Matt Booty interview on Friends Per Second (SkillUp's podcast).
- Grounded was played by 13 mil players.
- Coalitions helps Undead Lab with animation for State of Decay 3
- Obsidian's Pentiment has happen because Gamepass and it's entirely Josh Sawyer idea and the team chance to get more heavy projects in the future;
- Negative sides of Gamepass in Matt Booty's opinion: game design is inherently tied to business model
- Halo Infinite had in December 2021 a peak of 20 mil players playing the game.
- Bigger the team working on a game, harder to ship it.
- Halo Infinite plan to give content fell short and he recognize it
- 343 leadership and team changed and refocused to sustain content release and regular updates
- Crystal Dynamics was brought to co-develop as equal partner the Perfect Dark game because the creation of a new studio and developing a new AAA game at the same time was not as feasible as they thought.
- Crystal Dynamics had ~100 people available not working on a game and was a perfect match for helping The Initiative to do Perfect Dark.
- Playground Games pitch Fable and they were given credit due to their technology base and high quality work till now.
- inExile new game impressed the other studio from MS when was showed a demo on their meetings.
- Starfield is more than Skyrim in space and he calls the art style "Nasapunk";
- Forza Motorsport is gonna blow people away;
- Not confirmed, but Redfall might come before Starfield.