• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox:"Console wars aren't worth your time – playing games is 💚"

adamsapple

Or is it just one of Phil's balls in my throat?
Not Happening No Way GIF

Power Pro

Immature console warring saying "my console is better than your console" is stupid, but I think there is still some justification for someone being upset or pissed when something becomes exclusive to another platform, or another platform gets poor support.

Gaming is an expensive hobby, and with that some people have to make their decision with consideration on which platform they're going to back and focus on. They want their purchase to feel justified, and to feel good that they made the right choice. If the someone bought a PS5 because they were excited and anticipating something like Starfield for example, and then Microsoft goes and buys the company and makes it exclusive to Xbox, that PS5 owner has a right to be upset I think. Vice versa is true as well if that happens, like when Sony buys up exclusivity on games that would play just fine on Xbox.

Just my two cents anyway. I'm one of those insane people who has all the consoles so I have all the options available to me.

Last edited:

ZehDon

Gold Member
This fanboy is dying to see PlayStation losing to Xbox
XrxACKn.jpg
I'll never understand people wanting consoles to "win". We need healthy competition in this space to keep everyone honest and get us - the customer - the best deals the market can provide. When Microsoft thought they'd "won", that's when they dreamt up the Xbone's DRM non-sense. When Sony thought they'd "won", that's when we got the PS3 - and I'd argue Ryan thinks he's won today, so we're getting unjustifiable price increases. Competition is a good thing.

From the point of view of an Xbox gamer, you can find yourself waring when you don't have an issue with PlayStation or Nintendo.
Xbox has been shit on for a number of years, mostly due to MSs own inept decisions, about not having any games, not having certain types of games, and so on.
At a point you get sick of the constant snide remarks and shit takes and you start to try and defend the console.
This normally happens by showing examples of hypocrisy and issues that the other side are over looking about their own console.
This of course, leads to a rebuttal, and the next thing you know you have two weeks off from GAF to play Starfield lol.

However, things are pretty damm good on this side of the console space. We have a constant pipeline of quality first party exclusives coming down through the years, and if the CMA pass the deal, there will be an additional stream of Activision exclusives in the future as well.
The people throwing shit at Xbox are now doing it without the smile.

DeepEnigma

Gold Member
From the point of view of an Xbox gamer, you can find yourself waring when you don't have an issue with PlayStation or Nintendo.
Xbox has been shit on for a number of years, mostly due to MSs own inept decisions, about not having any games, not having certain types of games, and so on.
At a point you get sick of the constant snide remarks and shit takes and you start to try and defend the console.
This normally happens by showing examples of hypocrisy and issues that the other side are over looking about their own console.
This of course, leads to a rebuttal, and the next thing you know you have two weeks off from GAF to play Starfield lol.

However, things are pretty damm good on this side of the console space. We have a constant pipeline of quality first party exclusives coming down through the years, and if the CMA pass the deal, there will be an additional stream of Activision exclusives in the future as well.
First Half GIF

Why is your identity tied to which plastic box you decided to buy though? And continuing to do it even when they are doing terribly by your own admission?

I’ll just never get it.

T-0800

The first real console war I can remember started in 1991 when the SNES launched in NA. Mainly due to Sega of America’s brilliant marketing that wheat right at Nintendo.

Pfft. I made fun of Amstrad owners back in the day. Intellivsion owners before that.

DJ12

'We over hype mediocre games, these wars we've started are backfiring heavily, we should stop now, besides chums, soon we will sell all games on all platforms as the stock holders are getting pissy about spending all this money on games and not raking in the profits.' - xbox

Top Bottom