• Hey, guest user. Hope you're enjoying NeoGAF! Have you considered registering for an account? Come join us and add your take to the daily discourse.

Xbox Promotes COVID Vaccination & Dispels Vaccine Myths

Status
Not open for further replies.

reksveks

Well the censorship by media and big tech certainly doesn't help. When doctors lose their license to practice over their opinion that later becomes consensus it certainly doesn't help either.

People want informed consent. I say get the vaccine if you want it(I did) but don't withhold information from people.

Factual correct information doesn't spread as fast and/or influence people as much as disinformation or misinformation. I am not sure what the solution is unless you moderate/censor actual disinformation.

Unknown?

Factual correct information doesn't spread as fast and/or influence people as much as disinformation or misinformation. I am not sure what the solution is unless you moderate/censor actual disinformation.
Censorship come across as not having a valid position and/or hiding something. It is the stupidest way of getting truth out there. Not to mention it spits in the face of science.

Last edited:
Actually, technically it is.

Essentially vaccinations work by containing weakened or inactive parts of a particular organism (antigen) that triggers an immune response within the body. Over time, we would potentially develop an evolutionary immunity to a disease such as this but of course, that takes a LOT longer.

Also, the fact that the body CAN adapt to a vaccine and utilize our own immune system to target the issue, would show it's more "natural" than you think.
actually , technically , it isn't , as it isn't needed , the natural immune system in this case , sufficiently suffices , the old and infirm , are dying anyway, smart arse ... not in ingredients , not in need , not in anything.

it isn't natural , its a fkin a.i fk juice the govs are pushing on ppl , and they can fk off.

Outrunner

Here's the thing with that.

I come from an actual research background. Not an 'internet research' background. An actual, clinical research background. Your 'research' is no such thing. It's you reading stuff you find on the internet that confirms whatever stupid idea you've been fed by twitter. Your 'questioning' has about as much value as insisting that people diagnosed with late stage cancer should be 'questioning and researching' their prescribed treatments. At some point, it would do you, and the rest of the anti-vaccination cultists, a moment of humility in recognising how utterly out of your depth you are with the opinions you are holding, and how dangerous you are with the misinformation you spread.

I know, I know. The internet makes you feel like you're the smartest person in the world and everyone else is a blind sheep being raped by the media, and that makes you feel so powerful and strong. I understand. But, you're an idiot. A dangerous idiot spewing dangerous, ignorant opinions, led by other idiots with agendas. But, we both know, you absolutely do not know what the fuck you are talking about.

I don't care about you. I'm sorry that you feel attacked - but, I'll say it again. Your opinions are stupid, and you are stupid. The reason that I'm not interested in what 'antivaxxers' say is that your friends aren't involved in clinical research, they aren't epidemiologists, they aren't infectious disease or public health policy experts, they don't have extensive, multi-decade publication histories in epidemiology, and they aren't involved in government. They are nitwits. Like you.

The ignorance dripping from this post is just mortifying. You being 'a very active and healthy person' means absolutely fuck all, and whatever anecdotal nonsense about 'your friends' that you've shat out is equally worthless. These two claims have nothing to contribute regarding control of the pandemic, the mortality rates of COVID-19, or any attempts to encourage vaccination in order to save people's lives.

Your arrogance is eye watering.

rekt GIF

The best roast to the "I've done my own research" crew I've read in a while.

reksveks

Censorship come across as not having a valid position and/or hiding something. It is the stupidest way of getting truth out there.
Yes, it does come across as hiding something but the current state is still one where misinformation or disinformation is the most trafficked information. What would be the solution? I quite like the warning labels but even those get complaints.

Thanati

actually , technically , it isn't , as it isn't needed , the natural immune system in this case , sufficiently suffices , the old and infirm , are dying anyway, smart arse ... not in ingredients , not in need , not in anything.

it isn't natural , its a fkin a.i fk juice the govs are pushing on ppl , and they can fk off.
You clearly didn't read what I said.

I want you to seriously ask yourself, WHY would the government, or people like Bill Gates, care if you take the vaccine? Do you honestly believe they are using it to track you and such? Please remember that you probably have a driving license, you walk around and are on CCTV, you're on your computer and/or phone and are being tracked etc.

So, why is the vaccine so different?

Optimus Lime

(L3) + (R3) | Spartan rage activated
rekt GIF

The best roast to the "I've done my own research" crew I've read in a while.
It's just incredible watching these halfwits babble about 'research'.

One of the best things a colleague once said to me on the topic was: 'Yeah. Anyone can 'read the research'. But, they have no chance of interpreting it. That's a completely different thing requiring decades of training.'

But, of course, GAF's Alex Jones acolytes skipped all of that pesky training and accreditation and went straight to 'I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH LEL' because someone posted a PDF on Reddit. It's fucking infuriating, especially in a situation like the one we are in.

RafterXL

As someone whose father had Polio, which came back and killed him nearly 50 years later I'm just glad that the moron anti-vaxx movement wasn't around in the 50's, so that we could basically wipe that disease away. Imagine a world where these idiots allowed diseases like Polio and Measles to spread because they were to ignorant and stubborn to get vaccinated.

NOTE: DO NOT TURN THIS INTO A COVID VACCINE DEBATE THREAD. WE HAVE THE COVID OT FOR THAT.

This is mainly to point out a major gaming company with huge reach getting behind this. Sony should do the same.

Shit, if I didn't already respect the fuck out of Xbox and the folks at Microsoft, this big an endorsement of the COVID-19 vaccines and to dispel myths about it definitely makes me respect them that much more. Well done.

S

SpongebobSquaredance

Unconfirmed Member
fk knows , they get deleted , just as i am reading it , or want to make a point , its gone,... hey , maybe i should just watch the main news outlets and scientists on the news and mps??
there has to be at least one top virologist or former top virologist.

You clearly didn't read what I said.

I want you to seriously ask yourself, WHY would the government, or people like Bill Gates, care if you take the vaccine? Do you honestly believe they are using it to track you and such? Please remember that you probably have a driving license, you walk around and are on CCTV, you're on your computer and/or phone and are being tracked etc.

So, why is the vaccine so different?
track you , and fk knows what else , why do you think they don't want you grouped , it also goes hand in hand as a perfect controller to world pollution , and birth rates , intelligence .. i didn't make the shit mate..

i just know its an agenda..

Outrunner

It's just incredible watching these halfwits babble about 'research'.

One of the best things a colleague once said to me on the topic was: 'Yeah. Anyone can 'read the research'. But, they have no chance of interpreting it. That's a completely different thing requiring decades of training.'

But, of course, GAF's Alex Jones acolytes skipped all of that pesky training and accreditation and went straight to 'I HAVE DONE MY RESEARCH LEL' because someone posted a PDF on Reddit. It's fucking infuriating, especially in a situation like the one we are in.

One and half year dealing with covid patients and reading this kind of bs is actually frustrating. But internet edge lords who read an wikipedia article and are immediatly experts know better.

Thanati

track you , and fk knows what else , why do you think they don't want you grouped , it also goes hand in hand as a perfect controller to world pollution , and birth rates , intelligence .. i didn't make the shit mate..

i just know its an agenda..
Again, there are words but no coherence.

Optimus Lime

have you fkin heard of google , i ain't researching shit , you should know . or have you ignored or no need to know the additional , counter information , to bills a.i vacc.... are you one.....
But, you hold some fairly strong beliefs. Surely, you must have some kind of evidence? Do you honestly expect other people to 'research' the things you're saying, simply because you have said them?

Optimus Lime

r you fkin rael?

idiot....
I am very much 'fkin rael'.

You're making some fairly serious claims about a global conspiracy, medical malpractice, a sinister cabal of technology industrialists and government engaging in a covert program of eugenics. You're clearly an educated person, and not a person given to impulsive thinking. So, I'm interested to hear more about your sources, what you've discovered, and what we can do about it.

Do you have anything handy in your files that you could share with us?

You're making some fairly serious claims about a global conspiracy, medical malpractice, a sinister cabal of technology industrialists and government engaging in a covert program of eugenics. You're clearly an educated person, and not a person given to impulsive thinking. So, I'm interested to hear more about your sources, what you've discovered, and what we can do about it.

the luciferfarians know , ask dem.... drop them numbers , every fkin time the covid was on news , when it first , came around.....

Thanati

i know dat , anything on insta , fb or anywhere , not in agreement with news... gets blocked. blacklisted. not in your search bar son shine.

just like the monsters inc cypher explanation....
Riiiight.

So what "research" have you done? Let's take a look at two potential options you may have embarked upon:

Option A
  • Conducted a full-on literature review from multiple sources?
  • Did you write up a hypothesis and then proceeded to validate/invalidate it?
  • Did you then get your work peer-reviewed?
  • Did you then get your "research" published and established in a well-established journal
Option B
  • Went on YouTube and followed videos that are of interest to you based on your own searches on conspiracies?
  • Copy and pasted from the comments
  • Followed more YouTube articles based on these

Based on your incoherent and nonsensical ramblings, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you fall into the "Option B" category.

Last edited:

elliot5

Just report the troll and move on

Optimus Lime

the luciferfarians know , ask dem.... drop them numbers , every fkin time the covid was on news , when it first , came around.....
I'm not asking 'the luciferfarians'. I'm asking you. You're the one in here sharing your views, and I'm asking you to provide some of your sources. You're presenting some very provocative and unsettling ideas regarding the dangerous potential for our technological and epidemiological capacities as a species to be hijacked in the services of eugenics programs. It's thought provoking stuff, so I'd love for you to share some of your sources.

Do you have any links that provide more detail around how this information was leaked to the public?

Riiiight.

So what "research" have you done?. Let's take a look at two potential options you may have embarked upon:

Option A
  • Conducted a full-on literature review from multiple sources?
  • Did you write up a hypothesis and then proceeded to validate/invalidate it?
  • Did you then get your work peer-reviewed?
  • Did you then get your "research" published and established in a well-established journal
Option B
  • Went on YouTube and followed videos that are of interest to you based on your own searches on conspiracies?
  • Copy and pasted from the comments
  • Followed more YouTube articles based on these

Based on your incoherent and nonsensical ramblings, I'm going to go out on a limb here and say you fall into the "Option B" category.
are you guys all butt hurt cos you had jab in your jacksies??

want some more salt on your fries shit heads lol....

Concern

The ignorance dripping from this post is just mortifying. You being 'a very active and healthy person' means absolutely fuck all, and whatever anecdotal nonsense about 'your friends' that you've shat out is equally worthless. These two claims have nothing to contribute regarding control of the pandemic, the mortality rates of COVID-19, or any attempts to encourage vaccination in order to save people's lives.

Your arrogance is eye watering.

Your concern is what's mortifying. Take your shots and mind your own business. "Anti vaxxers " don't go around insulting or nagging other people about their choices.

There's no need for 'conspiracy theories' when all you have to do is look back and see how they said you couldn't get covid or spread it with the vax, let alone even need to wear a mask anymore.

Fast forward a few months and cases are rising again, vaxxed are "superspreaders" ,still get the virus, and have to wear masks again. Then you have them saying the efficacy is getting low and people will now need "booster" shots.

You can claim to be Fauci, Albert Einstein, or even Michael Jackson on the internet. It means jack shit on here, much less when your only form of discussion here has been directly insulting people and attacking them rather than their arguments.

Edit: I wont continue to entertain this topic with someone who can't handle opposing views

Last edited:

azertydu91

Hard to Kill

Nah it's a new kind of conspiracy where the lack of evidence of what you are saying is itself an evidence of a cover up.....
17339356.jpg

You claim A
everybody says A is wrong and B is true
therefore it is a global conspiracy against A
not even once questionning that you could simply be wrong or not know.
We are now in a society full of ultracrepidarian not capable of saying "I don't know" or "this is beyond my knowledge".
But sure a quick google research probably subject of a filter bubble is probably a better research than years of hard work and study dedicated of said subject.
Why would you be wrong some youtubers and their sphere agree with you?

Yes please, elaborate more. The earth doesnt move?
take a flat plate with four trolley wheels on it , place on a flat smooth surface , place a gyroscope atop and another atop of that... observe , it doesn't move , the pendulum experiment is bs also.. , as it was sat in a building with walls....most of your main science facts are... lmao...

go fk off , you dumb bastards know nothing!!!!{john snowwwww}

:)

ask a sniper if the bs maths in a sniper book is relevant , they will say no , then ask why? cos the world doesn't move...

more salt knob heads??

Last edited:

RafterXL

Clearly educated? No, he's just another ignorant loser who repeats conspiratorial nonsense. Why even humor his mentally Ill bullshit?

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Top Bottom