• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will you keep your PS4 beside your PS5?

Naibel

I usually keep my consoles, but the PS4 could be an exception if PS5 has perfect BC (or at least if every game of my library runs perfectly on it).

I don't like the PS4 Pro as a console. It's a big, fat, heavy, and loud piece of crap. If the PS5 makes everything this machine does but queiter and with a smaller footprint, then I will sold it without remorse.

And I'm pretty sure next-gen consoles will be around 500/600 $. Selling my PS4 will at lease save me 100/150$.

Mr Hyde

No. I'll give it to my GF so she can watch Netflix, HBO, Blu-ray etc. I gave her my old fat PS3 so I feel it's time for her to upgrade.

ethomaz

Banned
After PS5 my PS4 will become a museum piece.
Same happened with PS3 to PS4.

Last edited:

SleepDoctor

Banned
Kinda wanna keep mine but idk. Im on the fence about it. I have a 2tb hdd in it too and don't know what i did with the original. So i wouldn't wanna give it away with it.

Mista

Banned
No. Like always, it’ll be in a special closet with my PS3, PS2, PS1, Xbox 360, OG Xbox, Wii, GameCube and DreamCast.

FranXico

Won't need to at all, if the PS5 is BC. Planning on giving my old PS4 to my brother in law once I get the PS5.

Last edited:

xrnzaaas

I'm not planning on selling my PS4. I'll probably still use PS4 for the first few months to play games I haven't finished (that's assuming PS4 saves won't be compatible with PS5 ones).

If PS5 has 100% compatibility with everything on disc and digital from PS4, I don't see any reason to keep the PS4, no. If not, yeah of course I'll keep it. Like I have with all consoles that have any worthwile games that I still want to play every now and then.

magnumpy

I see a lot of you planning on re-gifting. that would work out great for me as I still have the PS4 box it came in.
assuming BC works out well, I need to play TAPS before my old friend goes away :messenger_loudly_crying:

Last edited:

Tiamat2san

Nope.
There’s no coop game exclusive that I could play online with my wife.
That’s why I prefer the approach of MS next gen.
I will play coop between Xbox series X and one X until Lockhart is released.
If not until I buy a second series X for my wife (when series X exclusives are coming)
So for PlayStation only one PS5, no PS4 pro.

mortal

Gold Member
It'll be backwards compatible with PS4 titles, so I don't see the point in that. Unless you're the type of person who likes to have all of your gaming devices on display just for the hell of it.

R6Rider

Gold Member
Only if there are certain games that aren't BC. Otherwise I'll move it into my living room next to my PS3 and 360.

~*~

Neo Member
Moving the PS4 Pro from the living room to the Office. I am thinking of selling the white PS4 in the bedroom (it sounds like a jet engine, beeps and spits out disk) and PS5 gets the Living room.
I'm uncertain about series X, but it's been on my mind to sell the One X.

Dodkrake

Banned
Yes. PS5 will be in my living room, as it should be, and the PS4 will be in my home office, plugged in to my computer monitor.

REDRZA MWS

No reason at all to keep my Pro around. PS5 is going to play all my PS4 games natively, with hopefully better resolution/performance. I’ll either give my Pro away or shelf it incase anything happens to my PS5, a backup until I can fix/replace it.

My PS4 will likely be shoved in a draw to be forgotten about, much like my, GBA, PS2, PSP and Xbox 360. Come to think of it, I also still have my childhood PS One under my bed and a dead Xbox 360 in the back of my wardrobe.

I've sold my ps4 and I've gone PC all the way.
I think I might get a ps5 somewhere down the line because of the exclusives.

Venom Snake

I've kept all my consoles since 1987. I don't throw away equipment that still works well.
My ps4 is used by my colleague from work, it will later go to my mother as a blu-ray player. My ps4 pro will go to my younger brother.

I've kept all my consoles since 1987. I don't throw away equipment that still works well.
My ps4 is used by my colleague from work, it will later go to my mother as a blu-ray player. My ps4 pro will go to my younger brother.
A little bit off topic but I have to say it, I love your avatar man.

GHG

Probably not.

Selling my OG PS4 at the moment and if there is BC the Pro will go as well if I get a PS5.

DESTROYA

Nope, if it’s fully backward compatible I’m trading it in towards the PS5, it’s just a plastic box man!

Mega Man

Keep in mind for those of you thinking of trading in your PS4 Pro:

They also double as a white noise maker/Space Heater.

Something you can't otherwise find in stores...

I will absolutely keep my PS4. I have more than one room with a TV in my house, and I don't think I'll own more than one PS5 for quite a while.

I'm also someone that likes to keep all of my consoles for legacy purposes. I still have a Wii, PS3, and 360, as well as a 3DS and a Vita. If PS5 has comprehensive BC, then maybe my PS3 and PS4 Slim go into a closet while my PS4 Pro and PS5 do all the heavy lifting.

Last edited:
Save files?

Your PS+ keeps saves of every game you played on the cloud. You just reinstall the game and download in 2 seconds your whole save slot. Even if that was not the case, i finished those games, some even twice. Im not looking to pick up an old game and continue a trophy hunt or something. Id rather just start a New Game.

So yes, if BC with PS4 is 300%, no reason to keep a slower console which games i can play on a brand new one. It will literally become paper weight.

Last edited:

SNG32

Once PS5 comes out my ps4 is getting tossed to the curb or i'm going to see if I can trade it in. That's only if it is fully compatible with PS4.

Carna

Banned
I don't know, I need more information on the PS5 from the reveal. in order to decide I want to keep it.

I will probably sell it or trade it in for my PS5 assuming backwards compatibility. The least amount of items I own the better (last time I took inventory of all my belongings it was around 130-140 excluding food/health.

EverydayBeast

thinks Halo Infinite is a new graphical benchmark
Likely will leave the setup, it's unclear right now when a new console comes in you usually sell the old one away.

Top Bottom