• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Will you buy Horizon: Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster? (Assuming rumor is true)

Will you buy Horizon Zero Dawn PS5 Remaster?

• Yes

• No

Results are only viewable after voting.

clarky

Gold Member
I might toss a fiver for a pc upgrade if adds nice stuff, that’s about it though.
We have modders for that. If they think they can add a few extra shinny bits on pc and re sell it or try and sell an "upgrade" they'll get a shock.

Last edited:

Vick

Settle down, mate. Don't you remember when some nerds got their knickers in a twist because she has a visible peach fuzz in this game? That's what I was referring to lol
Of course I do, the Aloy drama surrounding this game was probably the lowest point reached by the gaming audience in the last 10 years. Made me agree with super far-left weirdos, that's how fucked up it was.

Also, is that outfit really in the game? Seems weirdly exploitative to do it with a character who's supposed to be this strong female role model or whatever.
Of course it is. Same for the tons of makeup you can acquire (the eyeliner sported by default can only be removed in Photo-Mode) and sexy poses/expressions available.

omegasc

As much as I liked it, I prefer to have that money spent in the third part. For 70 bucks (...or 350 BRL) no way. It's a great game and I played nothing but that back then, but it's a step below "The Last of Us" for me. And I still didn't buy Part 1, waiting for that sweet discount.

EDMIX

The PS5 remake will no doubt include the vast amount of next gen improvements:
  • Instant load time
  • Ray-tracing
  • 4k60fps
  • Higher texture resolution
  • Better 3D models
  • Better lightings & shadows
  • Better visual effects
  • DualSense Haptic Feedback
  • DualSense Adaptive Triggers support
  • DualSense gyroscope support
  • 3D Audio
  • More accessibility options
  • Bug fixes
Assuming it cost $70.

Personally I can’t wait.

Nope.

But I have no issue with anyone who does, especially new gamers as they are in for a treat. If its anything like the Spiderman remaster, it will likely be $39.99, only way I see it costing $70 is if its MP included or something.

Drizzlehell

Banned
Of course I do, the Aloy drama surrounding this game was probably the lowest point reached by the gaming audience in the last 10 years. Made me agree with super far-left weirdos, that's how fucked up it was.

Of course it is. Same for the tons of makeup you can acquire (the eyeliner sported by default can only be removed in Photo-Mode) and sexy poses/expressions available.
Huh, okay I just googled it and apparently it's more like a camera exploit (ba-dum tss) rather than an official costume that reveals her boobies. Still, what a weird thing to do if the character was never meant to be shown nude in the game.

Maybe they intended to have a more developed romance subplot with sex scenes.

Fbh

Lol no.

Remasters/remakes of games which are only a gen old are already a tough sell for me. But when I can play the original game on my Ps5 and it even got a 60fps patch I see even less reason to buy it.
I'd rather spend my games on new games that remakes/remasters of games which IMO still look and play fine.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
The reports say it’s more of a remaster like Spider-man got.
It's going to be a native PS5 app like all their games are getting. They will add the lighting, textures, shaders, I/O features, haptics, etc, to bring it up to HFW levels.

My bet, if they have a multiplayer element as well, it will be accessible from either game, just like UC4/LL with their multiplayer and $10 native PS5 app if you own the previous one.

Last edited:
V3eQGrk.gif

Vick

Huh, okay I just googled it and apparently it's more like a camera exploit (ba-dum tss) rather than an official costume that reveals her boobies. Still, what a weird thing to do if the character was never meant to be shown nude in the game.
Oh, I thought you simply meant the armor. lol

Maybe they intended to have a more developed romance subplot with sex scenes.
Maybe they saw the amount of nude Mods made for the first game and decided to do them themselves instead.

No, i didn’t like HZD enough to play it again, the sequel I love.

I’m not going back to not having gliders and flying mounts.

Last edited:
Nope, But just because I am not interested doesn't mean it needs to not exist.

Some people love that game and will double dip and once the show drops more people will be interested in playing the first and second game.

Last edited:

ahtlas7

I already own 3 Horizon iterations. I've seen all they have to offer so until they make significant changes I'll be passing on more Horizon anythings.

Aenima

Nop. Already bought the original and got the complete edition for free when Sony offered 10 games for a campaign to stay at home because covid.
I havent bought a single remartered game that i already own the original.

None of the enhancement features listed in OP matter to me.

I platinumed the original game and can't see much value for revisiting it, let alone with a 70 bucks tag.

vpance

I wonder how well Horizon 2 sold. Must have been good if they think there's still an audience that wants to play the first one.

skit_data

I’ll buy it if it has a cheap upgrade path, otherwise I won’t bother.
I like Horizon but it’s not like Bloodborne, which I’d easily pay full price for even if it would just mean higher res and 60fps.

mrcroket

The question is why sony didn't called ps5 ps4 pro 2? Same games with better graphics... but paying for it (at least firt ps4 pro generation has free updates)

bender

What time is it?
Nope. Spider Man is the only open world game from Sony that I've enjoyed. I am really curious what Sony will offer as an upgrade option as they've lacked consistency on that front with Tsushima and Spider Man.

EDMIX

Nope. Spider Man is the only open world game from Sony that I've enjoyed. I am really curious what Sony will offer as an upgrade option as they've lacked consistency on that front with Tsushima and Spider Man.

better grass physics bitch, the fuck! lol

Be like "46% more wind"

Last edited:

EDMIX

This is why I love gaf.

DQB1aNG.jpg

Shit, I'm commenting against most who are crying over this remaster as I feel the exaggeration is a bit much and most don't offer a valid or logical reason against it.....and even I still said no lol

I'll have my views on how I see such things, but rarely is a personal thing with me having any skin in the game. I like Horizon, put over 100 hours in it, but I like it as a once over lol Not enough to play a remaster, but I'm fine with those who want such a thing and for new comers or something. Most of us on here are that hardcore bunch that already played this game so its not shocking most of us won't buy it tbh.

McGILLAZ

It'll likely be $70 which is a no-no for me. I suppose it's not wise to call this lazy (devs gonna dev)...but fucks sake, come up with something original rather than re-creating the same damn thing over and over again. Additionally, I tried no less than 3 times to play the original version and could not get into it.

Top Bottom