• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox and Bethesda Showcase June 12th

Godot25

Banned
I don't think that we will see avowed or Hellblade, but the rest are likely. I'm looking forward to all of those.
Avowed is supposed to be out in first half of 2023 according to Grubb and Jez so it is pretty safe bet.

Only reason why Hellblade II should not be there is because it was at TGAs which is fine I guess

Dolodolo

gqvoUpn.jpg
zcbPLrP.jpg

mckmas8808

Mckmaster uses MasterCard to buy Slave drives
You’d think he’d have the brains to put a show super close to MS’s show to take away their hype. Like they use to do every year at e3, but last couple years nothing, instead they announce an event weeks later.

It's like that man has no brain. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful either.

Kokoloko85

It's like that man has no brain. And I'm not trying to be disrespectful either.
Same, some things are just obvious to do it.

Now they start working on BC…. This should of happened before PS5 came out. They have alot of money and this stuff doesnt cost much compared to other things they have spent money on

Yeah Im happy Microsoft stick to a known schedule. That way we know when things will happen. Sony are taking the piss with how unpredictable they have been. When they finally show up, we get a short 40 minute showcase or even worse, a state of play.

Last edited:
At this point the odds of that happening are higher than ever before. But they literally just put out Ghostwire. I doubt they'll have any announcement for Tango there.
Last I heard, I think there's Johanas' project, though it could be something original for Tango and not TEW related
The first 2 gamnes were hardly big sellers, it wouldnt efect much.
Really? I thought the first one was a mainstream seller

Stuart360

Last I heard, I think there's Johanas' project, though it could be something original for Tango and not TEW related

Really? I thought the first one was a mainstream seller
You're talking about 'The Evil Within' right?. No as far as i remember both games were not big sellers, in fact i remember a bit of shock when the second game got greenlit because the first game didnt do that well.

ZehDon

Time to see what they've got. If it's another year of game CGI announcement trailers with zero gameplay, I'll be very upset.

Hopefully they don't waste time with padding. I don't want to see a trailers for updates to games no one cares about, like Halo Infinite. Show me Quake, Fable, Avowed, Starfield; show me games that I'll just need to play that I can't play anywhere else.

Ozriel

M$FT
And Starfield have yet to exist and make its proof. But as usual some people bait on promises instead of actual concrete stuffs.

What does this even mean?

Time to see what they've got. If it's another year of game CGI announcement trailers with zero gameplay, I'll be very upset.

Hopefully they don't waste time with padding. I don't want to see a trailers for updates to games no one cares about, like Halo Infinite. Show me Quake, Fable, Avowed, Starfield; show me games that I'll just need to play that I can't play anywhere else.

Hope someone from xbox is here to push this to Phil. The show has to be tailored to just your specific tastes or else…

Last edited:

Wulfer

Can you feel it? This thread has the power to stay on the front page until June 12th...

Because on June 12th we won't know what threads to post in to keep up...

Last edited:

JohnnyFootball

GerAlt-Right. Ciriously.
Like every year, I want an official Fallout 3 and New Vegas remaster.

I don't give a fuck if anyone disagrees with me. THe Fallout franchise is badly in need of a shot in the arm. This will give people something, while someone develops Fallout 5/New Vegas 2.

Of course, I would be mega excited if we got a new Fallout game developed by Obsidian.

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Like every year, I want an official Fallout 3 and New Vegas remaster.

I don't give a fuck if anyone disagrees with me. THe Fallout franchise is badly in need of a shot in the arm. This will give people something, while someone develops Fallout 5/New Vegas 2.

Of course, I would be mega excited if we got a new Fallout game developed by Obsidian.

Fallout 3 is already essentially a remaster on SX, 4K at 60 FPS. New Vegas didn't get a resolution boost unfortunately but at least it got a 60 FPS patch. So there's that.

Gone

Banned
I just wanna see Avowed, Perfect Dark, Forza MS8, and most importantly Fable.

This has the potential to be an amazing showcay.

PuffyCan

I just wanna see Avowed, Perfect Dark, Forza MS8, and most importantly Fable.

This has the potential to be an amazing showcay.
I don't think we'll get Fable and perfect dark this yeat, both seems at least 2 year out, replace with hellblade 2 and maybe compulsion new game (been a long time for them)

Even though this show will be mostly 1st and 3rd party exclusive stuff..I'd like some release date trailers for these Gamepass day and dates:

-A Plague Tale Requiem
-Atomic Heart
-Sommerville
-Replaced
-Midnight Fight Express
-Scorn
-Planet of Lana

Plantoid

My predictions:

New game announcement from ID SOFTWARE
Starfield gameplay
Forza 8 gameplay + launch 2022
Scorn release date
Hellblade 2 release date
Avowed gameplay
Redfall gameplay + launch 2022
A plague tale gamepass day1

Possible gameplay/cgi:

Indiana Jones
Contraband
Fable
Cod joins gamepass (can be arranged even before the acquisition goes through)

Wishful thinking:

Rumoured mandalorian game
Any other game that isn't on the list

Last edited:

GigaBowser

The bear of bad news
Bethesda is going to have me getting a Series X.

They're just too damn good.

Don't give a shit about Activation.

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
All y'all posting about Starfield getting delayed are being added to a list.

Season 3 Leave GIF by Martin
lol yesssssssssssss

I think it might get delayed too and for the better. If they need more time, so be it. Its a day 1 for me regardless. Will look dated, will have bugs, will not give a shit and will be there day 1 lol

semi OT, rewatched all 5 seasons of Martin last year to get the 90's feels. I'm drawing a graphic novel set in the 80's/90's and wanted it to be like what those times were like, not what I remembered based on being a kid. Nostalgia be that way some times lol

EDMIX

Writes a lot, says very little
if that happens, it's a win for the green rats, a loss for me because I got no current gen Xbox

lol play it on PC.

Most of their games I just played on PC and getting a console version was something I always did on the side or with a remaster or something like that. Mods was a big reason why I got most of their games on PC, but who knows if they'll do that as a day 1 thing on console in the future or just leave that to remasters years later or something.

ZehDon

What does this even mean?

Hope someone from xbox is here to push this to Phil. The show has to be tailored to just your specific tastes or else.
If you insist on lowering the quality of the board with your worthless shit posts, kindly refrain from involving me. Alternatively, grow a sense of humour and at least entertain us with your dumb-fuckery.

adamsapple

I can never tell if this gif is being used sarcastically or not. Because obviously in the movie this is the crescendo before an anti-climactic scene.

You've put a lot more thought into it than I did when posting the gif :messenger_grinning_sweat:

I've said many times there's a chance this is getting delayed and I won't be surprised one bit if it does.

They've been reiterating the 11/11 date as of a few days ago via official communication. I'm 90% confident they'll make the date.

But if for any reason it gets delayed and if it's a big delay (eg to Summer 2023) that's gonna be a massive bummer.

Last edited:
I’m VERY much looking forward to this showcase. Last year’s show was great, but I expect 2022’s event to be amazing. There is an embarrassment of riches that have potential to be there:
- Starfield (2022)
- Redfall (2022)
- Forza Next gen (2022 or first half 2023)

Even just the above are an interesting trio because we haven’t seen any gameplay from those games yet, and they could potentially all release within 6 months of the Xbox showcase. Exciting!

Then you add in other 2022 possibilities like Somerville, Replaced, Grounded, and Deathloop (Xbox version). IMO if all all of the above targeted 2022 games made it out, it’d be an even stronger 2nd half of the year for Xbox than 2021.

Add in the following games that are further out and have a shot at being shown and it’s an amazing show coming up:
- Avowed
- Fable
- Hellblade II
- New announcements

Nydius

Gold Member
Hope like hell they show a LOT of Starfield. The game is due to release in exactly 6 months and 14 days from the time I'm typing this and we've seen precious little. Mostly concept art and alpha renderings. Their website for the game is still completely barebones, practically a template site. No links to information, no drip fed world building, just some links to their Discord and their game specific newsletter/fan group. This website looks like one for a game that was only recently announced with some concept ViDocs, not one for a major triple-A game that's due to release in six months.

Edit: I see some posts regarding delays and my concern isn't that it's going to be delayed but rather that Bethesda will push to stick with the 11.11.22 release date, even if the game needs more time in the oven. We've already had too many instances of that shit happening on Xbox. Imagine if Starfield comes out in an undercooked state almost one year after the flustercuck of the Halo Infinite launch. Oof. I'd rather them take the black eye if a delay is necessary.

Last edited:

adamsapple

Can’t wait to see Starfield!

Why are they saying Xbox and Bethesda? Why not just Xbox?

It was the same last year. MS seems like they're not interfering in Bethesda keeping their identity, probably gonna be the same for Acti/Blizz.

E3 2023 Microsoft x Bethesda x Activision Blizzard Showcase.

Last edited:

Fredrik

Branding, I’d assume. Having Bethesda straight in the title will probably draw in more viewers.
Hmm yeah that makes sense I guess, making sure the Bethesda PC and PS fans aren’t ignoring the show just because it’s Xbox.

D

Deleted member 471617

Unconfirmed Member
Super hyped for the Xbox and Bethesda Games Showcase. Expecting two hours. My predictions -

- Massive 30 minute blowout for Starfield. 11/11/22.
- Redfall gameplay trailer. February 2023.
- Fable gameplay trailer.
- Avowed gameplay trailer. 2023.
- Contraband gameplay trailer. 2023.
- Age of Empires IV. Console port. October 2022.
- Forza Motorsport gameplay overview trailer. September 2022.
- Compulsion Games new IP. CGI trailer.

- Indie Games Segment Montage
- Game Pass Segment
- Third Party Games. Main one most likely being A Plague Tale Requiem. Day One Game Pass. Expecting an August release date.
- Scorn gameplay trailer. October 2022.

There will be a few other reveals as well as game segments for new content for Forza Horizon 5, Flight Simulator, Sea of Thieves, etc.

Top Bottom