• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will you keep your PS4 beside your PS5?

magnumpy

just curious what to do once PS5 launches. PS5 is supposed to be backwards compatible with PS4, so there is no need for both correct? when I get a new watch I only wear the new one, although I have two arms so why not wear them both? what's the deal with airplane food?? D:

Batiman

Banned
Hopefully I’ll be able to put it away and ps5 is fully backwards compatible. Too many consoles not enough space

If there’s true backwards compatibility where all my existing games work out of box, then I’m tossing the PS4 completely. Why have an inferior console to play games when the PS5 will play the physical and digital games I own?

Justin9mm

Not a collector, once I have set up the PS5, the PS4 Pro will be sold off.. It helps re-coup some cash back for PS5

Bullet Club

I'm going to put the PS5 on top of the PS4 so they can hump and make a baby.

9WNl3Qi.jpg

Maybe not.

Last edited:

RavageX

I might actually get rid of my PS4 Pro. I almost never get rid of consoles, but my pro sometimes doesn't load discs without lite persuasion so......it might have to go.

magnumpy

come to think of it I don't really have a lot of room left for the PS5 in my entertainment center. I'm talking a matter of millimeters here. PS4 fits just barely but if PS5 is any larger, like say just the size of the PS4 Pro, and I'm looking at a complete reshuffling of how I have things organized. first world problems are a insurmountable burden :messenger_loudly_crying:

Pallas

Gold Member
Will be dependent on how backwards compatible it will be with PS4 games and PSVR compatibility.

small_law

I traded in both my original Xbox One and PS4 when I upgraded to the PS4 Pro and One X. I don't do that typically, but I just didn't see the point in having them. It was really easy to get rid of that original Xbox One, let me tell you.

Until plans are backwards compatibility/cross generation support are made clear, I'm planning on hanging on to both half step consoles for now. I don't see myself trading in either of them. I didn't trade in my original PlayStation or PlayStation 2 because of the backwards compatibility in the launch PS2 or PS3 respectfully.

PocoJoe

Banned
Sell it just before ps5 launch

Plan were to trade it into gamestop but they will shut down all their stores atvmy country and go out of business in april.

If BC it'll go in the closet, if it's true that the PS5 is BC with 1-4 my PS3 will go there two.
It'll be a much better living room for sure.

Danjin44

The nicest person on this forum
If I can't play my PS4 games I already own on PS5 then yes I will keep my PS4.

Inviusx

I've kept my PS3 connected since I got got my PS4 because of that "you never know when you might want to boot up an old PS3 game" feeling.

As of 2020 I haven't turned it on in 6 years.

So no, my PS4 Pro will be traded in towards the 5.

Sussoloc

I only keep my offline only Nintendo + Sega consoles. Those pc like consoles where every game needs online patches are not worth keeping (till the zombie apocalypse). I will sell my PS4 next month and my X a month before the XSX release.

Virex

Banned
My PS3 is still plugged in and I still use it a lot. So if the PS5 comes out and it has BC I will still use my PS4. Never sold any of my consoles and still have them all

lachesis

Most likely, it will go to my basement retro station - otherwise it will be boxed up and put into my closet.
I wonder if Sony would allow PS5 to play other than PS4... that's actually more important for me. If PS5 can play and recognize all the games I bought on PS3 (for PS2 classic and some PS1 games, as well as maybe some Vita/PSP games) - It would greatly help me to de-clutter the ones in the retro station. :)
It's confusing as heck, as while I have all these purchases, only some appear on PS4 and some appear on PS3, etc....

Yeah I dunno.

I stuck a dark blue vinyl wrap on my PS4 Pro.
I will change that vinyl to match the look of PS5.
If PS5 is shiny piano black, then I will get a matching PS4 Pro vinyl so that I can display them beneath my 4KTV

Last edited:

Ar¢tos

Yes. Next to my ps3 and ps4. I have 2 TVs next to each other and I use the ps3 and ps4 (on a switch) for Dvds and streaming apps. With the ps5 I won't need the switch anymore (my ps4 doesn't read discs).
I've kept my PS3 connected since I got got my PS4 because of that "you never know when you might want to boot up an old PS3 game" feeling.

As of 2020 I haven't turned it on in 6 years.

So no, my PS4 Pro will be traded in towards the 5.
You never know. I didn't game on my ps3 since I got the ps4 but kept it for any game I might have missed and any game I would want to play again (besides being my dvd/bluray player) and in November last year I got the itch to play a ps3 game and ended up getting platinum of 3 ps3 games in a row. The graphics didn't bother me at all. There is no hurry for nextgen as long as good games keep being released.

dispensergoinup

Gold Member
I'll probably bring the PS4 to my room and hook it up along with the Switch there.

Keep the PS5 in the living room for couch gaming.

shaddam

My 2TB ps4 will be relocated to my parents, next to my secondary ps3. If I'm eating some lángos on the weekends and I want some gaming atleast I have more choice :messenger_tears_of_joy:
I never sold my consoles, only my c64 as a child, and I really regretted it. Furtunately I bought one a few years ago.

TGO

Hype Train conductor. Works harder than it steams.
If PS5 is actually BC with All PlayStations?
Then no, both my PS4 PRO and PS3 will retire to the shelf next to my PSX and PS2 for display
My original PS4 is in another room so maybe switch it with the Pro

Last edited:
Top Bottom