• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

will you keep your PS4 beside your PS5?

Old Retro

I have my PSX, 2, 3, and 4 within a few feet of each other as well as Wii and 2 Dreamcasts. All semi-neatly arranged so I don't look like a hoarder/crazy cat lady. Not gonna hold my breath for PS5 BC. Plus transferring all that data would be a pain in the ass.

LordOfChaos

With full BC, digital and physical? Nah, I'm getting whatever little residual value will be left in the PS4 and putting it towards the 5.

I'll do it.

I'll look fondly, lovingly at my shiny new, QUIET, PS5 while throwing up the middle finger and spitting in disgust in the direction of my PS4 Pro.

zeorhymer

Nope. If it'll play all of my PS4 games, there's no reason for me to have 2 consoles clogging up my entertainment shelf.

MagnesG

Banned
Would the trade in value goes down significantly lower after PS5 releases? Though I'm sure it depends on whether the PS4 is the main system or not.

Jigsaah

Gold Member
Nope, selling it, just like im selling my X. coughin up a grand at launch means less money for games. Gotta stop the bleeding somewhere.

njean777

yeah, cuz I won't be getting one for some time as the Series X will be purchased first. Probably mid gen or even late gen before I get a PS5. Unless MS really messes up or something.

Last edited:

Bl@de

If it is 100% backwards compatible? No. I only have my PS3 because the PS4 isn't backwards compatible.

Azurro

Banned
I'll sell my PS4 Pro a month or two before PS5 comes out to get a better value out of it.

I mean, with the PS5 being backwards compatible, why keep it?

ShadoWB4MV

Neo Member
Since the ps5 will supposedly be fully retro compatible, I might sell my pro and keep the regular model just for keeping the collection complete.

phil_t98

#SonyToo
If they implement back comparability the PS4 I own should become redundant. Just have one console on display.

Also hoping with back comparability we see res jumps and more stable frame rates for PS4 games

Sosokrates

Report me if I continue to console war
I will sell my pro to help pay for a next gen console.

Not much point in keeping current gen consoles if you are getting a next gen, because they are both BC.

Gamernyc78

Banned
FYI just some additional info or actually confirmation about thousands of ps4 games being ready on psv bc. People misconstrued what Cerny said and I know others were clearing it up but seemed like ppl still weren't clear. Yup psv will have bc for almost all or majority of ps4 games.

Last edited:

ethomaz

Banned
Yes. I never sell consoles.
But I will never use again... well maybe in 10 years to see if it working... I tried my SNES few years ago and it works fine.

Jtibh

Banned
Yes. I never sell consoles.
But I will never use again... well maybe in 10 years to see if it working... I tried my SNES few years ago and it works fine.
Today i dusted off my ps3 the first time so my daughter can olay the psone versiin of spyro on it.
Lucky me cuz thats all she wants for weeks thanks to youtube.
She finished the ps4 vesion but she cant get enough and she loves these ugly ass polygons

Skyr

Nah I'll give it away or sell it on ebay. No point in keeping it with BC. I'll just assume all the sony exclusives will work with BC. If not..

lachesis

Depending on the quality of BC, obviously.
If BC is perfect +, then sure - I would take it out - but if not, it will sit next to the new console until I'm thru with the games.
Once I'm done with the games that I have on older console, I move it downstairs to retro gaming station, where it sits along with older siblings.
I try to keep it minimal on the main TV set up... just to the current ones.

I always wanted the feeling of being in a hair salon with the ps4 but the bonus of keeping ps4 and ps5 together will be this hair salon will be at an airport.

JLB

Banned
I'm going to put the PS5 on top of the PS4 so they can hump and make a baby.

9WNl3Qi.jpg

Maybe not.
sex between brothers, what can go wrong?

Consumer

well duh... how else am I supposed to boost 3-player online multiplayer trophies for PS4 games? With my 2 PS4s??

Shakka43

PS5 will most likely play all PS4 exclusives so no I won't keep my PS4 on display.

My PS3 which I also still have connected to the TV will most likely get another year or so before shelve it in favor of the RCPS3 emulator.

Pantz

If there are some exclusives that are not backwards compatible on PS5, then yes. I could imagine them not supporting something like Driveclub.

If they got Driveclub and pretty much any other exclusive I'd want to play one day then I could kiss my PS4 goodbye.

Mithos

If I can play every single PS4 game I own on PS5, then NO I will not be keeping my PS4.

Last edited:
Top Bottom