• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy Horizon: Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster? (Assuming rumor is true)

Will you buy Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

EDMIX

but fucks sake, come up with something original rather than re-creating

Well...the amount working on this remaster isn't the same as the folks likely making the engine for part 3.

So that isn't a instead of or "rather" or something. It will be years before they might be done with some Decima 2 engine or something. The team that makes that engine stuff will work on it, the other half will do the MP stuff, remaster etc as they still need jobs until then.

Its not what many think. This isn't being made in place of Horizon 3, just like The Last Of Us remaster wasn't made in place of The Last Of Us part 2.

The remaster took less then 1 year, part 2 took 7 years and 2000 plus developers. Think carefully here...to ask them NOT to make the remaster, oh but start part 2 instead, The Last Of Us not only sells less units, the team has to lay off a lot of that staff until the engine to part 2 is done, the staff they do have knows PS4 even less as they didn't do the remaster and it doesn't take 7 years, it would likely take 8 or 9 or something, consider they'd have less money.

So....let the 100 or so who work on this get paid, learn PS5 more and then move on to the other 400 plus still working on Horizon 3, that shit could literally take 6 years before we see it, having them have less money won't help that situation.

hemo memo

Gold Member
Why would you buy something that will be at a bargain bin price in a very short period? I don’t burn money.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
FUCK NO! I actually enjoyed original TLOU but I still refused buy the remake, let alone Horizon which I didn’t enjoy original game on PS4 at all, no amount of eye candy graphics gonna get me suffer through that game again.

Last edited:

Alphagear

Magic No GIF by Morphin

EDMIX

Wouldn’t even play it if it was free. Platted the game in April 2021. Seen and done it all, and there’s nothing that could pull me back for a second playthrough.

Same.

I like the game and all, but after 100 hours....I've seen what I want to see lol I rarely play RPGs twice nowdays. Back in the day, it was nothing for me to go thru FFX like 4 times or FFXII many times or Xenosaga or something, but I'm about that once over life now. Give me the fucking cliffnotes, once over and move on.

I'll return 2 generations later for that remake lol

Two ways I think this will go:

1. They release a remaster with a $10 upgrade fee for the people who own the first game already
2. They will release a bundle for 1/2 that will be remastered specifically for PS5 and will include DLC and Co-op for $70

The MP mode will definitely be free to play but I doubt they will just release Horizon 1 for $70

Last edited:

McGILLAZ

Well...the amount working on this remaster isn't the same as the folks likely making the engine for part 3.

So that isn't a instead of or "rather" or something. It will be years before they might be done with some Decima 2 engine or something. The team that makes that engine stuff will work on it, the other half will do the MP stuff, remaster etc as they still need jobs until then.

Its not what many think. This isn't being made in place of Horizon 3, just like The Last Of Us remaster wasn't made in place of The Last Of Us part 2.

The remaster took less then 1 year, part 2 took 7 years and 2000 plus developers. Think carefully here...to ask them NOT to make the remaster, oh but start part 2 instead, The Last Of Us not only sells less units, the team has to lay off a lot of that staff until the engine to part 2 is done, the staff they do have knows PS4 even less as they didn't do the remaster and it doesn't take 7 years, it would likely take 8 or 9 or something, consider they'd have less money.

So....let the 100 or so who work on this get paid, learn PS5 more and then move on to the other 400 plus still working on Horizon 3, that shit could literally take 6 years before we see it, having them have less money won't help that situation.

Your point is well made, but I still feel that this is becoming more the norm for most developers (remakes or reimagining that are then charged full price for ...or in this case, potentially more than the original title cost). I've been into video games for a very, VERY long time and this is not a precedent I will support.

I didn't buy The Last of Us Part 1 either, and likely won't touch it till it's $20 or less.

Samrf89

let's just keep playing the same games over and over and over. let's keep perpetuating the soulless, devoid-of creativity-or-ideas, greedy, dead-eyed gaming industry. let's just keep fucking doing it.

christ in hell some of you are fucking dumb.

The PS5 remake will no doubt include the vast amount of next gen improvements:
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Higher texture resolution
  • Better 3D models
  • Better lightings & shadows
  • Better visual effects
  • DualSense Haptic Feedback
  • DualSense Adaptive Triggers support
  • DualSense gyroscope support
  • 3D Audio
  • More accessibility options
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.

... but still ultimately the exact same game... so, no, thanks.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
I passed on The Last of Us Part 1 remaster and will do so here. No reason for me to buy this game which will most likely be $70 when I already completed it years ago.

Kvally

Banned
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Better 3D models
  • Better visual effects
  • 3D Audio
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
If it's a free upgrade for us that already own the game, then I am in! Not that I would play it again 😂

Quantum253

That's a no for me.
I can see someone picking up the "definitive" edition if they've never played the original.
However, the story/game mechanics/fights aren't enough to pay $70 for only visual and performance upgrades. For me, Horizon was/is a one play through game and not worth going back.

TheGecko

Banned
Imagine wasting time making this instead of making something new?

Mind you, they know their market audience really well don't they. #milking

• Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Better 3D models
  • Better visual effects
  • 3D Audio
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
Will it have uncapped vrr support?

This is a silly question.

Of course, most here won't buy it, because they probably already played it on PS4 and it's too young to warrant a remaster anyway.

That said, for players who never played it on PS4 and bought a PS5, then it will be the definitive version for them.

I'm not gonna lie, I do think Sony is dumb for remastering this, if true. A free PS5 patch would have garnered Sony a lot better PR. That said, I'm not naive enough to think there isn't a market for it.... I'm clearly not part of that market. But it does exist.

kyliethicc

It's going to be a native PS5 app like all their games are getting. They will add the lighting, textures, shaders, I/O features, haptics, etc, to bring it up to HFW levels.

My bet, if they have a multiplayer element as well, it will be accessible from either game, just like UC4/LL with their multiplayer and $10 native PS5 app if you own the previous one.
Yup. The Horizon Online game is def standalone, but it could sold bundled too idk.

Seems like a similar thing could be done with The Last of Us. Two story games, and an online game.

Apocryphon

• Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Better 3D models
  • Better visual effects
  • 3D Audio
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
Yeah, and you're the fucking problem with this trend bru.

Beechos

Hell no. Game is good but not a classic by any means and is also fairly modern. Gow of war triogy remake on the other hand.

93xfan

Banned
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Better 3D models
  • Better visual effects
  • 3D Audio
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.
Hope it is announced like you said. Not because I want it, but for the entertainment these forums would bring

Yes of course, I love games that are specifically coded and built for the PS5 and this is no different. I got the game and finished it 5 years ago and go my moneys worth and I’d be happy to pay for it again and play it with enhancements.

However I hope it’s more open than the previous game as in if a ps5 pro released it wouldn’t need patching or anything and would run at higher fidelity etc, thus removing the need To remaster again in the future
That’s the only reason I’m cool with this it better have uncapped vrr support in all modes

Nah, you can tell the game could use some work on the cutscenes and animations, but I'm good.

Remember, Sony remastered Spider-man 2018. It's all about how Jimbo is gonna handle this. Horizon Collection (Remaster + MP + FW)? Who knows 🤡
That last part is also why I’m likely not buy it

YukiOnna

Good god no. The meaning of Remaster & Remake will be lost at this rate.
Not even if it's $10 as this should be a free update.

Crayon

Heck no I liked that game and it was fuckin looooong. Same for the second one. I'm horizoned out till 3 comes out.

Mr Reasonable

Completely Unreasonable
Hopefully they'll start making the remasters at the same time as the original game so they can get them out faster. I'm thinking in a couple of years:

Launch:
Standard Edition
Enhanced Edition (w/ cosmetic items)
Ultra Edition (cosmetic items, season pass and a horrible plastic statue).

9 months later:
Game of the year Edition- priced as Enhanced Edition but includes season pass

14 months from launch, announce remaster.

18 months after launch: now with (lower case: dynamic) 4k (!) And 120fps (1080p) mode. Doesn't include season pass.

Only works for single format games, nobody cares about games that are multiplatform.

reinking

Gold Member
No. I have played it before. However, if I had not played it, I would definitely wait for the remaster.

Top Bottom