on the other hand doesn't give me that feel at all even though i loved my time playing it. To top it off I'm currently playing Forbidden West which I've put 220+ hours into and aside from the story being better in ZD, FW pretty much destroys ZD in all other aspects.

So, the remake would have to cure cancer in order for me to consider it.

Last edited:

BadBurger

Is 'That Pure Potato'
No. I have a PS5, Horizon running at 60 fps is already a pretty game, and besides, I could always get the PC version and crank it to the max as is.

Filben

I've just finished Forbidden West. There's no reason to go back to sequel; FW was an improvement gameplay-wise and continued the story, so I have no reason to go back to it for the next ten years.

clarky

Gold Member
No, just no

I enjoyed Tlou part 1 - because that og game is a CLASSIC

Horizon zd was a typical flawed open world from 2016. After the sequel i am totally burned out on the Horizon gameplay format
The Robot design was fantastic and some of the locations looked amazing. Everything else about the game not so much. Aside from a technical stand point i don't rate the developers output at all.

Easy pass from me.

Last edited:

Drizzlehell

Banned
Ah.. you mean giving her makeup, letting her smile and fully modeling her boobs like in FW?

ij2cAtX.png

sgvJRJE.png

f0Y7CxR.png

aBJhpxl.png

50jfLEm.png

31GpYGe.png

QbPqK8h.png

vuy25Fo.png

Please do.
Settle down, mate. Don't you remember when some nerds got their knickers in a twist because she has a visible peach fuzz in this game? That's what I was referring to lol

Also, is that outfit really in the game? Seems weirdly exploitative to do it with a character who's supposed to be this strong female role model or whatever.

graywolf323

only if it’s like GoT where it’s a director’s cut with an upgrade price, it’s not like The Last of Us Part 1 which was based on an remaster of a PS3 game and there’s significant upgrades

jorgejjvr

Everyone here put no, but obviously Lou part 1 sold enough to warrant this, so even with the majority here saying now, chances are it sells gangbusters for $70

Nah, you can tell the game could use some work on the cutscenes and animations, but I'm good.

Remember, Sony remastered Spider-man 2018. It's all about how Jimbo is gonna handle this. Horizon Collection (Remaster + MP + FW)? Who knows 🤡

Warnen

Don't pass gaas, it is your Destiny!
I might toss a fiver for a pc upgrade if adds nice stuff, that’s about it though.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Nah, you can tell the game could use some work on the cutscenes and animations, but I'm good.

Remember, Sony remastered Spider-man 2018. It's all about how Jimbo is gonna handle this. Horizon Collection (Remaster + MP + FW)? Who knows 🤡
At least you can get that remaster at quarter of the price (as long as you manage to find it behind some convoluted payment scheme involving the deluxe edition of Miles Morales). There's no way in hell that I will ever pay full 70 buckaroos for a remaster of a game that's under 5 years old and still looks and plays like a modern title.

Hell, I'm not even willing to pay the full price for recent "remake" of The Last of Us. That's just ridiculous.

Last edited:
Top Bottom